Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Cruisin' Houston, Sat. Nite

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 08:38 PM
zcardave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruisin' Houston, Sat. Nite

This coming Saturday, the 21st,
The Z Club of Houston will be hosting another of our Saturday Nite Cruises.
Due to popular demand with our members, this one will be up around the 1960/290 Area.

As always, everyone is invited.
Members of the Houston Nissan Enthusiasts Group are planning on joining us, which always makes for an even more fun event !

Be sure to check our website @ www.zcar.org for any last minute changes....
Here are the directions from the event master...Chris O'Bannion:

Meet at Acadmey parking lot at 290 and 1960. Leave parking lot at 7:30pm and making a right on to 1960. Take 1960 to jones rd, make a left. Re group at Kroger in a strip center 12340 Jones RD. Make right out of Kroger and go to Cypress Wood. Make right on to cypress wood. Go to Champion Forest dr. make right. Got to 1960 make right. Follow 1960 to the last signal before 249. Make right into strip center. There is no name posted at that light but there is a big strip center with starbucks and chipoltle it will be easy to find. It should be part of The Commons at Willobrook.

At the meeting place there is a Johnny Carinos, and MC Donnalds in the parking lot with us. On the highway 6 side of 290 there is Applebees, IHOP, Chillis, Jamba juice, i believe subway.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:00 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave, why don't you all stop by a little ice cream shop called Oscar's after the cruise? It is in the Old Navy shopping center next to Target at 1960 and Verteran's Memorial Drive. There is a weekly car meet held there on Saturdays. The meet runs from 9pm till midnight. The property owner's approval has already been established. There are at least 200-300 cars that show up. Would be cool to see a mess of Zs rolling in. I will be out of town on Saturday during the day. I hope to get back in town in time for the meet. Maybe I will see you there!
Old 08-20-2004, 09:53 AM
zcardave

Tru...
GREAT idea !

I'll throw it at the event master and see if he wants to do that (ice-cream?....I'm THERE dudes!).

Sounds like it would be a nice addition to the cruise...don't see why not. We ended one of our Westheimer Cruises at Marble Slab Ice Creamery...and it proved to be a bit hit.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hope to see you there.
My Z has the (rear only) license plate: WE A Z
and chrome stock wheels.
zcardave
Old 08-21-2004, 08:10 AM
Enron Exec

Hi again Dave,

I will certainly try to meet you guys for the cruise. I too hope we can end it at the Oscar's Creamery meet because there are literally 200-300 cars and ppl by 10 PM. By 10:30, groups of car clubs will begin to show up. It would be wonderfull to have one night where we can get 20+ Z cars and horde a section of the parking lot. The meet's participants are usually in their teens or early twenties, but we've managed to keep the infractions to the rules to a minumum.

Wayne

Originally posted by zcardave
Tru...
GREAT idea !

I'll throw it at the event master and see if he wants to do that (ice-cream?....I'm THERE dudes!).

Sounds like it would be a nice addition to the cruise...don't see why not. We ended one of our Westheimer Cruises at Marble Slab Ice Creamery...and it proved to be a bit hit.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hope to see you there.
My Z has the (rear only) license plate: WE A Z
and chrome stock wheels.
zcardave
Old 08-22-2004, 09:13 PM
zcardave

Enron,
did you ever make it out? I ran into TruBluZ...in fact, I was standing there when you called him about running late.

Sorry I missed you if you did. I pulled out about 10:05pm for the hour+ drive home (work came mighty early the next morning).

I think we had about 15-18 Z's of various vintage.
I was pleasantly suprised with the turnout...especially the way it was lightening all around us.
If the weather had been better, I think this cruise would have been huge (I had a lot of interested emails).

The cruise was really cool, and the Oscar's Parking Lot was a hoot. A great way to end a great evening....AND NO RAIN !!!

We'll be working out another route soon, in a different part of town....probably somewhere in the North-East Area.
I'll let you know when we do.
zcardave

Last edited by zcardave; 08-22-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:27 AM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enron,
did you ever make it out? I ran into TruBluZ...in fact, I was standing there when you called him about running late.
zcardave
Dave,

He did make it out. He decided to wait until AFTER you guys rolled out before he showed. After you left, the parking lot got PACKED! There were people everywhere. I think I left at 11:30ish and people were still coming in! Great to see you guys there.

G
Old 08-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Enron Exec

Enron,

Sorry I missed you if you did. I pulled out about 10:05pm for the hour+ drive home (work came mighty early the next morning).

I think we had about 15-18 Z's of various vintage.
I was pleasantly suprised with the turnout...especially the way it was lightening all around us.
If the weather had been better, I think this cruise would have been huge (I had a lot of interested emails).

The cruise was really cool, and the Oscar's Parking Lot was a hoot. A great way to end a great evening....AND NO RAIN !!!

We'll be working out another route soon, in a different part of town....probably somewhere in the North-East Area.
I'll let you know when we do.
zcardave
I think I showed up as some of you where rolling out. I saw a couple 350Zs heading South on Veterans Memorial at the 1960 intersection. TruBlu told me about the large showing, Im sad i was so late to the party.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:32 PM
zcardave

Wayne,
was that you I saw cruising Westheimer this evening around 3:30pm ?

I was doing an appraisal for a guy in Pennsylvania and was test driving a dark green 240Z with Panasport Wheels.
We were heading East.
I THINK that was you....it went by at an "enhanced" speed
zcardave
Old 09-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Enron Exec

Wayne,
was that you I saw cruising Westheimer this evening around 3:30pm ?

I was doing an appraisal for a guy in Pennsylvania and was test driving a dark green 240Z with Panasport Wheels.
We were heading East.
I THINK that was you....it went by at an "enhanced" speed
zcardave
Heheheh, that wasnt me. I was looking at some guy's R33 Skyline on the SW side of town.