Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Ticket For No Front Plate

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Ianmtx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket For No Front Plate

I admit, it was probably pretty stupid of me rolling right behind 3 cop cars. Next time I'll just avoid them. So I'm behind them for about half a mile or so and the one in the back of the "pack" was in the lane to the right of me, he like slams on his brakes and I'm like, "oh great here we go." He gets behind me, and puts on his lights. I pull over, totally cool with him, give him my license and ins, never complaining. He writes me a ticket for no front plate. Seriously, you don't have anything better to do? I pass by cops all the time and they don't care. I'm not driving like a maniac or anything. I was going 28mph in a 30. You think he did it just because he was jealous or bored or what? There's so many people that don't have front plates on cars around here. It's only like an $80 ticket so I don't really care but it's still stupid. Had no plate for almost a year with no tickets until today.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:22 PM
CervanteZ

The nerve of these pigs, to enforce the law. Bastards.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Elohite

$80 ****.

Even cali its only $10 with correction
Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 PM
NS_350GT

Ive always heard they cant pull you over for no plate. They have to pull you over for something else then give you the no plate ticket. Might be able to fight it since he pulled you over just for that. Good Luck
Old 07-27-2007, 06:35 PM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CervanteZ
they truely are bastards. they need to target uninsured motorists, nonroadworthy cars(ex: plastic bag windows, broken tails),uncovered/secured cargo trucks(ex graveltrucks) or patrol neighborhoods for breakins instead of ltraveling in herds while looking for the next krispy kreme and pulling over no front plate drivers on the way.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Jenna03Z

i got pulled over today on my way to Dallas for no front plate. I just got a warning though. I think it's silly and only proves that cops have nothing better to do with their time.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 PM
splby

Originally Posted by Jenna03Z
i got pulled over today on my way to Dallas for no front plate. I just got a warning though. I think it's silly and only proves that cops have nothing better to do with their time.
did you flip your hair and wink your lashes?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:18 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

I've gotten pulled over many times with no front plates by local and state trooper. Non of them even blinked at the front. If they did I would have told the cop look man there are several cars on the road that dont have them. Many new cars dont even provide you with a spot to mount a front plate. Just about every BMW, Mercedes, and expensive car in my neighborhood are plateless in the front. At the end it looks as if you experienced a case of bad luck with a dick cop who had nothing better to do or is a few short of his monthly quota.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Jenna03Z

Originally Posted by splby
did you flip your hair and wink your lashes?
no it wouldn't have worked on this guy
Old 07-27-2007, 07:45 PM
splby

why not? real ***** eh?
Old 07-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Jenna03Z

no.. just serious
Old 07-27-2007, 08:03 PM
G Thizzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i thought it was a second offense not to have a front plate... them fricken pigoramas!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Ianmtx

Originally Posted by NS_350GT
Ive always heard they cant pull you over for no plate. They have to pull you over for something else then give you the no plate ticket. Might be able to fight it since he pulled you over just for that. Good Luck
I seriously doubt that, I'm sure they can pull you over for just about anything that's wrong with your car.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Ianmtx

Originally Posted by CervanteZ
No need to be a jackass. I would hardly say I was endangering myself or anyone else.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:44 PM
zsport1

Don't think the eyelash thing would have worked. Next time lift your skirt up and show some leg.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:59 PM
CR8Z1

No front plate is their "probable" cause...... they will use it to stop you and check for anything else they want. Been pulled over and warned 4 times; they would luv to find you under the influence or other ---- Had one trooper on 45 south of Dallas cross the median in pursuit for only the front plate and still only gave a warning. They can and will write the ticket any time they want and in the windshield I was told by one they can give you a ticket for obstructed view of a front plate. The original statue makes it seem visible in the front window would be legal but I was shown a sub statue that states at the forward most point of the car. I think this issue is going to get worse before it gets better.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:05 PM
TONY2

He must have been gay .
Old 07-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Jenna03Z

Originally Posted by CR8Z1
No front plate is their "probable" cause...... they will use it to stop you and check for anything else they want. Been pulled over and warned 4 times; they would luv to find you under the influence or other ---- Had one trooper on 45 south of Dallas cross the median in pursuit for only the front plate and still only gave a warning. They can and will write the ticket any time they want and in the windshield I was told by one they can give you a ticket for obstructed view of a front plate. The original statue makes it seem visible in the front window would be legal but I was shown a sub statue that states at the forward most point of the car. I think this issue is going to get worse before it gets better.
yeah he seemed disappointed when he ran the plates and found nothing. and i have mine in the windshield and he told me that "is not the front of the car!"

it just looks so ugly with it
Old 07-28-2007, 06:25 AM
zYouLater

I got a ticket for the same thing. I now have a "quick change plate" I made a few and sold them to guys in our Z club. My front plate can now pop on or in less than .30 seconds. I put it on, found a cop to sign off on my fix it ticket, drove around the block and off it came. My home built device works great.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:33 AM
fast kiwi

He was a noob for sure.. as they say where i come from.. ******!!!! lol

Quick Reply: Ticket For No Front Plate