Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Dallas Meet Finalized.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 06:50 AM
ScoopthePoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Track
We need ideas pho show. Z_Freak (the thread starter for this meeting) found out that he can't really stay too long at all now. So one of us needs to step up to the plate. Who is familiar with Grapevine? I figured if we just parked near a bunch of restuarants (like in the middle of an open parking lot) we could just duck inside when we're hungry/hot w/o having to drive anywhere or lose anyone.
I used to live right by grapevine mills mall, the problem with that area is that you have the mall and then a bunch of places all littering the surrounding area. As I said in my first posting I can't think of any other good places to go that won't get upset with 30+ cars taking parking spaces. Bass Pro was the only real option. There are a bunch of restaurants within a mile of the place, but parking isn't at a premium at them. As far as best option right there, there is a Colters BBQ in the same lot as the Embassy Suites and we could park close to that and then if someone says anything we could make our way into Colters. I still think that the Bass Pro car show idea might work. If we park at Bass Pro and group ourselves away from the actual Bass Pro show then I think we will be ok since we can use the excuse that we are there for the car show but we are a group that is meeting up to walk to the show.

Going to the meet and driving around only to not be able to find anyone isn't that big a deal to me since I am only a few minutes away, but the people driving 30+ minutes should have options.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:34 AM
RBALDINELLII

If I drive all the way from Tyler again to find nobody at this meet, I'm going to be pissed. If you guys have any second thoughts about this meet, let us know today.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stay with the original meet place then work from there, I will be there for about 30-45 minutes and if you need options I have plenty.......what time will you be there scoop ??
Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 AM
Llare

Originally Posted by RobNLora
Hey, my wife is into girls just as much as I am. She is actually the one who drives the Z.

LOL wow that is a good example of too much information
Old 06-02-2006, 07:36 AM
ScoopthePoop

I was thinking of hitting it right around 2, but not 100% sure on that one as I will be playing golf that morning.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Z_freak

Originally Posted by ScoopthePoop
I was thinking of hitting it right around 2, but not 100% sure on that one as I will be playing golf that morning.

1st of all we need to hook up for a round one weekend......

2nd I will be there about 1:45 to scope the best area in the parking lot and will stay until about 3.....

I am so pissed about this, i dj weddings and when I scheduled this meet I completely forgot about this one and it's in Palestine f-ing 2 hours away....okay I am done venting.....there will be another meet fo sho.....

Last edited by Z_freak; 06-02-2006 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:46 AM
Z_freak

Originally Posted by RBALDINELLII
If I drive all the way from Tyler again to find nobody at this meet, I'm going to be pissed. If you guys have any second thoughts about this meet, let us know today.

meet is still on, nothing is cancelled or changed.....do not start that rumor....
Old 06-02-2006, 07:59 AM
ScoopthePoop

Z_freak, this weekend is tough for me, normally I would be gung ho about getting there early and staying the entire time but I have a crapload of family in town this weekend (My future wife's bridal shower is Sat) so at the show it will be me and my dad (he is a car nut too) but we can't stay too late and we can't get there early.

I'll do everything I can to help you find alternate locations as I live very close and I used to live less then a mile from Bass Pro so I know the area very well. But sadly I can't do much more than that. I think that if we set 2 defined alternate options if we get kicked that will work out best. I just know that most of the ZOS crew will be driving a decent distance to make it here and I don't want them hosed like the willow bend meet.

My suggestion.

Start at Embassy Suites, you might be able to convince any security that you are there for the car show and get them to leave you alone (Bass Pro and the Embassy are pretty much partners in the parking lot).

If the Embassy suite thing dies, then move to a decently large area in the Bass Pro parking lot (east and south side lots are big). With the car show going on I doubt that the security guards will be running off any car people, and the parking lot is plenty big for an extra 30+ cars even with the car show.

If all of this fails, pick a good restaurant within a decent distance, I say "Love and War in Texas" and go there. Love and War is a steak house that is pretty good, the place is in the grapevine mills parking lot so there is plenty of parking and if the mills security trys to run anyone off, then just go inside and get a beer.

What does everyone think??
Old 06-02-2006, 08:14 AM
RBALDINELLII

Originally Posted by Z_freak
meet is still on, nothing is cancelled or changed.....do not start that rumor....
Nobody is starting a rumor. Some of us are coming a lot further away than say, I don't know, Dallas. Like thats real far. You started this whole thing up, so pick a place where it can actually happen. I don't have any problems about making a drive, unlike some. But I don't want to waste my time coming up there to find everyone has been run off again. That's retarded!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Llare

OMG this meet is turning soooo Honda!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:19 AM
RobNLora

Originally Posted by Llare
LOL wow that is a good example of too much information
Didn't realize that was going to bother any of you.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
NISMOFO

I'm all about Bass Pro being our backup location. I have no idea why they would kick us out as "spectators" to their show when attention is what they want. We'd just be parking there as spectators just like everyone else that is not actually showing.

+1 vote for Bass Pro as backup location #1
Old 06-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Llare

Originally Posted by RobNLora
Didn't realize that was going to bother any of you.
Well Rob I am sure the other Dallas Swingers on the site are not offended LOL
Old 06-02-2006, 08:33 AM
RobNLora

Originally Posted by Llare
Well Rob I am sure the other Dallas Swingers on the site are not offended LOL
I don't recall saying I am a swinger. I just said that my wife is into chicks.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

damn it I am missing another meet.

RBALDINELLII, how long have you lived in tyler?
Old 06-02-2006, 08:35 AM
RobNLora

I am going to miss it too. My wife works later than anticipated this weekend.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:46 AM
RBALDINELLII

Originally Posted by Ahsmo
damn it I am missing another meet.

RBALDINELLII, how long have you lived in tyler?
I've lived here about 13 years now. I actually live in Flint, just south of Tyler. Did you buy Joe's brakes?
Old 06-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Z_freak

Originally Posted by RBALDINELLII
Nobody is starting a rumor. Some of us are coming a lot further away than say, I don't know, Dallas. Like thats real far. You started this whole thing up, so pick a place where it can actually happen. I don't have any problems about making a drive, unlike some. But I don't want to waste my time coming up there to find everyone has been run off again. That's retarded!

kool, I just don't want everybody freaking out and I did not mean to insinuate anything, sorry if I did.....I completely understand you are driving in and there are people coming from Houston that I why I said keep the meet as is and then go from there....I am not going to guarantee anything but with all the activity going on out there with other car shows, it is not going to matter that there are 30 Z's around.....thats just to much for any rent a cop to police.....

robert,

Stick with embassy suites and everything is fine, it's to close to make any changes, nobody will mess with us.....

Everybody take a deep breath, be there on Saturday and everything will be kool....
Old 06-02-2006, 09:33 AM
NISMOFO

Guys, I just talked to Z_Freak over the phone. Nothing has changed at all. Embassy Suites is still our location.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
desibhar

Originally Posted by 350Track
Guys, I just talked to Z_Freak over the phone. Nothing has changed at all. Embassy Suites is still our location.
If I get there early and we get run off, I'll wait for other ZOS members and direct anyone else... Don't worry, I'll catch up!

Quick Reply: Dallas Meet Finalized.....