Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Toyota of Lewisville - no good!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 07:27 PM
moog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Toyota of Lewisville - no good!

So this morning I went to Toyota of Lewisville in hopes of buying a second car. I was looking at a 06+ Toyota RAV4. I was ready to purchase, had financing preapproved from my bank, had my research done of market value, etc.

Got to the dealership and was not impressed w/ the staff at all. The receptionist was slouching and seemed disinterested in helping. After paging one of the internet salesman, he came and seemed like he didn't want to be there. Said he had just woke up and seemed late for work. I took the car for a test drive and he could barely hold a conversation and his cologne reeked of overapplication.

We got back to the dealership and the negotation began. Car was listed at $21,900. I lowballed with an opening offer of $18,500, and backed that price up with print outs from ebay. Several vehicles matching the same description were sold for that price or less, so I felt justified in making that offer. Of course he disagreed and took it back to his manager. He came back w/ print outs stating that the car is actually worth more, bla bla bla...the negotiation went on a couple more times w/ him going back/forth. I had predecided that my max price to pay was $20k, so I gave him a "I'll be comfortable today with $19,800 and not any more." Each time he walked off, I would get up as well to go browse around.

His sales manager finally came back and right off the bat was in my face, very aggressive, telling me my pricing is way off, Edmunds way undervalues cars, asks me why I didn't buy the cars from eBay like I had printed out, tells me he is only making $100 off the price they have it listed at, etc. So basically I tell him, this is what I'm willing to pay, I'm in no rush to purchase, so when I find one for the price I want then that's who gets my money. He scoffs at me, so I said if you're not willing to talk this out I have no further need to be here. So I walked...

I understood the whole negotiation/sales tactics, but if the guy was just a bit nicer and less aggressive I would have bought the car today from them. So the search continues...

I then went to Toyota of Plano, and everyone there was super friendly and very professional. Even though they didn't have the car I wanted, their sales staff was very nice.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:41 PM
DracoLancet04Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dealerships = a bunch of **** heads whose only goal in life is to screw others out of their money because they feel the world owes them something
Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 AM
singh

If the manager acted like that in front of me I would have taken my pants off and sh!tted on the hood of his car.

Dealerships are a bunch of jackasses.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:35 AM
bizcotch

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
If the manager acted like that in front of me I would have taken my pants off and sh!tted on the hood of his car.

Dealerships are a bunch of jackasses.
+1 the sales people are baits. Its the Team Managers that are the biggest Di*K heads ever. I hate dealerships
Old 02-24-2008, 08:44 AM
CervanteZ

I think they get paid to be douchebags. Because they're really good at it.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:20 PM
boogy886

I had the same type of run-in with a toyota dealership in Cali...odd...
Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
LegionnaireZ

yeah that's one job i could never do... they mark cars up so much and then try to justify the cost to you... its ridiculous...

but it did sound like you deadlocked way too soon... but from what i could tell the guy you were dealing with was way too unorganized anyway...

the dealer tactic is they remove the salesman from authority, making it easier to turn down your offers... by simply saying ok... lemme check... and come back with a no...

i've had them do this to me so many times... the easiest thing is to ask for the person that can make the deal, and if they refuse... walk... all they are doing is removing authority... so try to find someone that IS in charge and can really negotiate with you...

also don't let them set the deadline on you... try to look and act like you're in no hurry...

let them set the price and then try to find as many things as you can to reduce the price... tell them the color they have isn't what you really want, (know all the colors will help) but still get the one you want, tell them it doesn't have this and that accessories and don't opt to add them...

then throw your low ball... and see if they will negotiate from there...
Old 02-25-2008, 05:05 AM
Sonicspeed

This is why you also take into account what their invoice cost for the car is (which edmunds gets directly from toyota) and tell him to eat ****.

Grubbs Nissan was very laid back, and nice. Got my car for a few grand under msrp. If they dont give you the price you want just walk out the door all smiles.... Lewisville you say? I drive by that dealer all the time. All my friends who have gone there have NEVER had anything good to say about the experience, thats for sure! The Nissan dealer right next to them are really bad ***, and the finance manager (if she still works there) gave me a ****ing hell of a deal on my extended warranty! (had several of my friends buy trucks from her after that too, so it pays to treat us good as customers) If you are looking for a beater go get a lease on a sentra or something over there. You will end up with a price of less than $250 a month for a 4 door gas sipper if you have good credit.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:09 AM
silvertibby06

Yeah, the one in Plano has a lot of good staffs there. Bought a TC from them.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:33 AM
TheProfessional

The Toyota dealership in Little Rock I went to for a Tacoma in 2006 treated us like ****. We had a good trade in, they acted like they didn't have to sell us the truck and what's infinitely worse, they spit in our face with the financing. They refused to work with any bank other than the Toyota Motor Financing group which quoted us 9.25% on 48 months and we have good credit !!!

We walked to Nissan and picked up a new 4 door Nismo Frontier for almost half the payment that day.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 AM
moog

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
yeah that's one job i could never do... they mark cars up so much and then try to justify the cost to you... its ridiculous...

but it did sound like you deadlocked way too soon... but from what i could tell the guy you were dealing with was way too unorganized anyway...

the dealer tactic is they remove the salesman from authority, making it easier to turn down your offers... by simply saying ok... lemme check... and come back with a no...

i've had them do this to me so many times... the easiest thing is to ask for the person that can make the deal, and if they refuse... walk... all they are doing is removing authority... so try to find someone that IS in charge and can really negotiate with you...

also don't let them set the deadline on you... try to look and act like you're in no hurry...

let them set the price and then try to find as many things as you can to reduce the price... tell them the color they have isn't what you really want, (know all the colors will help) but still get the one you want, tell them it doesn't have this and that accessories and don't opt to add them...

then throw your low ball... and see if they will negotiate from there...
We were there for a good 30 minutes going back and forth. It's okay though, whoever treats me right will get my business even if I pay a premium for it.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:04 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

I would check out either Grapevine Toyota or Plano Toyota.

I've bought a car from both places & they both had treated me awesome. Also that was quite a few years ago so I hope they haven't gone down hill.

BTW....I hate the way Lewisville's Toyota is set up. I hate the freakin security stop before you can get inside the dealership. I get parts from there every now and then & you have to stop and tell someone what you want to do there. They are retarded !
Old 02-25-2008, 06:32 AM
brownie2boost

my friends and i went to the trophy nissan used car section and i have never met a manager that i wanted to punch in the head more than this guy! first he wont let me look at a black 350 or a black titan and keeps trying to push this ugly red maxima on me... then when i told him i didn't want it, and i was ready to pay cash for either the 350 or the titan, he wanted to know what i do for a living and how i got the money and then he started talking about how a guy my age (i was 20 at the time) shouldn't be driving an expensive car like that blah blah blah...i just pointed at my mercedes ml430 in the parking lot and said well i guess i shouldnt be driving that either maybe courtesy will help me buy what i WANT to buy...and just walked out....what a pos!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Sonicspeed

Trophy are a bunch of twits! I tried to go there first for my Z, they tried to talk me into a used Z (I told them I wanted a new one), and when they couldnt find one in red they asked that I took a test drive in this "manager loaner" which was a Xfire. I took the test drive just for the hell of it, and ragged the **** out of it... scaared the sales guy shitless! Nice car btw, but holy **** is it SMALL in the cabin!

I ended up walking on them because they couldnt get what I wanted, and kept trying to sell me other cars I didnt want after I falt out told them I wanted a Z and nothing else.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:56 PM
LegionnaireZ

Texas Nissan of Gv....

before when they were still Don Davis, i brought my friend from work to look at a SUV that he wanted... was thinking of the Armada but then decided it was too big and went to look at a Xterra, he was straight forward with the sales guy, said hey, i know i dont have perfect credit, but it's not bad, if necessary i can get a co-signer with good credit, was willing to put money down, and the sales manager came out asking what he was driving...

At the time he was driving a Toyota Carolla S, that he got from his dad for graduation. had it for years, but needed more room for his family. The sales manager just said "thats a big jump from a Carolla to an Armada or Xterra..."

Me and him both were like damn dude its not like its a freakin Ferrari or something, its a Nissan, whats your problem? After bantering with this guy for about 30-45 minutes we just left...

Now he's driving a new Dodge Charger...

o-well i guess...

sry James if you see this but the sales staff there needs some serious reworking of social skills...

they even gave me **** when i came there to trade in my Z for an 06...
Old 02-26-2008, 04:47 AM
Sonicspeed

What annoys me is how car sales guys act like we NEED them. I think they run into so many people who are tools that when they run into someone that knows what they are talking about they try to pull something out of their ***, and 99% of the time it backfires, and you end up walking and going someplace else. I cant wait until I have to go back to a dealer to get another car be it for me or a friend of mine. I love handing the sales guys their *** when it comes to getting a price for a car.... helps when its not you getting the car too, and even more so if you are going with a lady friend. Just watch and see how the sales guy either trys to buddy up with you RIGHT AWAY or try to exclude you from as much of the convo as he can. Makes me laugh.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 AM
moog

Kinda glad I didn't buy that sport model, as now I'm looking at a certified, Limited model which has more luxuries, 100k mile warranty, leather, etc...for about the same price.

Thanks for the shotty service Toyota of Lewisville!!! You actually helped me!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
LegionnaireZ

LMAO... funny how that works...
Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 PM
moog

JB Williams the internet sales rep - not so bright
Mark Polito the used car manager - congrats on being the biggest jerk I've ever met at any dealership
Old 02-29-2008, 05:34 AM
moog

Well, I drove down to Houston last night and picked up an

07 RAV4 Limited
Blizzard Pearl White
leather interior
20k miles
7 year/100k mile bumper to bumper warranty

Better gas mileage FTW!...getting 15-17mpg w/ the G35 gets pricey.

Quick Reply: Toyota of Lewisville - no good!