Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:02 PM
steidz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris F and I are planning on going to the PCA AX at mineral wells this Sunday. Anyone else interested?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:26 PM
ZSpectrum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever seen that? It appears to be rounded? I just pulled the autozone window motor that was working fine for the last three days out because it wouldn't roll up and I see that.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ugh those same spammers are on the other website
Old 04-24-2013, 08:48 PM
ZSpectrum

So the issue is the plastic piece inside of the aluminum piece pictured is rounded off. Any idea who can fix it and what it will cost? I don't drive the car for 4 months and this is what I'm welcomed to! Awesome!

Evidently it's called the window regulator. I texted jake about fixing it, but he's probably asleep. If he can't do it, any recommendations?

Last edited by ZSpectrum; 04-24-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by steidz
Chris F and I are planning on going to the PCA AX at mineral wells this Sunday. Anyone else interested?
I am signed up for Sunday AX.

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
So the issue is the plastic piece inside of the aluminum piece pictured is rounded off. Any idea who can fix it and what it will cost? I don't drive the car for 4 months and this is what I'm welcomed to! Awesome!

Evidently it's called the window regulator. I texted jake about fixing it, but he's probably asleep. If he can't do it, any recommendations?
Mackie, I think Pat & Chris P. have replaced those a lot....I'm sure they will chime in.
--------

Skated a new park in Mckinney last night.....It is around Alma & Eldorado Pkwy. Chris P. lives out there.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 AM
steidz

I am signed up for sunday also!

Nice Skating Chris, I think you have us all beat on that skill.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
ppat1989
Professional

I've only done the window motor once. I'm sure you can find the replacement part but i have no idea what it costs.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

OMG...I need to find a Job ! All this extra time surfing the Net finding some weird stuff out there.

Here's just one.

Who wants to go in and split this ?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Lucky736

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So a quick update on a hiccup.

Hear a dragging noise. Dragging noise changes when brakes are applied. 99% sure it is in front. Almost sounds like a flag in the wind type sound. Hard to explain but not a screech. Take apart front calipers and clean out slides, and holes for slides. Re-lube slides. Pads appear to have plenty of meat, both sides. Put everything back together, still there. Curious on a question about the slides. Heard that they can get air pockets if not put back together right. I squeezed the boot a bit while putting them back in. Lubed before putting the slide boot on, then put a bit in the boot, then the slide. Any ideas if this is correct? I turned the slides a bit to hopefully work out any air pockets as they were going in.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:04 PM
GreddyZ!

Hey guys,
Just moved here to Arlington, and just got my Z a few weeks ago. Its an older one and has a few miles on it, but I have been lusting after one of these for years. Anyway the car is all stock except for a cheap generic cold air intake, so that is probably going to be my first mod.

Just wanted to introduce my self and get a feel for this forum. Would be awesome to meet up with some people and check out your cars.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by ppat1989
I've only done the window motor once. I'm sure you can find the replacement part but i have no idea what it costs.
It's only $90, but I have no idea how to even start. It's basically taking the entire door apart and remounting everything glass and such.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by GreddyZ!
Hey guys,
Just moved here to Arlington, and just got my Z a few weeks ago. Its an older one and has a few miles on it, but I have been lusting after one of these for years. Anyway the car is all stock except for a cheap generic cold air intake, so that is probably going to be my first mod.

Just wanted to introduce my self and get a feel for this forum. Would be awesome to meet up with some people and check out your cars.
Welcome Bro....we have meets about every month or so. Look into the Texas meet up/event section.

Also there is a VQ page on FB....Go to DFW VQ Motorsports and request to be added. One of us will add you. Most of us on the 350Z site also go on the FB site as well.

We will post up meet info or talk a bout the next AutoX or Track day.

If your interested in modding your Z you will learn a lot from this Lounge and the peeps in it.

Post up pics of the Z.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:16 PM
steidz

Originally Posted by fithamoto
OMG...I need to find a Job ! All this extra time surfing the Net finding some weird stuff out there.

Here's just one.

Who wants to go in and split this ?

Vagina smell in a vile - German female fragrance for his pleasure by VULVA Original - YouTube
To scared to hit play but I am willing to pay you to stop surfing
Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 PM
steidz

Originally Posted by GreddyZ!
Hey guys,

Welcome Greddy,

Fitha posted the facebook page if your into Autocrossing your Z. A few of us are headed out to Mineral Wells for a race this Sunday. If your interested let us know, $35 bucks for a fun day getting to know your Z and how it handles at the limit in a safe enviroment.

Here is a little idea of Autocross if your not familar.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:02 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Skated a new park in Mckinney last night.....It is around Alma & Eldorado Pkwy. Chris P. lives out there.
Yep, about 5 minutes away from there.

Originally Posted by ZSpectrum
It's only $90, but I have no idea how to even start. It's basically taking the entire door apart and remounting everything glass and such.
Never had to replace the regulator, but I've opened up the driver's side door lots of times to clean or replace the window motor, lol. There's DIYs for both driver's side and passenger's side window motor replacements on this forum. It's a little time consuming but very easy to do. It does help to have someone else there to hold up the glass. Otherwise, you're just going to have to use a strong tape to hold the glass up while you're maneuvering things around. If you touch the glass or the regulator, you're going to have to do the reset as well. If you're just doing the motor, then no reset required.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:41 PM
mikes10

:*( no skate text? i liiive on alma lol although that is way far north
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Yep, about 5 minutes away from there.

Never had to replace the regulator, but I've opened up the driver's side door lots of times to clean or replace the window motor, lol. There's DIYs for both driver's side and passenger's side window motor replacements on this forum. It's a little time consuming but very easy to do. It does help to have someone else there to hold up the glass. Otherwise, you're just going to have to use a strong tape to hold the glass up while you're maneuvering things around. If you touch the glass or the regulator, you're going to have to do the reset as well. If you're just doing the motor, then no reset required.
I've replaced four or so window motors so far, but the regulator is one thing I haven't done and really don't care too. Hell I would rather pull the motor. Any shop recommendations?
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,105 Likes on 6,560 Posts

its friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiday!!... and technically one week done of the two the body shop should have my car (but then it goes straight to nissan to diagnose my dang clutch....again), going through withdrawls.

welcome Greddy, what part of arlington are you in, i am down there at least once a week to see my mother
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,105 Likes on 6,560 Posts

We will post up meet info or talk a bout the next AutoX or Track day.

speaking of meet, we need to do another one... what about saturday the 11th?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:07 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by mikes10
:*( no skate text? i liiive on alma lol although that is way far north
Mike, I thought you lived in Frisco ?

Lets go skate that park...it is fun....large street area and a fun flow-bowl section.

You have a board ? I have an extra if you need one.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge