Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Dealer dinged my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 08:37 AM
gooters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer dinged my car

I dropped my car off at Grubbs Nissan over the holiday. I am really mad because I didnt inspect the car super closely when I picked it up.

At any rate, I picked the car up...drove to work (empty parking lot, was a holiday). Then drove my car home and parked it facing a curb.

The next time I pull my car out and go wash it...I notice two small impressions on my front bumper above the air intake. There was also a new nick in my clear bra. I know for a fact that I never hit anything after picking it up...I also know that it was in perfect condition when I dropped it off.

What to do?? I already showed it to my service guy and he said that I would have to bring it back to show his supervisor. He was already making reasons that they could not have done it though.

They had my car for about 15 days.
Old 01-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Primaltone

I know exactly how you feel, as a very similar thing happened to me. When picking my car up from the dealer after service, I noticed that the dealer had scratched my roof exterior. They denied that they did (long story), but eventually offered ot buff it out for me. It now looks worse than it did before, but it only shows up under florescent lights. I called the general service manager, and they have offered to pay to have the roof fixed correctly. I still need to find a good place in KY to fix it right.

My advice: first talk to the general service mangager. Skip the service guy at the counter - he's useless. If this doesn't work, contact Nissan USA (I did). Finally, don't forget to rip them a new one in their survey they send to you. "EXCELLENT" my A$$!!!! I'm still ticked....
Old 01-03-2004, 10:54 AM
gooters

thx...we'll see Monday.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:22 PM
toykilla

damn dude that sucks
Old 01-04-2004, 10:11 AM
Bankheist

yeah, skip right to the top. The guy who runs the entire service department. Go to him first.

If that doesnt work, demmand to see the owner.

You'll look like a little ***** to them, but its your car and your property, they should respect it.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Bobby C 01TA

Dealer will probably say anything to get out of it.. !@#$% ewing pontiac scratched up my TA on the front where the headlight cover is and I noticed it right away and I bitched about it..i was furious and even after they fixed it and gave me a rental, they still did a shi++y job on the fix "thats the way we do stuff around here".. ya right ..if i was paying u 600 bucks for it it would have looked lot better.. anyways.. i reported them to GM headquarters
Old 01-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Beaker02

So far my dealer has been really good about stuff like that (Central Valley Nissan in Modesto). I have to give them a thumbs up. They've screwed up a few times but have always made it right.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:41 PM
zcardave

Gooters,
ask them for the name of the Nissan Rep for your area. If for some reason they won't give it to you (and trust me, they'll try six ways to Sunday to prevent letting you get to him), contact Nissan at 1-800-NISSAN1 and ask who the Nissan Rep is for that dealership. Explain to them that you would like to file a complaint against that dealership, if that's possible.

Be polite, but be firm during the whole process.
Best of luck !
zcardave
Old 01-06-2004, 05:03 AM
gooters

Thanks, the service manager offered to pay 1/3 of the repair cost, since I had two small nicks in my bumper already. I told her that this was not acceptable.

I am calling the GM today, if that doesnt work, I am glad to know I still have some recourse.

Thanks for the advise guys...dave.

To complicate the issue, I have a clearbra...but I plan on being polite but insistant, as I have thus far.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:21 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Good luck, Graham. Hope it works out and they really fix their screw up.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Bankheist

100% cost

and let them know what douche bags they are as well and that the longer this process goes on, the more their creditability goes down.

hell... it could lead into this ... http://myaudittsucks.com/

-Kevin
Old 01-08-2004, 04:47 AM
gooters

4:30 appointment scheduled this afternoon with the GM. Should be interesting.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:00 AM
zcardave

GO GETTUM TIGER !!!

Keep us posted on what happens.
zcardave

Last edited by zcardave; 01-08-2004 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:27 PM
gooters

Terry (the GM) was very cordial. He spend a few minutes looking at it and then a few minutes with his service manager. He told me that he wanted me to call him early next week and set up a time when he and his body shop manager could look at it with me.

He basically told me that he would see what it would take to fix the area they dinged and maybe even the two nicks I already had in my bumper.

I know Im not out of the woods yet, but he seemed amicable, so I am hopeful. I will update by the end of next week.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 01-08-2004, 08:12 PM
toykilla

quite honestly it would take their body shop a whole 4 hours of work to paint the whole bumper.. a new bumper is 200$ and im sure there cost is half that.. so they could IMO do the job for about 100$ and a few man hours..

if u remember i had my front end repainted... so if u need anymore info let me know
Old 01-09-2004, 07:29 AM
gooters

Cool....thanks Josh. Don't forget my clearbra though, just to complicate things a little.

Honestly, after reading your post...I think I would skip the bra next time and just repaint every year or two.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Hey Ya

Originally posted by toykilla

if u remember i had my front end repainted... so if u need anymore info let me know
How is yours holding up after repainting? I saw the front end of another Z that was repainted and after a few thousand miles (I believe) with the new paint it was holding up much better than the factory paint. Mine's been beat up since 1500 miles

Last edited by Hey Ya; 01-09-2004 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Bankheist

Originally posted by toykilla
yeah, and I'm sure you have rockchips all over it... Just like I said you would
Old 01-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Bankheist

Originally posted by gooters
Cool....thanks Josh. Don't forget my clearbra though, just to complicate things a little.

Honestly, after reading your post...I think I would skip the bra next time and just repaint every year or two.
Really? you'd spend $1200 to $1500 every two years? Instead of a good clean and perfect install over a quality product that costs $800? and should last at least 4 years?

lets do the math.... average of 1200 and 1500 = 1350

times that by two (2 years by 2 = 4)

4*1350 = 2700

2700>800

not to mention the 4-7 work days for someone to paint your car. as opposed to the 4 hours for a professional 3M film being installed.

After looking at that, if anyone is interested in a quality protection film for their Z... please contact me.

-Kevin
Old 01-10-2004, 05:25 AM
Hey Ya

Originally posted by Bankheist
Really? you'd spend $1200 to $1500 every two years? Instead of a good clean and perfect install over a quality product that costs $800? and should last at least 4 years?

lets do the math.... average of 1200 and 1500 = 1350

times that by two (2 years by 2 = 4)

4*1350 = 2700

2700>800

not to mention the 4-7 work days for someone to paint your car. as opposed to the 4 hours for a professional 3M film being installed.

After looking at that, if anyone is interested in a quality protection film for their Z... please contact me.

-Kevin
It's really that much to paint the bumper? One of the guys I talked to said it cost him $250 and I looked at it pretty close and didn't notice any chips. From what I've read, I thought it was a problem with the factory paint so new paint would hold up better.

Not that a clear-bra is a bad idea, they seem to help a lot, but it would be a lost cause on my car (without repainting first).

Quick Reply: Dealer dinged my car