Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 01:24 AM
ppat1989
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
What's going on with the driver's side brakes ?

And check Ace hardware stores or Elliots for the bolts you need.....they usually carry a good amount of stock.
Every since Jake and I put the wheel spacers in there's been a slight rubbing sound like the pad touching the rotor when I'm driving and I'll get a slight vibration when braking especially right before the car comes to a complete stop. I've taken the spacers off and bought open ended lug nuts to make sure they were seating properly in the wheel. I took the calipers off to day and can see slight rub marks on one side of each pad buy can't figure out why it's doing it. I reinstalled everything carrectly and it's still doing the same thing. I checked the spindle hub (or whatever that thing is called that the wheel studs go in to) and to the naked eye, it doesn't appear to be bent buy Jody and I could see a spot on the inside of the wheel and on that hub where there appears to be extra movement.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:13 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueZwflames
ok im having a hard time aligning the panel back....is there something im missing....i cant get the panel to align back the way it was...should the window be all the way down or up or what?.....help ...im almost there and im ready to kick something
The window should only affect one thing... Getting the panel to snap over the top of the pinch weld of the inner door skin. Roll the window all the way down to make sure it isn't preventing this. If that doesn't work look closer when you try to reinstall and try to be super detailed when you tell us what's up. Hopefully you get it on there though.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:32 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Pat.....did you get your shiet figured out ?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:05 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Pat.....did you get your shiet figured out ?
No I havnt had time to mess with it today. My work schedule changed this week so I had to make sure I got enough sleep for work. I just don't know what it can be. The only thing I really have left to do is put my other rotors back on in the back to see if that eliminates the issue. This is getting annoying. I just don't think it's the rotor though cuz it didn't start doing this until we put the extended studs and the spacers on but I've taken the spacers off already and it's still acting funny. I might try to take it to Jake or Jason sometime this week if they have time to try to get a better trained set of eyes to look at it.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:14 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ppat1989
No I havnt had time to mess with it today. My work schedule changed this week so I had to make sure I got enough sleep for work. I just don't know what it can be. The only thing I really have left to do is put my other rotors back on in the back to see if that eliminates the issue. This is getting annoying. I just don't think it's the rotor though cuz it didn't start doing this until we put the extended studs and the spacers on but I've taken the spacers off already and it's still acting funny. I might try to take it to Jake or Jason sometime this week if they have time to try to get a better trained set of eyes to look at it.
You got one week dude....lets figure that shiet out....come over during the week if you need some help.

I have an extra set of rotors you can try out....that aren't drilled or slotted...so we can see what's going on. If you put extended lugs on then maybe thats your prob. I had spacers on and never had to put extended lugs on.
What kind of spacers do you have ????
I think mine were 15-20mm on the front and 20-25mm on the rears. Don't know what brand they were.
If it comes down to it... just run your wheels without spacers & see if it does better ???? then you will know to get better spacers.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:57 PM
JLS2GOZ

You got one week dude....lets figure that shiet out....come over during the week if you need some help.

I have an extra set of rotors you can try out....that aren't drilled or slotted...so we can see what's going on. If you put extended lugs on then maybe thats your prob. I had spacers on and never had to put extended lugs on.
I think mine were 15-20mm on the front and 20-25mm on the rears. Don't know what brand they were.
If it comes down to it... just run your wheels without spacers & see if it does better ???? then you will know to get better spacers.
It's still.doing it without the spaces....and he has open end lug nuts so he definitely has the.wheels tight.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:13 PM
ppat1989
Professional

I've got ichiba 10mm spacers but I've already taken them off because I thought that's what it was but apparently it's not. What days do you have available for me to come over? I have to work at 7 today through Thursday but I'll be off Friday and Saturday.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:33 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Pat,

Dunno if you've looked at this or not... But check the head of the studs (back side of rotor) to see if they are large enough to be rubbing. Or maybe one or more of the studs isn't pressed flush with the rotor.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:43 AM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Pat,

Dunno if you've looked at this or not... But check the head of the studs (back side of rotor) to see if they are large enough to be rubbing. Or maybe one or more of the studs isn't pressed flush with the rotor.
I don't think the heads are rubbing but I'll definately double check. As far as if they are sitting flush, they are. I checked that on Saturday when I pulled everything apart. The only thing I can really think of if it's not the rotor is that the spindle assembly (not sure exactly what it's called but the part that the rear studs are actually pressed in to) might possibly have bent when we pounded out the original studs. I eyeballed it and it doesn't appear to be bent anywhere and that is pretty thick and heavy duty that I just don't think it couldve bent from just taking the old studs out. It's just weird that I didn't notice it doing this until I put the spacers in but at the same time I didn't really get to drive the car in a way I would notice it due to all of the ice we had.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:42 AM
ppat1989
Professional

I'm hoping it's just the rotor is a little warped. I'll swap out the rear rotors when I wake up this afternoon and see what that does. I got such a good deal on those rotors anyways and I have my old ones that only have like 10k miles on them here at the house. Besides it's just the rear rotors anyways and most of my braking is at the front so I really only care about having my drilled/slotted rotors up front. I'll just buy two more rotors later if I found out that is what it is. Which I'm praying that's what it is lol.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Pat.....i never had any shimmy or felt any vibrations with those rotors...I hope they aren't the cause. If they are I will give your cash back to you.
I have another set of rotors that are OEM tho.....you can use them to see if thats the case.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

it could be something simple.. ok, did you have that shim or vibration when you initially got the rotors and pads? or was it only after you got the extended studs and spacers only?
Im just making sure I didnt do anything by swapping out the studs with extended studs.. Let us know Patrick.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:46 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Damn wheel spacers. Herrafrush strikes again!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:42 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
it could be something simple.. ok, did you have that shim or vibration when you initially got the rotors and pads? or was it only after you got the extended studs and spacers only?
Im just making sure I didnt do anything by swapping out the studs with extended studs.. Let us know Patrick.
I can't say for a fact that it wasn't there before we put the studs on but I hadn't noticed it until then. And it's on that wheel that you thought mightve been loose but couldn't tell for sure.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:43 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Pat.....i never had any shimmy or felt any vibrations with those rotors...I hope they aren't the cause. If they are I will give your cash back to you.
I have another set of rotors that are OEM tho.....you can use them to see if thats the case.
Dude hell no, you don't owe me anything back. I wouldve paid more than that just for those pads.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:54 PM
drifter5

I skimmed through the suggestion but didn't really read them. Did you jack up the car and spin the hub? Any rubbing then?
Old 02-21-2011, 03:56 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Putting it to a vote, APS single or GTM Twins?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:53 PM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by ImportedPerformance
Putting it to a vote, APS single or GTM Twins?
Not that I'm qualified to give advice on the matter but I say twins
Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
BlueZwflames

anyone know where i can get some of those plastic attachment screws? the ones that attach the door panel to the door.....just chg out the window motor and noticed some of them were broken
Old 02-21-2011, 05:45 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Uh... the dealership? You don't really need ALL of them. A few of mine broke but if you space them out evenly, nothing will rattle.

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge