Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:40 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's the same guy that I was talking about. Let me know if you're able to get ahold of him.

Travis I dunno if you remember what mine looks like, but I've got limo on the hatch window and 20% on the sides.

Last edited by AllstarE4; 06-17-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 PM
mikes10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thing was crazy fast, and crazy loud -

Video -
Old 06-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Skrilla

nice vid of the fly by with the vette and atom, BTW Darth as the instructor...LMAO that was great. Travis thanks for hitting me up on Sat. I awas kinda kidnapped for fathers day...woke up on a boat...lol...long story. Needless to say I got nothing done this weekend was a little surprise for me from the family. Anyway I'll be sure to go next time.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,056 Likes on 6,521 Posts

Originally Posted by Skrilla
nice vid of the fly by with the vette and atom, BTW Darth as the instructor...LMAO that was great. Travis thanks for hitting me up on Sat. I awas kinda kidnapped for fathers day...woke up on a boat...lol...long story. Needless to say I got nothing done this weekend was a little surprise for me from the family. Anyway I'll be sure to go next time.
oh no, it was a limited time offer and that offer has since expired.....(joking)

so you need to share the boat story!!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:12 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

So Skrilla,

They don't have any instructors with you at ECR ?.....I'm only curious because at MSR ( with the BMW group ) they have an instructor with every class regardless...at least for the first few sessions.

Me and Scott got to run a Solo session on the second day out there.

I would like to go run out at ECR...just for the variety of tracks.

Last edited by fithamoto; 06-18-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 AM
mikes10

I wasn't with any groups - BMW - PCR etc they will require instructors - APEX etc -usually based on experience and/or skill level / approval -

ECR member days require you to have an instructor - usually based on instructor approval you can run solo - If you haven't run at ECR you will have an instructor on one of their member days -

Are you solo during the autocross sessions? or would i be solo if i haven't done one before? and it would seem pretty important to get a ride along with someone if you haven't driven one before? I'm pretty certain i won't be able to navigate an autocross course lol - i might as well glue cones to the outside of my car now - so i can deflect the cones with cones -

Last edited by mikes10; 06-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Oh yeah mikes10, sorry for the miss named on previous post...I got mixed up.

So with the Apex you can pretty much go solo after the first initial drive with an instructor to verify your skill level ?

I like having an instructor in the passenger seat for a little bit, but after that I want to go on my own If I can. Only because the instructors sometime have different lines that I would want to take....not that they are better or worst...just better for me, not them....you know what I mean ?

At the BMW event I had like 3 or maybe 4 instructors and they all had told me different lines or different braking areas for parts of the track....so I think it is a lot of personal driving preference & your cars ability to handle certain lines better than others.

We definitely need to get a track day together soon or this Fall.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by mikes10
I wasn't with any groups - BMW - PCR etc they will require instructors - APEX etc -usually based on experience and/or skill level / approval -

ECR member days require you to have an instructor - usually based on instructor approval you can run solo - If you haven't run at ECR you will have an instructor on one of their member days -

Are you solo during the autocross sessions? or would i be solo if i haven't done one before? and it would seem pretty important to get a ride along with someone if you haven't driven one before? I'm pretty certain i won't be able to navigate an autocross course lol - i might as well glue cones to the outside of my car now - so i can deflect the cones with cones -
i rode with pat a couple times, and the first time i was like how in the hell do you know where to go... but on the last time i was getting the hang of it
Old 06-18-2012, 01:32 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Yes Mike,

On the AutoX for a first time driver they would like for you to have an instructor in the car with you....but after that you are free to go alone.

Best thing to do is get there early enough to walk the course....also when your run group is driving....it would be good to catch a ride or two with somebody that has done these a bunch....this will get you used to the course also by being a passenger....then you will be ready to drive yourself during the run group. You can just run towards the end of the group....this gives you time to ride with somebody.

Remember there are usually 2 different groups....a Run group and a work group. Then you have a morning session of runs and then repeat it after the lunch break. So you have 4-5 runs in the am...switch groups..then you work the course....then lunch....then repeat all over again.

Make sense ????

Last edited by fithamoto; 06-18-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:33 PM
SmokersMagee

^^Yeah if you think you will get remotely lost, ask for an instructor asap. Nothing worse than a nice car booking around all lost in the sea of cones with a stubborn driver that thinks they don't need help.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:43 PM
travlee
Master

chris, you have a pics of those side skirts on the car?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:15 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by travlee9374
chris, you have a pics of those side skirts on the car?
No Sir....I have never put them on.

I know they look good tho. If I don't sell them...I'll eventually get them painted and put them on my car...but for now...I'm fine without them.

If you want Travis, you can test fit them and see if you like them....just come over and we'll slap them on.

I think they will fit your '08 ????
Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
travlee
Master

Originally Posted by fithamoto
No Sir....I have never put them on.

I know they look good tho. If I don't sell them...I'll eventually get them painted and put them on my car...but for now...I'm fine without them.

If you want Travis, you can test fit them and see if you like them....just come over and we'll slap them on.

I think they will fit your '08 ????
tempting..... how hard are they to throw on?
Old 06-18-2012, 03:34 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

tempting..... how hard are they to throw on?
Not hard....just a few bolts on the bottom and a couple up top.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM
travlee
Master

Not hard....just a few bolts on the bottom and a couple up top.
if i did get em, i wouldnt be able to pay til the 29th..... should have a HUGE check, 50 hours OT on it
Old 06-18-2012, 05:16 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

if i did get em, i wouldnt be able to pay til the 29th..... should have a HUGE check, 50 hours OT on it
I have no worries....if you like them ...you can get them....If you don't then no big deal.

No worries on your payment...I know you'll come thru if you get them.

Last edited by fithamoto; 06-18-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:23 PM
travlee
Master

what are you work hours sir??? mine just changed to 7-4..... i have plans tomorrow but maybe later this week we can meet up
Old 06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
mikes10

Thumbs up

Oh yeah mikes10, sorry for the miss named on previous post...I got mixed up.

So with the Apex you can pretty much go solo after the first initial drive with an instructor to verify your skill level ?

I like having an instructor in the passenger seat for a little bit, but after that I want to go on my own If I can. Only because the instructors sometime have different lines that I would want to take....not that they are better or worst...just better for me, not them....you know what I mean ?

At the BMW event I had like 3 or maybe 4 instructors and they all had told me different lines or different braking areas for parts of the track....so I think it is a lot of personal driving preference & your cars ability to handle certain lines better than others.

We definitely need to get a track day together soon or this Fall.
With APEX you are pRoBobLy not going to go solo on the first track day with them - but ultimately its up to the instructor, and driving experience is a plus - track experience is a plus -mainly you need to know to ALWAYS look and wave at the corner workers to acknowledge and thank them and show courtesy to the faster drivers on the course - and i don't know how common it is to switch instructors so much - usually you get one guy and they teach you the line and help you drive it to your cars ability ... they shouldn't be teaching you their line for their car... but it is what it is and i totally understand - i'm just saying how it should be - not how it always is - most of the time the head instructor knows the cars the instructors are familiar with in order to give you a successful instructor that knows your car at least a smidgin - and knows its characteristics - most instructors will have experience on almost any tire and any suspension setup - APEX has a lot of experience and their instructors are great - although they are a smaller outfit and somewhat laid back - they are still a no-sh*t group of guys - that are there to help you be a bad azz

with PCA - i understand them to be strict but even with them you will get the same driver and they don't let you run solo at all for a LONG time, and even then its at the approval of more than one person -

I haven't been with a BMW event - but it isn't unheard of to run a couple of times with an instructor and the second half of the day without one - this is the norm when you have a club with some advanced enthusiasts that double dip the day riding with you for a bit, and showing you some lines, and then cut you free

I personally feel that a REAL instructor is priceless - and a ride along with a real guy is priceless - and a follow behind is even more bad azz - combined with a bit of school in between each session and you will be moving towards the solo level and you will be able to start punchin out the lap times -

I will let ya'll know when i'm going to the track etc - i know that we are trying to put something together for october out at college station - which is the best track on the planet - it flows so well -but i'm going to try to capture an autocross in the middle there - and maybe 1 drift event because that looks retarded and i have to try it lol

____

thanks about the autocross - i'm certain i will get remotely lost - at least i do watching through the go-pro vids etc - maybe different in real life lol --
Old 06-19-2012, 02:05 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I rode with Chris on his first run at my last autocross and I was lost. I even got a little confused on my first lap driving. Once you go through the course and get the hang of it you really start to have fun and work on cutting time.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:31 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

what are you work hours sir??? mine just changed to 7-4..... i have plans tomorrow but maybe later this week we can meet up
I work 7:30 - 4:30 .... but usually don't get home until 5:30 or 6:00.

I'm doing the autoX this Sat at MW....but we can hook up Sunday.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge