Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Houston Meet: Need volunteers and signups

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 08:35 AM
davidf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You pick the day, I can come anytime.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:17 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest that everyone bring at least a couple bottles of water, sunscreen and maybe some large umbrellas for the ladies (we ARE going to have some ladies there, right???) to walk around with to shade them. Anyone with a conapy should try to bring it; we can set them all up together to make one big shaded area to hang out under in between checking out each other's rides and taking pics and such.

So is this meet considered an "oficially sanctioned" My350Z.com meet? If so, or even if not, it'd be cool to try to get some vendors to show up and show/peddle their wares and such (maybe something to add to future meets if this takes off).

Also, what's the plan for the meet? I know the hours are still under review, but there was originally a large time block set up for this; what is everyone going to do in that time? In my experience, people only care to mill around, chat and take pics for so long, especially in the heat, so there should at least be some sort of tentative schedule of events, including when and where to migrate to eat. Be cool to have food vendors on site (maybe something for future consideration). IMO, it's be better to keep the meet restricted to a shorter 4 hour or so time period, so everyone is there at the same time, as opposed to a long meet where some people show up early and them leave before others come along at a later time.

It's good that someone from the Z club of Houston is on board. Hopefully the word is being spread to them and perhaps we can coordinate with them for future meets and make these things really big events.

We need to get a running list going somewhere of everyone that's planning on coming, but the particulars of the meet rerally need to be nailed down first, so people know what they are planning around.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:38 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

I agree and apologize a bit as well as this is the first meet I've planned.

- To setup vendors and stuff would require licensing from the local park commission, I don't have that at this time due to arrangement was that no selling of wares/items/cars was going on.

- There is a park, skate park, beach, and dock for people to mill and take pictures, I'll have more info on things around the area.

- There is normally a gathering of cars at the Target Parking lot (all cars not just Z's) near the area, we could muster down near there for dinner and then check out things afterwards if people are not too tired.

- ZCOH is involved and I'm working with them to get more people to show up and how we can coordinate events in Houston again for the future. I know Dave and I are at least bringing one canopy each.

- Officially sanctioned, well I could get the banner from Kyle but I think this meet is a good start, I'm probably going to have some stuff to handout as well.

- I should have pictures, maps, and times posted by the end of saturday. I have a ton of things on my list and hopefully will have everything finalized, sorry I'm just super busy and this is growing pretty large which is exciting and making me nervous at the same time. I want to make sure everyone has a great time and comes prepared.

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
I suggest that everyone bring at least a couple bottles of water, sunscreen and maybe some large umbrellas for the ladies (we ARE going to have some ladies there, right???) to walk around with to shade them. Anyone with a conapy should try to bring it; we can set them all up together to make one big shaded area to hang out under in between checking out each other's rides and taking pics and such.

So is this meet considered an "oficially sanctioned" My350Z.com meet? If so, or even if not, it'd be cool to try to get some vendors to show up and show/peddle their wares and such (maybe something to add to future meets if this takes off).

Also, what's the plan for the meet? I know the hours are still under review, but there was originally a large time block set up for this; what is everyone going to do in that time? In my experience, people only care to mill around, chat and take pics for so long, especially in the heat, so there should at least be some sort of tentative schedule of events, including when and where to migrate to eat. Be cool to have food vendors on site (maybe something for future consideration). IMO, it's be better to keep the meet restricted to a shorter 4 hour or so time period, so everyone is there at the same time, as opposed to a long meet where some people show up early and them leave before others come along at a later time.

It's good that someone from the Z club of Houston is on board. Hopefully the word is being spread to them and perhaps we can coordinate with them for future meets and make these things really big events.

We need to get a running list going somewhere of everyone that's planning on coming, but the particulars of the meet rerally need to be nailed down first, so people know what they are planning around.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:08 AM
zcardave

Sorry to say it guys,
but I think you're over-complicating this thing.
Keep it simple...especially if you get the kind of turn-out that we're possibly looking at.

As Silvr pointed out...no vendors (the parks rules, not ours).
This is a public park, so we will be sharing it with the general public.
John is going to get there a little early and stake out a spot.
As you arrive, park where you see the other Z's. We can't keep others from parking around us, so we'll just have to do the best we can. We'll also need to keep an eye on each others cars (kids on bicycles are the worst).

The Target Parking Lot is a late evening event, and it's down the road a ways. I go to it from time-to-time and it's mostly street rods, but we can do that if we choose.

I propose a different event...kind of strange, but cool just the same.
How about if we leave the park en masse, whenever Silvr says it's over (after all, he is in charge) and we cruise the 610 Loop?
Sounds kind of weird, but...we did this last year and it turned out pretty cool.
Think about it...there are no red lights...there are no turns to make...it's hard to get lost or seperated. We can leave the Park and go back on 225 and get on the 610 Loop and head North. People can drop off to the North and West as they get to their exit. and finally loop around to the South (where I and several others) will get off.
THIS IS NOT A RACE !!! We will be attracting enough attention (imagine 40+ Z's all in a row) without showing off...and we DEFINATELY don't want to get the HPD involved !!!
This would be a night-time event (much cooler) and could be the end to a really nice event.
Just an idea....John?...it's your call. I'll be glad to head it up if you would like. Just let me know.

As far as activities...
as you've probably noticed, people are planning on coming before going to work, or coming after work, etc...in other words, Z's will be coming and going all day long, so it should never get boring...besides...we'll probably all be hanging pretty close to the tents

The Z Club is planning on bringing some some raffle prizes (nothing big like a Nismo Exhaust System Maybe just some T-shirts and caps) and hopefully everyone will go home after having a wonderful day.

The only worries we should have is the weather...NO RAIN (although overcast might be nice)

A couple of last issues that John and I have talked about....PLEASE...no loud stereos No alcoholic beverages and no "burning out" when you leave the park (or while in the park).
Again...we don't want to get the police involved !
Looking forward to seeing everyone there, because it's happenin' !!!
zcardave

Last edited by zcardave; 06-30-2006 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:18 AM
TruBluZ

What about loud cars?

Sorry David....just had to.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:10 PM
davidf

That also sounds good, but we also need to remember that this a "1st time event" so things may not go perfect as we plan but we should still have fun. I missed the FF3 meet due to bad weather down here, but I heard it turned out really well. We should pick an restraunt for a meet and eat, with a nice parking lot. Right now I'm up for any changes ya'll need to make. Hopefully this will turn into a monthly event and will increase by word of mouth, ultimately caravaning to Dallas to one of their meets. That should put it upwards to 50 plus Z's at one meet.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:29 PM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

For right now we are sticking with the times that I have orginally posted, after discussion changing it and people showing up going wtf..

Hopefully everyone will show up and we'll have a great time.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
creed

Places to eat in that area are usually smaller places loaded up on Saturday with Hogs <grin>, but the Boardwalk is fairly close. The idea of cursing around the loop swould really be awesome as this is my 1st event, and newbie to the Z world. Can't wait to meet and see all of you and your Z's

John L. Creed
Old 06-30-2006, 02:01 PM
davidf

It's gonna work out fine!
Old 06-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Travisf@i-a-v.c

I have it on good authority from Jeffrey and Ashlee that the Houston ZClub is providing the opium.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:12 PM
zcardave

Tru-Blue....am I gonna have to come up there and slap you around a little ?
I got your loud car
Can't wait to see the latest upgrades !

The Z Club is providing the Opium?...Dammit...did Jeff and Ashlee find our secret stash ? I just hate when that happens.

Great attitude and great responses from everybody...let's keep chatting it up and make sure that everybody knows they're invited.
What about the G35's? Anybody posted with them?

Any more opinions about the 610 Loop Cruise? I'm flexible, so let us know what you think...you won't hurt my feelings.

Anybody got any suggestions for places to eat?
Kemah Boardwalk?...count me out. Can't handle the crowds and the lack-0-parking. Sorry.

Again...just a suggestion...
How about we go to Doneraki's on the 610 Loop South at the Gulfgate Shopping Area. They're big enough to handle a crowd. Have a HUGE and well-lit parking lot, and the foods not too bad.
zcardave
ps.- Creed, don't know why we should limit our cursing to the 610 Loop? I curse almost every time I come to Houston...no matter which route I'm on
Old 07-01-2006, 10:37 AM
creed

Originally Posted by zcardave

ps.- Creed, don't know why we should limit our cursing to the 610 Loop? I curse almost every time I come to Houston...no matter which route I'm on
Any route sounds good to me, how bout a run to Galveston, right on 61st street to the seawall and down to Broadway and back north to home...
Old 07-01-2006, 01:08 PM
SRH_G35

Originally Posted by creed
Any route sounds good to me, how bout a run to Galveston, right on 61st street to the seawall and down to Broadway and back north to home...
Its called taking another run to The Mosquito.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:05 AM
SLoG35

haha....that would make it easy for me
Old 07-04-2006, 07:53 PM
zcardave

Slo...
I was born in Galveston. Live in Santa Fe now.

I think you're gonna have to drive like the rest of us !
zcardave
Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 AM
davidf

Ya know with all the rain last week and this week it should be a nice weekend the 15th hopefully.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:33 AM
MustGoFastR

Yeah, I sure hope the weather clears up by then...
Old 07-05-2006, 12:22 PM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

no kidding, we are getting some serious rain on the SE side for the last 2-3 days.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM
batmanesaul

Oh man i cant wait, this will be my 1st meet ever.. do i need to bring stuff like drinks, i dont have any type of shade but i can bring some drinks. idk someone please keep me informed, im not usually on the internet much maybe once a week or so
Old 07-05-2006, 02:56 PM
davidf

I'm sure there will be furthur discussion on this later this week or early next week, so check back.

Quick Reply: Houston Meet: Need volunteers and signups