Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 06:56 AM
ToXiC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket

man this suxs i just got pulled over from the hpd for no front plates but on the actual ticket for model they put 300 instead of 350 so i was wondering if that was a technicality were i could get out of the ticket and not have to pay court cost r the ticket. the cop said take a pic w/ the date on it w/ the front plate on. so what do u guys think
Old 03-01-2006, 07:00 AM
Gryphin

Originally Posted by ToXiC
man this suxs i just got pulled over from the hpd for no front plates but on the actual ticket for model they put 300 instead of 350 so i was wondering if that was a technicality were i could get out of the ticket and not have to pay court cost r the ticket. the cop said take a pic w/ the date on it w/ the front plate on. so what do u guys think
ziptie that baby to the front, make sure you have the date on the picture *most cameras have this but you can turn it on or off..* take it down to the court house... show the judge that you fixed the problem.. and then when they let you go and you go home, cut that sucka off
Old 03-02-2006, 07:46 AM
rudedogatx

HPD pulled you over for just no front plates? Were you doing anything suspicious? They only time I have been pulled over for no front plate was by a state trooper. I have had no problems here in Austin, but from my experience HPD is way more lax than APD.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 AM
hypeiv

hpd pulls people over?

Most of the time when I see a cop in houston they are going faster than me.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:42 AM
desiZ

photochop it !!! hahaha
Old 03-09-2006, 05:04 AM
The Mike

Was it a young asian cop? Unbelievably the same cop caught me twice for no front plate. A year apart each time in different part of Houston. Once when i was coming to the courthouse on Lubbuck to pay a speeding ticket I was directy in front of the courthouse waiting to make a left turn to park and he comes behind me and pulls me over ... "convenient huh?" And the second time a year later was around the 610 westloop area making a U under the underpass and the cop is just sitting there and makes me stop to give me a ticket.. Bah! lazy bum. Most other times i've gotten pulled over for speeding they don't even care about the no front plate at all... they even say nice car *and give me the speeding ticket* lol. Anyways just wondering if it was the same cop as the one that gave it to me.... Most cops are cool and don't bother about it... but its a hassle just knowing that anytime, anywhere, they could pull you over if they wanted to just because of it... . god forbid you are driving home after having a little bit to drink after dinner or something and they smell it on your breath.. you are screwed.

ps: update, just got a new ticket for going 90mph on the freeway (65 limit). Gosh i hate those laser guns... no detector can help you against those. Oh well, the 25 over rule is gonna apply here... defensive driving here I come.

Last edited by The Mike; 03-09-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:09 AM
ToXiC

Na i was just drving down the feeder and on 45 downtown right by my work they have little check points from time to time and i was u turning and he stepped right in front of me and flagged me over.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ToXiC
the technicality thing usually won't work in any good way, may just **** off the judge a bit thinking you are trying to get out of taking responsibility.
if the law says front plate required ,you all should do it, my state does and it's a shame for our cars lines, but it's the law and something too easy to get pulled over for.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 AM
nareg

hire this lawyer if it was in harris county his name is David Sprecher... he got me out of a 108 in a 65 when i got pulled over on Beltway 8 by a constable. he got me out of several other tickets as well like 85 in a 55 and several others... just hire him if it was in harris county and he will take care of you
Old 03-09-2006, 08:43 AM
JapanesePorsche

Shiz-nit, I bought my Z used & it didn't come w/ front plates. Does anyone know where I can get the "japanese style" plates for just the front of my Z?
Old 03-09-2006, 01:13 PM
The Mike

Originally Posted by sean1967
if the law says front plate required ,you all should do it,

...the sheep have spoken

Never I say Never! .. oh well... maybe
Old 03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
chaparro78

Call Wilson Hodge, he is a traffic lawyer and will charge you 50 bucks, the ticket will be dismissed
Old 03-10-2006, 03:27 PM
The Mike

Originally Posted by nareg
hire this lawyer if it was in harris county his name is David Sprecher... he got me out of a 108 in a 65 when i got pulled over on Beltway 8 by a constable. he got me out of several other tickets as well like 85 in a 55 and several others... just hire him if it was in harris county and he will take care of you

How much will this Sprecher guy charge? Did they get you with laser or regular radar? What defense did he use *stategy* that worked? More info if ya can Thanks.

Oh or also more info to the other guys post about a Wilson Hodge... same questions. If i can get out of it w/o using my get out of jail pass *defensive driving*... and it's not overly expensive... I'd like that better.