Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: H-Town's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

No, I didn't register, good luck on the show.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Suavion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone I have a quick question. My Z was recently in an accident and i'm trying to replace my headlights with some aftermarket head lights shown here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2005-NI...ht_8363wt_1397

But I have an 05 enthusiast convertible model, and I think I have xenon HID's stock. So my questions are.

1. Is there a place here in houston I can buy those type of lights for my car model? Or a trustworthy website?

2. I also want to upgrade my lights to about 8K or 10k, do I need to purchase a kit or just buy the bulbs since my car has HIDS already?

Please help me, this is the last item needed for me to drive my car again, i'm paying a Z car note and i'm not even driving it because of a bastard drunk driver. Thank you for you time...
Old 08-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Ryaano18

Originally Posted by Suavion
Hello everyone I have a quick question. My Z was recently in an accident and i'm trying to replace my headlights with some aftermarket head lights shown here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2005-NI...ht_8363wt_1397

But I have an 05 enthusiast convertible model, and I think I have xenon HID's stock. So my questions are.

1. Is there a place here in houston I can buy those type of lights for my car model? Or a trustworthy website?

2. I also want to upgrade my lights to about 8K or 10k, do I need to purchase a kit or just buy the bulbs since my car has HIDS already?

Please help me, this is the last item needed for me to drive my car again, i'm paying a Z car note and i'm not even driving it because of a bastard drunk driver. Thank you for you time...
I wouldnt get those lights, aftermarket projector light will burn out due to the HID. If you want OEM style headlight light may i recommend AutoFit Houston. I cant guarantee you that they will have what you are looking for but its a good place to check out. google their website for stock inventory.

Why do you want to go to 8K or 10K? they higher the number it only gets blue-er and then purple-er and also are less intense. the factory 4-6k is the most intense and best for the late night driving.

edit: Maybe its time for the 06+ 350z Headlights!

Last edited by Ryaano18; 08-16-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Suavion

Originally Posted by Ryaano18
I wouldnt get those lights, aftermarket projector light will burn out due to the HID. If you want OEM style headlight light may i recommend AutoFit Houston. I cant guarantee you that they will have what you are looking for but its a good place to check out. google their website for stock inventory.

Why do you want to go to 8K or 10K? they higher the number it only gets blue-er and then purple-er and also are less intense. the factory 4-6k is the most intense and best for the late night driving.

edit: Maybe its time for the 06+ 350z Headlights!
Thanks for replying so quickly Ryaano18, I really appreciate that! I just like the style of that light, I didn't know that they burned out so easily. if autofit has the style i'm looking for then ill get them.

I wanted to go 8k because of the blueish tint, I like the way it looks, I've always wanted the deep blue style lighting. I don't wanna go purple though lol.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Ryaano18

Thanks for replying so quickly Ryaano18, I really appreciate that! I just like the style of that light, I didn't know that they burned out so easily. if autofit has the style i'm looking for then ill get them.

I wanted to go 8k because of the blueish tint, I like the way it looks, I've always wanted the deep blue style lighting. I don't wanna go purple though lol.
No problem, i usually keep my350 tabbed on my internet at work lol

Yea ebay lights are notorious for the projector to "melt" under the discharge of the bulb, they are typically made for halogen bulbs.

And yes 8k would be the borderline of good intensity of light produced that can light up the road. anything higher and it will do you know good. if you go aftermarket HID i would suggest googling "HID install 350z" as i am not an expert with lighting. But if its like any other car, just get the HID kit, it comes with a 2 ballasts, 2 bulbs, and a relay with wiring and should be plug and play (for the most part)

Hopefully someone else can chime in on that since i dont know the details of the 350z headlight wiring.

Most guys typically get the 06 headlights and maintain its Factory-ness
Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Suavion

ok, I thought about about doing the 06 headlights but I want my Z to have a different look. I will take your advice about the ebay lights though lol. and with the hid lighting, I think I might check out this place located in katy.....**** that drive though haha!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Ryaano18

ok, I thought about about doing the 06 headlights but I want my Z to have a different look. I will take your advice about the ebay lights though lol. and with the hid lighting, I think I might check out this place located in katy.....**** that drive though haha!
Different is not always best. Remember "you get what you pay for" and at $250 for a pair of lights with dual projectors.... so 4 projectors total... that should throw a red flag lol

you can get the 06 headlights, send them to this guy on my350 in the media share that customizes them (i forget his name but its somewhere in there) and get them black housed, STI mod, iron man mod, halos etc

whats the place called? i live like 10 minutes from katy lol
Old 08-16-2012, 06:15 PM
marcuz

If you your wanting to get some cheap headlights I have some off of my old z...they are black housed headlights with the orange strip taken out...they aren't perfect but are functional and they are oem hid assemblies! Let me know they also come complete with ballast and bulbs
Old 08-21-2012, 12:48 AM
khalafrommy17

Originally Posted by oz_kidd
So it sounds like the next CCM(cupcake meet) will be in Houston around fall time. It would be nice to see Dallas friends again.
When is the next houston meet? crazy how it seems houston is low on the Z scene these days... or maybe i'm just in a parallel universe where mustang and camarslows are the norm..
Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by khalafrommy17
When is the next houston meet? crazy how it seems houston is low on the Z scene these days... or maybe i'm just in a parallel universe where mustang and camarslows are the norm..
I think due to the age of the Z33. Its going on 10yrs old now. Those that bought them 10yrs ago have since moved on from owning them. Those that have kept them have 10yrs of life behind them. Marriage, children, work, retirement, moved, etc...

I currently planning on my next R&R in late January. I've been brain storming ideas for a January event. A lot of things to considered though. 1) Weather. Nobody wants to stand around in 30-40 degree temps. So give me some time and I'll come up with something. Hopefully we can get a large event going.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Ryaano18

Yup, its been a while since i been to a meet, especially a Z/G meet. Will be keeping a eye out for the next one!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:23 AM
khalafrommy17

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I think due to the age of the Z33. Its going on 10yrs old now. Those that bought them 10yrs ago have since moved on from owning them. Those that have kept them have 10yrs of life behind them. Marriage, children, work, retirement, moved, etc...

I currently planning on my next R&R in late January. I've been brain storming ideas for a January event. A lot of things to considered though. 1) Weather. Nobody wants to stand around in 30-40 degree temps. So give me some time and I'll come up with something. Hopefully we can get a large event going.
sounds good to me. although i kind of have to disagree with you on people moving on. Z's especially Z33 is absolutely timeless. at least they are to me! I don't care what happens baby, family, whatever the case may be i think she'll be with me. Looking forward to a Z..G meet. I've been to the planet zero meet and met some people from a club called "whattehfitment" but thats about all
Old 08-25-2012, 06:57 AM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Robert, you need to set a HMSR track day up for the Houston Z guys!
Old 08-25-2012, 07:06 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

sounds good to me. although i kind of have to disagree with you on people moving on. Z's especially Z33 is absolutely timeless. at least they are to me! I don't care what happens baby, family, whatever the case may be i think she'll be with me. Looking forward to a Z..G meet. I've been to the planet zero meet and met some people from a club called "whattehfitment" but thats about all
I agree with Robert on this. I've owned the Z since '05 and a lot of local members have sold their car and moved on to new projects. However; I have Z friends who still have their Z. This car can be a timeless piece but it's going through a transition right now and I'm seeing a new wave of owners (mostly young) joining this forum with the same exciting attitude you have... I had back in '05'.

Bought my car with 6 miles on it and now it has 78K. I don't plan on keeping my car forever... it'll be mine until it's time to let go.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Originally Posted by Voboy
Robert, you need to set a HMSR track day up for the Houston Z guys!
I'm not sure the interest is there.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure the interest is there.
Even if expanded to the Z club of Houston? That's depressing!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Curious if anyone would be interested in a cruise/fun run to Corpus Christi end of January '13? Pretty much a large "VQ" cruise?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:59 AM
khalafrommy17

Curious if anyone would be interested in a cruise/fun run to Corpus Christi end of January '13? Pretty much a large "VQ" cruise?
i'm dizzle
Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM
kuyo

dunno about the track but with the attendance of the last galveston cruise, with 50+ Z's & G's. Decent meets still can happen
Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM
ZKansasZ

mustang and camaro, especially new one, are sweet

lol I am guilty, Robert

when did you get the z?
datsun is a timeless machine
z33, however, is not.
I am not bashing it. It was the love of mine for a long *** time, until 370z came out
it's unfortunate, but it is the nature of the game...
I still have a few closed friend driving z and I still love them z, a lot too.
Robert's z, Stogey's z, 350zspeed's z, mr.cf's z, mike's z, etc are some of the best 350z I know around here...

Quick Reply: [Houston]: H-Town's Lounge