Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: H-Town's Lounge

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Kirbaaybaayy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marcuz
Im running 245.40 on a 10" wide wheel and the stretch is nothing extreme...running the 245.45 should be fine on 10.5"

besides what wheels did you decide to go with?
im pretty sure im getting varrstoen just because of the price and nothing i like is that cheap they all suck until you get in the 2k range haha
Old 01-25-2011, 05:56 AM
Kirbaaybaayy

Originally Posted by ZKansasZ
who is the exhaust expert in here?
im not an expert but whats up?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:24 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirbaaybaayy
Old 01-25-2011, 06:41 AM
marcuz

im pretty sure im getting varrstoen just because of the price and nothing i like is that cheap they all suck until you get in the 2k range haha
sounds good bro...keep us informed on the progress...
Old 01-25-2011, 09:59 AM
CORNELL

Originally Posted by Old School
word. I like going fast...not lookin trendy...but to each his own.
Just like the stretch this is also a matter of opinion...

Plenty of guys in the aggressive thread are turbo and stretching a 285/35 on 12" wide wheels royalT is even goung ls powered. But the debate of tire width = traction could go on for ever.

Kibayybayy i understand ur wanting to keep the tires u just bought but i dont think varrstoen makes 18s in those widths only the 19s
Old 01-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Ataru074

Originally Posted by CORNELL
Plenty of guys in the aggressive thread are turbo and stretching a 285/35 on 12" wide wheels royalT is even goung ls powered. But the debate of tire width = traction could go on for ever.
I disagree.. we can debate forever about "style" and what is trendy or not on a Z or whatever car... pure opinions...
how a street or r-compound or race tire works and how should be optimally coupled with a rim shouldn't be matter of debate.. there are hard facts and enough "racing literature" to explain that.

of course there is a range where is just about "feeling" preferences and trade off of pure grip against "precision feel"... but the stretched look is out of functionality as well a "full donuts" look for a street tire.

just IMHO.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:25 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ataru074
I disagree.. we can debate forever about "style" and what is trendy or not on a Z or whatever car... pure opinions...
how a street or r-compound or race tire works and how should be optimally coupled with a rim shouldn't be matter of debate.. there are hard facts and enough "racing literature" to explain that.

of course there is a range where is just about "feeling" preferences and trade off of pure grip against "precision feel"... but the stretched look is out of functionality as well a "full donuts" look for a street tire.

just IMHO.
exactly. 12 wheel with a tire thats really too small for the wheel does not help matters....you need side wall for cornering on a road course...and if its stretched out...kiss your lip goodbye. Doing it wrong just so it looks different is no reason to f*ck up a good set of tires. If you just wanna look pretty, then they serve their purpose...but I like getting sideways and actually using all that money I have under the hood, suspension, etc...so I put the optimal tire size for my rims so that I have maximum contact patch for running my car. If I cared what everyone else thought about how my sh*t looked, I wouldn't be running 5zigen FNs with correct tire sizes on em.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Kirbaaybaayy

Just like the stretch this is also a matter of opinion...

Kibayybayy i understand ur wanting to keep the tires u just bought but i dont think varrstoen makes 18s in those widths only the 19s
actually they just came out with them!! here is there spec page

http://varrstoen.com/VARRSTOEN%20SIZ...ART%20v2.0.pdf
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 PM
marcuz

Originally Posted by Old School
exactly. 12 wheel with a tire thats really too small for the wheel does not help matters....you need side wall for cornering on a road course...and if its stretched out...kiss your lip goodbye. Doing it wrong just so it looks different is no reason to f*ck up a good set of tires. If you just wanna look pretty, then they serve their purpose...but I like getting sideways and actually using all that money I have under the hood, suspension, etc...so I put the optimal tire size for my rims so that I have maximum contact patch for running my car. If I cared what everyone else thought about how my sh*t looked, I wouldn't be running 5zigen FNs with correct tire sizes on em.
You do have a point there bro...If i had all those mods that you have and time to go to the track then maybe i would reconsider my choice on tire sizes...but i dont and i really dont care what people think about function over form as long as it what you like...but just because your rocking a 10k dollar car with 80k dollars worth of parts doesnt mean you cant stretch some tire to run a daily setup if you preferred...most of us here dont have that kind of money to own a car like yours or others that spend lots of money under the hood like you...so we do what we can to gain some kind of attention... but each to there own

actually they just came out with them!! here is there spec page

http://varrstoen.com/VARRSTOEN%20SIZ...ART%20v2.0.pdf
with that said bro glad you found some wheels you want and like and we hope your tires will fit your needs... cant wait to see

Last edited by marcuz; 01-25-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:42 PM
CORNELL

Old school i respect that your car has a sleeper look but the Z in stock form gets more unwanted attention by ricers wanting to challenge it than i hoped for. And mateo i love every vid of your car doin what the Z was meant for...

BUT i do believe you guys are only giving your opinions, you might as well be commenting on my clothes. Although jeans serve a purpose plenty of people buy them with holes already in them, does that defeat the purpose...

I always felt that if a guy needs to put a 315 rear tire for the piece of mind he can out run someone with skinnier tires by all means do so. There is no universal setup any one car can have you pretty much have to build for 1 thing be it looks, drag, drift, autox, street racing because the best setup generally doesnt work for another.

Last edited by CORNELL; 01-25-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Do it however you want....just sayin.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:22 AM
Ataru074

I always felt that if a guy needs to put a 315 rear tire for the piece of mind he can out run someone with skinnier tires by all means do so. There is no universal setup any one car can have you pretty much have to build for 1 thing be it looks, drag, drift, autox, street racing because the best setup generally doesnt work for another.
that's right... your/his money, taste and objective.
but there is a difference between designer jeans with holes and a stretched look.

with "holes in the jeans" you might get some air to your junk... and in texas that isn't too bad...
with a "quite stretched" look you risk to damage rims or blow sidewalls in the tires easy... with all the consequences of that.

just saying.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 AM
CORNELL

Lol nice!

Mateo i would think at your ride height (like mine) you would avoid potholes and hazards all together and extreme cases is why you got a daily.

Im sure the form>function guys stick to being show cars and us speed lovers are not
Old 01-26-2011, 05:20 AM
350junkie

personally Function>anything.

I've driven a car that no one would be seen dead in, but that thing would turn a 9.5-10 sec 1/4 mile in a heartbeat.

If I had 2,000 to drop on a car for rims or something else I'd be looking at carbon fiber panels and recaro seats.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:22 AM
Kirbaaybaayy

ohh ya cornell you never told me what you drive now.. haha i wana see it
Old 01-26-2011, 06:06 AM
ZKansasZ

Originally Posted by Robert_K
After you read this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...st-h-pipe.html

Then continue with my post, plz:
I know many people dont like this idea, but...
Say, if I extend my Hpipe just like the way HKS does to its Hpipe, would it decrease the sound/drone on my GreddyTT?
I know it'd decrease air flow but since it has bigger, dual pipes, I dont really mind.
what do you think????

Oh and resonators are not optional since there is no space for them.
Xpipe is an option but I want to see this Hpipe option first.

Thanks, guys!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:11 AM
CORNELL

$2,000 would be 1 nice recaro seat. Seriously u need a lot more than that to spend on a car, my wheels were double that before tires and lugs!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:24 AM
ZKansasZ

will you guys stop the endless debate and focus on my exhaust issue?
it's all about ME ME ME in here, mmmkkk?

:-)
Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

< - - - - form over function here...
Old 01-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Ataru074

Lol nice!

Mateo i would think at your ride height (like mine) you would avoid potholes and hazards all together and extreme cases is why you got a daily.

Im sure the form>function guys stick to being show cars and us speed lovers are not
that's true... driving my around was just too annoying... on the track there is only one place where I scrape the front.... and is getting out of the oval at TWS and just barely. on the road I can't pretty much go anywhere unless is quite "perfect"...

trailer queen kind of guys don't have any issue usually.

Quick Reply: [Houston]: H-Town's Lounge