Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Need help from Houston locals.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:20 PM
negotiator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help from Houston locals.

Hey, I'm Natalie. I'm from Louisiana. Used to live in Houston for about year, but I'm bringing my Z to Houston this weekend looking for a decent tuner shop because we have none in LA. I'm leaving within the next 30 minutes so I don't have time to watch this thread, so if you're from the Houston area and know where a decent tuner shop is, text message the name of it to 337-789-7827 and I'll love you forever. I'll look it up on my laptop. Thanks a bunch!

-Natalie
Old 04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
negotiator

Ok I'm in Houston now, I got a text on my way here. I dunno who it was from but thanks I'll definately check it out in the morning. The cop at the front desk at my hotel couldn't beleive I was into racing. She thinks I'm too small of a girl to handle a car. lol. Thanks again.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:58 PM
pyindeem

If $ isn't an issue, then Try SGP
Old 04-15-2006, 01:14 AM
Z33Benny

if you havent already been to a shop, give me a call.. there are tons of shops i can recommend, depending on what you need. 832-607-0388 -benny

ps. you could always join everyone else at the UofH meet saturday. check here for details. http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=289583
Old 04-15-2006, 08:02 AM
SecretAsianMan

Originally Posted by Z33Benny
if you havent already been to a shop, give me a call.. there are tons of shops i can recommend, depending on what you need. 832-607-0388 -benny

ps. you could always join everyone else at the UofH meet saturday. check here for details. http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=289583
I thought your number was 281 330 8004.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Z33Benny

Just look in your phone fool. O_o
Old 04-15-2006, 04:21 PM
negotiator

Upon recommendation, I went to SGP today. Looked pretty closed. So I extended the reservation at my hotel thru monday so I can go back after Easter. Their parking lot made me a little horny, heh. I was thinking of doing intake and suspension, but my turbo kit will come with intake. So Tien S Techs for sure, maybe the HKS HP Ti catback. (Turbo kit comes with downpipe too.) I dunno what else yet but I'll probably drive home from houston with a considerably faster-than-stock Z. I'll be coming to Houston from now on at least once a month, but probably more. When I lived there, people used to hang out in a parking lot behind a gas station where Westheimer meets Westheimer. They still do that or what? I've seen 1 Z since I got here sat. night... :-( about 4 years ago people used to talk about "Telephone Rd" as being a place i'd be interested in, too. *shrugs* I dunno.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:28 PM
negotiator

Damn, I missed that UofH meet too.... :-\
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
negotiator

Ok, who is responsible for the Lemans Sunset Z with the APC sticker on it? I just passed them near the Galleria on Westheimer. .....APC? *sigh*
Old 04-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Gryphin

you did miss the UH meet, it was big..
Old 04-15-2006, 09:21 PM
lex350

Good luck with your tune.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:08 PM
negotiator

Originally Posted by lex350
Good luck with your tune.

Thanks!

P.S. Gryphin you totally jacked my color match signature! ;-)
Old 04-16-2006, 10:16 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

If you are planning on a turbo install good luck getting it done in less than a week. SGP is busy as hell right now, not sure if they'd even do a suspension and exhaust install in one day, these days. Like I said good luck.

APC???
Old 04-16-2006, 06:57 PM
negotiator

Originally Posted by MethodRN
If you are planning on a turbo install good luck getting it done in less than a week. SGP is busy as hell right now, not sure if they'd even do a suspension and exhaust install in one day, these days. Like I said good luck.

APC???

The turbo install won't be on this trip. I gotta get the kit first. If SGP can't do the suspension, I'll do it myself, no biggie. The intake is in with the turbo kit, which estimates 8-10 hours installation. More of which I can do myself if no one else can do it in a day.

And yes... APC. I saw it with my own two eyes! *dies laughing*
Old 04-16-2006, 07:40 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

8-10hrs for turbo install? SGP takes a week at least w/ tuning. Which do you plan on going w/ if you don't mind me asking? Again good luck and maybe see you around.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:40 PM
negotiator

It's a Turbonetics single turbo kit. Slowboyracing.com describes the installation as an 8-10 hour investment of time. *shrugs*

I'll be at SGP tomorrow around noon if you have time you should stop by. Other than that I'm headed back home tomorrow afternoon. I'll be back next weekend and I have yours and a few others' phone numbers stored in my cellphone in a "Texas Racers" list so I'll just broadcast a text message to you guys whenever I'm in town ;-)
Old 04-16-2006, 10:00 PM
SecretAsianMan

Why do they call you the negotiator?
Old 04-16-2006, 10:12 PM
negotiator

Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Why do they call you the negotiator?
Well at first, it was my assignment in some ****ty racing team that my ex boyfriend thought that he had what it took to start up. I have Peter Pan syndrom, i.e. I tend to think I'm invincible and I fear no one. So I was assigned to be the person who settled arguments, held the bank (while I wasn't racing), and had the final word. I was the one who dealt with the stupid street racers who try to kill people when they lose type of thing. But I'm also a bit of a James Bond type of girl. I love my gadgets and technology. I have the radar jammer, the police scanner, the navigation, the walkie talkies. I have backup ECU maps on my USB flash drive that plugs right in to most laptops hooked up to an EMS. So I tend to keep teammates out of trouble,with the law and with their own stupidity sometimes. But that team fell through, so now I have my own. It's extremely young and doens't even have a name yet because I'm picky. It's the most organized thing I've ever dreamed of. It's my baby. It's what I do. And I'm still the Negotiator.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
negotiator

So yesterday, we went over to Galveston for a few hours. My family used to always go there on weekend trips and it's always been a favorite of mine. On our way out, we stopped to buy some chips to feed the seagulls on the ferry(<3) and I warned Lucas to duck a little when they fly over head because they aren't too shy to s**t on you. So we finally got to Galveston, drove up to the seawall and went around to catch the ferry coming out of Galveston, then we'd turn around and take it back in. Halfway through my seagull food supply, Lucas starts freaking out and says... "What's THIS?!?!" I said... "YOU GOT POOOED ON!!! LOLOLOL!" So I scraped the poo off with a chip and fed it back to the birds. It was fun. I love Texas.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:44 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by negotiator
So yesterday, we went over to Galveston for a few hours. My family used to always go there on weekend trips and it's always been a favorite of mine. On our way out, we stopped to buy some chips to feed the seagulls on the ferry(<3) and I warned Lucas to duck a little when they fly over head because they aren't too shy to s**t on you. So we finally got to Galveston, drove up to the seawall and went around to catch the ferry coming out of Galveston, then we'd turn around and take it back in. Halfway through my seagull food supply, Lucas starts freaking out and says... "What's THIS?!?!" I said... "YOU GOT POOOED ON!!! LOLOLOL!" So I scraped the poo off with a chip and fed it back to the birds. It was fun. I love Texas.
Yup, you gotta watch out for them seagulls. Sounds like you were right down the street from my house this weekend. I live closer to Beltway 8 and Westhiemer. So why did you move to LA or is that where you're originally from?

Quick Reply: Need help from Houston locals.