Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[DFW]: DFW's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 06:13 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Squeaky350
Screw meth, convert to E85 and make some cheap daily HP.
Funny you should say that...
Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 PM
jmy24

Anyone know any good audio shops around dallas? I got an amp that I would like to get installed.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
almost3flips

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new differential. What do you guys think?

Cheapest I could probably get would be the Tomei diff.

Kaaz has the adjustable 2 way and I can get it with 2 free fluids or whatever the vendor deal is.

I can't go with OS Giken because its out of my budget.

Would it be wiser to get a deal that comes with everything needed to install or can I buy them seperately?
Old 04-30-2011, 04:32 AM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by almost3flips

Kaaz has the adjustable 2 way and I can get it with 2 free fluids or whatever the vendor deal is.

Would it be wiser to get a deal that comes with everything needed to install or can I buy them seperately?
Carbonetics is pretty reasonably priced. What are you going to be using the car for?
Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 PM
jdmintegraowner

Originally Posted by jmy24
Anyone know any good audio shops around dallas? I got an amp that I would like to get installed.
do you already have a wiring kit? what kind of head unit do you have? factory bose system? i may be able to do it for you.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:42 PM
jmy24

Originally Posted by jdmintegraowner
do you already have a wiring kit? what kind of head unit do you have? factory bose system? i may be able to do it for you.
Yeah I got all the wires that I need. I got a single din head unit already in. My installer is real busy so he couldn't even get to amp install after my components went in.
I took all the bose stuff out. speakers, tweeters, factory amp, sub, everything.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:45 PM
almost3flips

I want to use the car for drift events. Its still DD but I don't care about clicking and popping. It's already loud as it is.

Right now the Tomei is looking real good
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ilya_mhs07
Chris,
Mercedes also came out with two hybrid models and from what I learned in hybrid class the batteries have at least 100k warranty but I'm not sure if it's like that with all companies, those batteries don't fail as often as a conventional battery, but if it does fail and for some reason you have to pay out of pocket be prepared to pay close to 6,000 dollars and it's not something any shop can do...

Ilya, can I come test drive them ?

Originally Posted by almost3flips

Did Jake chime in ??? He would be able to tell ya.....does it have different gears in it also ?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 AM
JLS2GOZ

Originally Posted by fithamoto
So the wifey says she wants to get rid of her 2009 Highlander ..... she says she wants a Hybrid. ???

We all know that Toyota/Lexus, Nissan, Honda, etc.... all make great cars that last.

Does anybody know first hand how good these cars really are ? What are the cost of battery replacement ? How long do they last for ? etc.... I have read lots of Consumer Reports on certain models...but I have no inside personal knowledge of anyone that has a Hybrid and what encounters they go thru that regular gas engines have.

Any first hand info will be appreciated.
Ok Chris, here is the low down...... First how much driving does she do ? Is it highway or mostly street. The hybrids are electric up to about 40 mph, then it swithches to gas. And because Im on call and driving to and from work all day saturday I was listening to Jerry Renoylds and even he isnt sure about the whole battery issue. He says that the prius is just now coming up on the 6 year 100,000 mile so its a learning curve, they dont know if its going to be a replace all the batteries, or just the ones that are not holding and taking full charge. So they dont know what the cost will be, and they also dont know if there is going to be a charge to the owner for disposal..... that could be some big buck. The guy that works part time with us also does Toyota shows.... his take..... the hybrid suv vs the non hybrid isnt that much of a gas savings.... so is the upfront price of the hybrid worth it ? Now if you are talking prius, or some other small (corolla) size vehicle and she drives your daughter to and from school, soccer, dance ect alot and mainly does city driving then thats a plus. Get on line and see what you can find. If you need, I can give you the guy I was talking about a shout to call you.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
jdmintegraowner

Originally Posted by jmy24
Yeah I got all the wires that I need. I got a single din head unit already in. My installer is real busy so he couldn't even get to amp install after my components went in.
I took all the bose stuff out. speakers, tweeters, factory amp, sub, everything.
check your pm
Old 05-01-2011, 05:32 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by JLS2GOZ
Ok Chris, here is the low down...... First how much driving does she do ? Is it highway or mostly street. The hybrids are electric up to about 40 mph, then it swithches to gas. And because Im on call and driving to and from work all day saturday I was listening to Jerry Renoylds and even he isnt sure about the whole battery issue. He says that the prius is just now coming up on the 6 year 100,000 mile so its a learning curve, they dont know if its going to be a replace all the batteries, or just the ones that are not holding and taking full charge. So they dont know what the cost will be, and they also dont know if there is going to be a charge to the owner for disposal..... that could be some big buck. The guy that works part time with us also does Toyota shows.... his take..... the hybrid suv vs the non hybrid isnt that much of a gas savings.... so is the upfront price of the hybrid worth it ? Now if you are talking prius, or some other small (corolla) size vehicle and she drives your daughter to and from school, soccer, dance ect alot and mainly does city driving then thats a plus. Get on line and see what you can find. If you need, I can give you the guy I was talking about a shout to call you.
Thanks for your input Jody....I read some of these issues in the Consumer reports articles. I might be looking for a Sedan instead of the SUV....the whole point is for her to get the best MPG....not just a little bit better. I agree that with another SUV/Hybrid they don't save that much more...but I guess If your schlepping a bunch of kiddos around a lot....its better than nothing.

Bottom line here is that I showed her a couple of Hybrids online....and they were like around 30k used ! She said " well,....never mind...I thought they would be cheaper ??? " Lol. But I only showed her a few of them and they were like the highest priced ones. Sweet ! Now I can get my DD tires for the Volks ! Hankook V-12's all around !

I hope work isn't keeping you too busy & tired....just remember, at least you have a job !
Old 05-01-2011, 08:59 PM
JLS2GOZ

Default Bin laden

The sound of gun shots awoke me.....

IT WAS THE SOUND OF SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET REVENGE

WE GOT HIS A$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

I like this one !
Attached Thumbnails DFW's Lounge-obama.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 PM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Z buddies!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Sup guys!

Miss all you fuggers!

I'm up in Seattle still, I visit for the weekend this Friday....

I return Sunday and I'm done May 14th!! cant wait to come back to Texas!

Job is keeping me busy and super excited...Ive been working on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_747-8
I'm in the building with the painted blue doors about 5 pics down..

I kinda kicked up my old hobby of mountain biking.....I went riding with my brother in law one day when i was back in SA and that got me all into it again!
been scouring bike shops all over Seattle.........I found this one bike shop that had it all......packing my bag full of parts on my return trips...
I have some rebuild work on my mountain bike when i return to SA! cant wait to hit the trails.....

Also, when i get settled in SA ill be hitting this place up regularly:
http://harrishillroad.com/

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 05-02-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:39 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

what it is J! looks like you will be home in no time buddy.. dang - took long enough ( I know its worth it, hands down!)

That harris hill road thing looks bad a$$! Hurry up and settle in so us DFW folks can cruise down for a mini meet at J's!

Miss ya too bud.. Glad your getting in the groove of the ol mountain biking action..bet its FUN in SA...
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Meant to post this pic with my last post.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:07 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

^^so how is the tear down going Stephen?

whats being done on the 370?
Old 05-03-2011, 07:12 AM
ImportedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AcidJake75
^^so how is the tear down going Stephen?

whats being done on the 370?
Customer 370Z just added the HKS exhaust, omgoose it looked and sounded so freakin hott dude!

Tear down is well underway, heat wrapping starts tomorrow, hopefully we will be adding Momentum Headers and 3 inch exhaust as well as some bigger injectors... E85 baby!!!

Maybe even do a port and polish with stage 2 turbo cams on the heads.... We will have a dyno day map as well as our race map.

Last edited by ImportedPerformance; 05-03-2011 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

So when you gonna get to drive it at an AutoX or Time trials event ?

Quick Reply: [DFW]: DFW's Lounge