Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Custom Door Handles

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 AM
LegionnaireZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NextLevel
You need to post atleast a drawing, you posted this over a month, talking about pre-orders and want to see what kind of market you may have..

Show a drawing if you dont have any pics.
I would but 1) I can't draw
and 2) if I drew it it would look essentially like the stock one... Only difference would be the the color from the outside... The other features cannot
be seen by drawings only by first hand experience
Old 10-09-2007, 06:11 PM
cubu

update?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:49 AM
LegionnaireZ

update...
as of right now weare taking pictures today so we can get a simulated image to you guys,
other news we are working on details of our final modeling process... Make the small changes to get it how we want it.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 AM
LegionnaireZ

ok here is the first SIMULATED IMAGE:

This model is not the final one for the prototype handle, this is what they will look like being full gunmetal. The prototypes will have the "razored" edge that has the forward edges sanded and polished silver for contrast.

as you could imagine the other bsic colors will look just as brilliant.
you can expect the black to be a dark glossy black witht the added benefits of anodizing... scratch resistant, resistant against fade.

Also i should mention that these are SEALED, not clear coated, so the color is embeded into the metal, as opposed to just sitting on top. let me know what you think
Old 10-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Conceyted

umm what kind of simulated image is that? i could do that in 3 seconds on photoshop.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:18 PM
ZMotegi53

So are you doing this anytime soon? Nice image though, looks as desribed, like that it is sealed, gl
Old 10-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good, nice idea.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:49 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by Conceyted
umm what kind of simulated image is that? i could do that in 3 seconds on photoshop.
Well i am happy for you and your photoshop skills
a couple of other people wanted a picture so there it is... Like i said the will fit and look very much similar to the stock ones however the 3dots are missing and we are thinking we need to do something else to avoid copyright issues...
Any suggestions?
remember we are working with aluminum here so our options are nearly limitless... But we want to keep it semi universal
Old 10-13-2007, 04:51 PM
LegionnaireZ

but could you guys see these on your car especially if you have a lot of carbon fiber parts... And the contrast against your paint?
Old 10-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
Any suggestions?
Maybe a one piece design. Where the entire part lifts? i.e. one big lever instead of a smaller lever with stationary parts above and below it.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Maybe a one piece design. Where the entire part lifts? i.e. one big lever instead of a smaller lever with stationary parts above and below it.
Kinda difficult. the part above and below the handle are what i have come to refer as the "base" it is the part that attatches to the door and contains a couple mechanisms to trigger the lever inside the door.

It's possible to minimalize the base so that the handle is more prominant... i'll ask...

but eliminating the base all together is not feasible...

i think it would be pretty wierd to have them open backwards... lol

although it wouldn't facilitate the actual pulling of the door like the factory one does...
Old 10-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Incorporate the base "inside" the door. So all that's visible is the handle. Have the base flush with the door.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Iv had the handles off many times. Other than sharpening the edges and eliminating the dimples (Which I have done) and using a better Material, there just isnt a whole lot that can be changed due to attachment and actuation design. Possibly, a more rounded pull handle, but there would be flames from people.

Anodizing, the potential of Powder Coat, Chroming (Heavan Forbid) Though Black Chrome would work in some cases, is a Plus.

Would those Pluses warrent costs in R@D, Manufacture, Supply and Demand ??? Im not sure
Old 10-13-2007, 09:03 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by Eazzzzzzy
Iv had the handles off many times. Other than sharpening the edges and eliminating the dimples (Which I have done) and using a better Material, there just isnt a whole lot that can be changed due to attachment and actuation design. Possibly, a more rounded pull handle, but there would be flames from people.

Anodizing, the potential of Powder Coat, Chroming (Heavan Forbid) Though Black Chrome would work in some cases, is a Plus.

Would those Pluses warrent costs in R@D, Manufacture, Supply and Demand ??? Im not sure
well i don't know either? that's why i'm doing it... it's a business venture...

i would hope that i don't end up losing a bunch of money in this but we will see... i personally think it's a good product, something you notice everyday that you drive your car, everytime you interact with your door...

having that quality there (especially if you have your car setup for show... these would really set another Z apart)
Old 10-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Anyone have a schematic of the handle/latch assembly?
Old 10-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Anyone have a schematic of the handle/latch assembly?
I dont believe there is an exploded view in Nissan documentation cept in Nissans Assembly Archives.

They come off with 2 bolts and a couple clips---Have a retainer "tit" on the bottom. Other than the lock assembly on the drivers side, cant be disassembled with out removing "staked" pins.

The assy is pulled tite and flush via the 2 bolts that are threaded into the base. Time consuming to prep and paint properly
Old 10-13-2007, 09:55 PM
LegionnaireZ

yeah I had to buy and completely disassemble both the driver and passenger side door handle to get these things modeled...

I have no idea where to get them either... my partner found them ordered directly from Nissan (not from the dealer) they came in a sealed envelope with bubble wrap all over it...

and yes you do have to shave off the pins to get the hardware and springs off of it... kind of a pain in the a$$...

actually taking the thing apart is not that hard just if you try to do it without destroying it... it's going to take you a minute....

i think the second time i did it, it took me like 30 minutes...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:50 AM
aznbadboi96
Banned

It sounds great. I wan one of these. PM me wen u have the final product. gr8 work man
Old 10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
LegionnaireZ

thanks... As of right now we have to modeling complete and we are in the process of beginning manufacturing...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
doctorshumes

Interested in gloss black only. LED's a plus but not required. Spent time sanding, priming, painting, and clear coating my door handles. Lasted 3-4 months before the drivers side had some spots around the edges. You can still scratch the paint off if you try. You would have to put one hell of a thick layer of clear coat and buff smooth.

Quick Reply: Custom Door Handles