Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezpotato
and then a GOOD sight from last weekend
Thank gawd for daily drivers eh Emad? Get Chris or Rob to check out your ride...they already fixed everything else on it..wouldnt hurt..
Old 09-14-2011, 06:24 AM
steidz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
ya Scott - you can have mine too - I still have factory presets on the radio...hook it up with 87.7 static!

lol..I just use my ipod..
You lost me, is your antenna amp in the car still and you get static?
Or have you pulled it out?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 AM
steidz

Hey Emad how long did it take for the tow truck to show?
Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 AM
steidz

Originally Posted by fithamoto
Ok, I'll take a peak up there when I get home tonight.

And yes my extended warranty list the radio as being covered since it is oem.
It is good until March of 2012 or 82k I have 62.5k so I will run out on time first. It has been a good purchase....I have used it several times and I'm sure it has paid for itself thankfully !

Nice
Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^no sir.. I just never use it...87.7 is dead air I thought..

Mine is still in the car...I know for a fact it works fine cause I have used it before.. I just use my iPod over radio is all I meant..
Old 09-14-2011, 06:38 AM
steidz

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
^^no sir.. I just never use it...87.7 is dead air I thought..

Mine is still in the car...I know for a fact it works fine cause I have used it before.. I just use my iPod over radio is all I meant..

I'm with ya.
If I can come by some time yo do a swap and see if it fixes the problem that would be cool. I'd like to see the car in its exposed glory too.

I found a radio station down in mobile when we were on vacation. It has long play runs and a good mix of new and old and not the same song every 5 min.
I have just been streaming it thru my phone to the car, Haven't missed the radio, but still like to have it working
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Wait....I want to test one with mine to see if that's the problem before I take my car to the dealership. I want to be able to tell them what the problem is so they can just replace it.....otherwise if it isn't the problem then they will need to get me a new head unit.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:48 AM
steidz

Something clear and wet is falling in the backyard. Lasted all of 70 secs. I think i'll plant rocks!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:50 AM
steidz

Wait....I want to test one with mine to see if that's the problem before I take my car to the dealership. I want to be able to tell them what the problem is so they can just replace it.....otherwise if it isn't the problem then they will need to get me a new head unit.
If Jake's fixes mine i'll swing by and we can plug yours in too.
Once the trim is out, its only one screw and two connectors. easy
Old 09-14-2011, 07:23 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by steidz
If Jake's fixes mine i'll swing by and we can plug yours in too.
Once the trim is out, its only one screw and two connectors. easy
Ok thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:38 AM
Total D

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Well 10 days till I make my move over to the big DFW. This weekend is going to be very busy. Not with getting everything ready for the move but to put my motor that is coming in today hehe. Oil cooler and clutch will be here tomorrow afternoon as well. So everything should be here for this weekends build. So excited!!!! Have not seen my motor or turbos since March after TX2K11. I'll keep you guys updated on everything. Oh and we officially move into the house in 2 days, I just have to wait till the 24th since car is down lol.

Can't wait to be part of the scene there and meet you guys!!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

congrats...pics always help on a build...excited for ya bro...bonus on the house too..hehe
Old 09-14-2011, 10:12 AM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by 350zeemy
hey guys, so i just screwed up my headlight. i tried searching the forums but nothing.. i used "goo off" to try and get some adhesive off and well yah. it away part of the plastic on the headlight. ill try and get a picture up later tonight when i leave work. ive also posted a thread about this and as of right now, no replies, i was wondering if any of you guys knew of anything that could help fix this :/
Turtle wax has a great kit, comes with 4 different grit pads, a spray that is really slick fir the wet sanding. Follow directions and then before the last step i used Meguires Swirl X with a buffer then used the turtle wax plastic protection wax with a buffer. Corolla headlights look brand new. best store product i have used yet, and its cheaper than the others !
Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

What happened to Emad's car?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:31 AM
steidz

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
What happened to Emad's car?
Dont know yet. After the Autox he backed up ready to leave and his clutch pedal went straight to the floor. No pressure required to push it in and you had to pull it out by hand.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:38 AM
JLS2GOZ

I think Stu is about ready to head out to Cali for school again. I don't think he'll have time....but I know Mackie is a good call.

If you've "melted it" with the goof off...then it might not clear up.....but if it's just on the very surface then I think you can wet sand it and have it buffed out.
Hey Stu, my daughter lives in Austin, she has a deep blue scion that has the 3M clear bra on part of the hood and bumper area. She took it in for a detail that cost 95.00 and pointed out water spots on the hood and driver side..........apt living + Austin = hard a$$ water, anyway so they do the detail, looks ok to her but after getting home sees the water spots ??? Well she was coming to Dallas the next day and figured she would ask me. She loves her mom !
They did a crappy job is what they did. Caked wax in the key holes , and they just waxed over everything even some sap.
Now my understanding is you dont clay, swirl, or wax the 3M...is that correct ?
well I get out clay bar, get most of spots, get sap then used swirl X and goy the rest of the bad spots but when my clay spray runs down to the 3M it starts to haze up ....then I look closer and I see left behind wax along the edges....those SOBs waxed her clear rock guard !!!!!!
Luckly with car soap and pretty warm water (repeatedly) I was able to get most of it clear again.
I had her go and get her money back.

So am I correct that you do not wax or put anything on the clear rock guards?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Get the AAL from wheelersoffroad.com and when you call, also ask them to buy their longer u bolts...thats where i got mine...

They are $77.50...see here: http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/titandstrlift.htm

Also, dont forget you need the spc toe/camber bolts - (Special Products Company - sold at O-reilly autoparts as Oreilly p/n 87520).

you need 4 total, 2 per side in the front.

-J
Hey -J I wanna see pics of your truck Did I miss it on earlier posts ?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 AM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by ppat1989
Well I think I'm gonna take mu z to the shop tomorrow. I've had a really annoying clicking/rattling sound that comes from both my front and rear suspension when I hit sharp bumps for quite a while now and now it has also developed an annoying and somewhat concerning rattling sound sometimes when at idle but mostly when accelerating under load at low rpms. It did it tonight for the first time while sitting at idle and stopped when I engaged the clutch to take off at a redlight and it also did it while I was turning into the parking garage at work. Car was in neutral and stopped as soon as I straightened out the wheel. I'm hoping that maybe the exhaust is just tapping against something somewhere but I don't have the time right now to really get into it and check everything. It just makes me really nervous that for some reason it could be something in the transmission rattling. I doubt it but since I have a rebuilt trans and can't afford to do it again right now, it just worries me.
Hey Pat thanks for coming thru in pinch hitter the other night. Buds car is runnin cool. I did figure out that the inside a/c heat control needed to be pushed all the way over to HOT, then I just had to start, warm, wait til it got just past the 3/4 mark then shut it off and immediately open the bleed valve, plus I read on one of the 240 sites to push the front of the car up and down really hard to help displace the air. total I did it 4 times and that was the charm......opened the bleed bolt and NOTHING couldnt have done it without ya....thanks much man !
Old 09-14-2011, 11:06 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
Hey -J I wanna see pics of your truck Did I miss it on earlier posts ?
J's Truck....doing his thing..
Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by ezpotato
a sad sight from this weekend

and then a GOOD sight from last weekend

E-Z...What happened ? So sad to see a Z/G at 30 degree

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge