Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Universal City Nissan...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 10:45 PM
DragonGcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Universal City Nissan...

I've searched and read completely horror reviews from this dump. I would love to avoid this place at all costs, but chances are I can't. I'm looking to buy a 2004.5 black track w/ nav, and they seem to have the last two in all of Southern California. The next closest one is past San Francisco...

I know the the service here is horrible, and I've even heard of them over pricing and stuff. Did anyone else have to buy their car from here? I know I will never go here for service (it's a 1 hour drive from my house). & Performance Nissan is way closer. I don't want to drive up there and have them try to rip me off. I know that the 2005's are coming soon. They will have to get rid of those 04's sometime.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:23 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Universal City Nissan...

Originally posted by DragonGcoupe
I'm looking to buy a 2004.5 black track w/ nav, and they seem to have the last two in all of Southern California
If you're going by what's on the dealer inventory from the Nissan site, you're wasting you time. Those figures are either outdated or just plain wrong. I would call the dealerships directly and ask what they have and what they are getting soon. And I wouldn't disclose that I was dead set on a specific color model and options package, otherwise if they know they have the only one they're much less likely to negotiate. And finally I would highly recommed dealing with Performance Nissan.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Mr Twisted

With so few Tracks left reguardless of color I'd be surprised if you could get much off at all... Maybe Preformance can arrange a trade with University for you worth a try.. Talk to Ken in internet fleet sales or to Mike Cronin himself.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Elitemotion

universal nissan / glendale nissan will not trade with anyother dealers.. they think there too big for all the small ones including performance
Old 09-20-2004, 10:31 AM
elyliu

I got my ZR at universal. I think I overpaid ...

And service does indeed suck there. Too bad they are so close to my work. If I have service work to do, I drive out of my way to Performance.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:15 PM
DragonGcoupe

I called this sh*t hole today, and what do you know? They can't take me seriously over the phone. I'm trying to ask for all the track models they have in stock, but all they can say is we have tons of 350Z available, can we schedule you an appointment to come look. NO ONE HAS TONS OF TRACK MODELS!!
Old 09-20-2004, 03:31 PM
Mr Twisted

What do you expect.... there motto must be therwe is one born everry date and even more after they've got your money.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:46 PM
elyliu

Universal does have a HUGE inventory. They have 2 more car lots besides what they have on site. And they have a lot of Zs to begin with.

I actually picked up my car at one of the offsite lots.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:06 PM
DragonGcoupe

I know they have TONS .. of TOURING, PERFORMANCE, and ENTHUSIASTS ones..

They have like 5 TRACK ones. I don't want to tell them directly that I want black track w/ nav .. So I just asked what kind of colors they had their track ones.. They couldn't even do that for me.
Old 09-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Wedge

I have Nav on my 03 and if I had it to do over again, I would have skipped the nav and used the money towards a new sound system with a head unit that had a pop out screen for Nav and DVD.

I mention this because if the factory Nav is the sticking point and you could find a car somewhere else with all the options you want except Nav, then it would give you more options.

Good Luck in your quest!!
Old 09-20-2004, 11:23 PM
DragonGcoupe

I just REALLY want the nav option though. It's a sweet motorized door, and it won't be available for 2005 Track models, that's why I'm going through this sh*t. Performance Nissan has a black track w/o nav.. Ahh my luck!
Old 09-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Luv Mntrl
Suck it!

Originally posted by DragonGcoupe
I called this sh*t hole today, and what do you know? They can't take me seriously over the phone. I'm trying to ask for all the track models they have in stock, but all they can say is we have tons of 350Z available, can we schedule you an appointment to come look. NO ONE HAS TONS OF TRACK MODELS!!
They couldn't me more full of *****! Just as the Z was coming out, and I was visiting Pauley in LA from Montreal, we went to look at them as I wanted one. They gave us some bla bla bla, and I knew in my gut they thought we were full of schit; that we didn't look like we had enough money to buy one.....fast forward last year...we show up in my Z, and I speak to another sales jackazz about the Liquid Aluminum (which at the time was not out yet).....I asked whether they would be getting any as we were interested in another Z. "Liquid what?", he said. I said, "you work for Nissan and have NO clue about this new color???". Then I asked for the sales manager, as I knew we were getting the same f'n b.s. treatment we got in the past. We got the same bla bla bla, and all they wanted was for us to sign right away. I said, " I already have a Z, it's parked on the street", "oh ya", he says. They are so full of schit, their eyes are Brown. Needless to say they never called us the first time, nor the second time for a Z.....and we already have one! LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They lost 2 sales......***** em'!

DO NOT go to Universal Nissan for anything...especially a Z. Find it somewhere else. Or pick something else without the nav. An after maket nav is better anyway. It will give you more for your buck. ***** giving them your hard earned money, when they don't even give a schit about you. And screw the nav....get your Z somewhere else, and then go after market for your nav!

Good luck to you!!!!! Keep us posted!
Jen
Old 09-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Egbert Souse

I leased my '03 Track from that hell hole in Universal City about 18 months ago, when the car was pretty new, and generally carried a dealer markup. The experience was awful. All the cars were loaded with NAV, a $2000 I did not want. I liked the 350Z so much that I gave in and leased it at MSRP w/NAV. They are jerkoffs and I would never go back there again. I have all my service work done at Performance Nissan in Duarte, which is a long drive for me, but they are mod-friendly and will take good care of you. I have no experience with Performance Nissan's sales dept.
Attached Thumbnails Universal City Nissan...-350z-nismo-wheels-side.jpg  
Old 09-21-2004, 11:41 PM
n10zt

We want what we want at the moment. Remember however, that the same want might eventually fade. I would seriously consider this..

DVD-based navi, mp3/cd/DVD player,.. etc

I got the pics from this thread

Old 09-22-2004, 10:02 PM
DragonGcoupe

I know the navi really seems like a extra item, but I LOVE the motorized motor (even though I know it will break down ASAP). And nav isn't going to be available in 05.. I made the mistake of not getting my G35c without nav, so I dont' wanna do it again. Plus I think the OEM nav compart looks weird without some sort of screen in there.

I have no cash and my parents will be paying, so adding an aftermarket system is NOT an option.

You guys are really tempting me to not get a nav though.. If I don't opt for one.. I can pick up the 350z just like I want it at Performance Nissan right now. God, I even dread going to that sh*t hole.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Risk

My Z is the third (fourth if you count my G35) Nissan that I have had. I first bought my '97 altima used form Performance, and they even replaced the grill for me when I bought it......and then..(scary music) I bought my used 2000 Maxima from universal city, and they wouldnt even put new brake pads on it for me!! ......bought my G35 (new) from Tustin Infinity and had a very good experience, they even sent me an ugly plant. Most recently got my Z from Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa, so far, its in there right now for clutch noise, I keep you all posted on what they do.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:42 AM
ProfessorKan

DRAGON COUPE.

DO NOT, or shall I say DO NOT buy from UN Nissan (sister of Glendale Nissan). If you must, PM me and I'll put you in contact with one of the only humane sales guy over in Glendale Nissan.

I picked up my car this past weekend from Glendale. Let's just say the buying experience was a robbery, in the end the sales that helped me got me a good deal i couldn't refuse.

It is a really long story, unfortunatley I can't share much about it as of right now.

Becareful!
Old 02-06-2005, 08:28 PM
pay

Default Re: Universal City Nissan...

i am lookign to buy my z too. i was considering universal nissan noticd they were rank 1st in nissan sales in all of nissan i thought that was because they get rid of their cars at all costs, but after reading this post im nto too sure about that.

what would be good dealers to go to then in or around the sanf ernando valley.. cus i had a horrible experience at the woodland hills nissan (which is brand new) the sales manager was really helpful but the salesman didnt even let me test drive it cus i wasnt buying it that day.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:47 AM
iLLestJrz

I'd like to put in my Universal City Nissan bashing as well...

When I was first looking for a Z to buy in late 2003, I called them because I wanted a DB Enthusiast. (This is after I called every Nissan Dealer in So Cal). They told me that they had an '03 DB Enthusiast. I was like "woa! THats awesome". I drive over that same night, and I take a look at the Z and what do I find... I freaking Z that has hail damage everywhere. I mean cover in hail damage about 90% if the body. They were trying to sell me f'kd up Z over the phone. I was like the hell with these guys. I'm never dealing with them again.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:08 AM
silverbullet350

risk what clutch noise are you having??? cuz i think im having the same thing???? when the clutch is ou in neutral do you hear a noise during idle???

Quick Reply: Universal City Nissan...