Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Late Xmas gift from Dallas County!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Onibaku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Late Xmas gift from Dallas County!!

So last night I'm going Eastbound on I-20, and I get the laser from 1200 ft. away going 82 mph. in a 65 from a Dallas sheriff.... how lame is that?

Of course I'll man up and pay the fines, but I have a couple quick questions...

I've already completed a defensive driving course this year to dismiss another ticket (80 in a 65 in GP). So my record is still clean prior to last night, but the driving course option is out, is there any other way to keep this off my record?

Also, would a radar/laser detector even have helped in that instance? He was behind some trees up a hill.

Thanks guys and have a Happy New Years!!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:37 AM
DuMa350z

if u had a radar and he got you with a radar that maybe would have saved you but since he got you with a laser i dont think theres a radar detector out there that will catch lasers. once your detector catches the laser it would be all over.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:20 AM
ZSpectrum

Get jammers. Not diffusers. Jammers.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 PM
MrWatchDawg

there are some jammers that tell you that you are being lasered, and you can turn it off so the cop wwont know

-Mo
Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Onibaku

Are jammers even legal in TX? lol

So no escaping that one though huh? How about this can I fight the accuracy of the Laser gun since it was night time?

And no one has had another ticket after doing defensive driving the same year?
Old 12-30-2007, 01:52 PM
SA Z-boi

Fight it and show up in court. I learned that the officer has to show up in court on his day off, that is why most tickets are dismissed because they dont show up.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:01 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Radar detectors do just that, they only detect. It's still up to you to be able to use that to your advantage. If you're by yourself or the lead car in front of a pack of cars, the radar detector probably still wont help. With laser, since it's being only pointed at you when your radar detector senses it, if you're speeding, you're pretty much SOL. It being night time does not affect accuracy of radar, sorry.

Most high end radar detectors (Passport or Valentine One) have them for sure and probably all radar detectors have a laser component.

I use a Valentine One mounted real high so it picks up radar signals pretty quickly. It's considered one of, if not the best radar detector out there. However, I still use "tactics" like slowing down as I come over the crest of hills, or around corners. Also, being more aware of your speed around holidays and at the end of a month when more cops seem to be around helps alot. Don't let a radar detector give you a sense of security, always use your intuition.

As for getting out of the ticket, you can go to court and ask for deffered adjudification aka probation. It'll keep your record clean unless you get another ticket within the defined time the judge sets.

Last edited by MethodRN; 12-30-2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Onibaku

So what I'm getting is... deferred adjudication and the Drivers Ed. course are two separate ways to get out of a ticket?

Hmm... interesting.... I really hope so. Thanks for the feedback so far guys!
Old 12-30-2007, 03:53 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Yes they are. Again deffered is like probation. If you get another ticket within the time frame the judge sets, then you're SOL and have to pay for both tickets (the one you got deffered and the one during the probation). When I did differed I think the judge gave me 3months. After the probation period ends with no other tickets then the ticket is dismissed. I didn't even have to go back to court, they just do a check on my record. I'm not sure on costs for doing deffered.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Onibaku

Hmmm... I see..

I got a little bit confused it seems. You see, when I got my 1st speeding ticket in Grand Prairie, I was REQUIRED to take the course because I was under 24(21). But in grand prairie it was called differed disposition hence the confusion.

But to clearest way to get an answer is to go to court tomorrow and request deferred adjudication, and state to them that I've taken a drivers course 4 months ago.

It's kinda ironic though that I'm getting my plenum spacer installed right before heading to court....heheh
Old 12-30-2007, 05:27 PM
SA Z-boi

Well you can always give it to me You know so I can break it in for you while your on probation.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:54 PM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by Onibaku
Hmmm... I see..

I got a little bit confused it seems. You see, when I got my 1st speeding ticket in Grand Prairie, I was REQUIRED to take the course because I was under 24(21). But in grand prairie it was called differed disposition hence the confusion.

But to clearest way to get an answer is to go to court tomorrow and request deferred adjudication, and state to them that I've taken a drivers course 4 months ago.

It's kinda ironic though that I'm getting my plenum spacer installed right before heading to court....heheh
i'll tell you the easiest way... but not the cheapest... hire a dang attorney!!!

you can check into "Tim Rusk" or "James Mallory"... they will always search for the way to get it off your record for you... no need to scratch your head wondering what you can do...

their fees are 35 bucks to hire for a speeding ticket... more if a DUI or something... but i wouldn't know... also more if you have multiple infractions on one ticket... and that kinda sucks but having them on your side helps...

for that cheap i think it's the easiest option, all you have to do is call them and give them the citation number everything else is taken care of by mail on your end... so it's no lean on your daily routine...

damn i sound like a salesman huh? lol... unless your just comfortable messing with those dudes at the court house i'd just get them to do it...

hope this helps

*edit*

also... i forgot to mention... i have multiple infractions on one citation before and i think it was James Mallory that got them consolidated and reduced... one speeding for about $200 and no front license plate was $75 i think... he sent me a letter explaining that he got the court to agree to $190 for all the offences and we were clear... so for me it's a pretty easy choice...

Last edited by LegionnaireZ; 12-30-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Z_Youlater

There are couple of things you need to know that might be able to help you out. It has been tested and have worked over times in court for my speeding and other tickets.

1. Choose a court time that's early as possible (No one wants to wake up that early - Lead to reason 2)
2. There are two options to be trial by (Either by a Judge or Jury - If you choose a judge, well...you deserve a damn ticket for sure - This will lead to reason 3 that will make sense)
3. NO JURIES want to wake up that early, ESPECIALLY for JURY Duty, we all knows that.

So, to conclude everything, Pick the earliest time of the day possible for court. Do Trial by Jury. Ticket will be dismissed!!!...Tah Dahhhh...

When's your court date?

-Tu-
Old 01-06-2008, 04:30 PM
robertsowka

dont you get a chance for like 3 months probation and if you dont get a ticket it doesnt go on your record? i just moved to texas from good ol' north dakota so im still gettin used to the rules and reg.s down here...