Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kids...This is why you should always invest in your own wideband O2 sensor/gauge.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:10 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how did you measure your A/F this time if Z1 was wrong? You gotta remember A/F is a fickle thing. I noticed Z1 uses the Dynojet sniffer for A/F which means it gets the readings from the tail pipe. Where did you get these new A/F readings from that you are basing your findings on?
Old 01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
screaminz
Banned

Thanks for your input Chris but at this point in time I really don't feel like going over this matter again. If you read my post which I'm sure you did, then you would understand...
screaminz
Old 01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
850glt

I got my flas done at Altered...my car didnt take well to the flash but Mike worked with it a little and it feels better now, still it doesnt feel faster to me but after i get my headers on Im hoping it will start to feel right
Old 01-12-2005, 04:39 PM
zzzya

tail pipe sniffers are not always the most accurate, however a good dyno shop will usually know their equipment and how it compares to wideband readings, or at least the dyno shop I went to did.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:35 PM
screaminz
Banned

Well now I have no idea to whom to believe. Z1motoring told me they dynoed several cars today just to make sure there dyno was working properly and it is ( so he told me). Technosquare tells me that Z1 must be incorrect and thats why my reflash is not right so who am I supposed to believe at this point in time? I'm so @#$% tired of this crap I'm ready to just get rid of the car... WTF!!!!
yammy2
Old 01-12-2005, 06:00 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude you'll feel better when TS gets your A/F right.

Like I said, mine was way worse than yours and I think I'm gonna pull thru alright
Old 01-12-2005, 06:13 PM
screaminz
Banned

I have made up my mind what Iam going to do at this point in time. Tomorrow I plan on calling TS to have them reflash my ecu back to stock and refund my money. Z1motoring took the time out todayto call me and check there machine just to make sure things were working properly and it was according to them. I can't begin to tell you all how much money I have spent trying to figure out and fix this problem but now I wish not to do it anymore. I honestly now feel the 2004 reflash for the 350z is not ready. Even from the very first flash it didn't feel any better than the way it was before after a few days. I will have my car re-dynoed after having TS reflash it back to stock just to make sure things aren't really screwed up.....
screaminz
Old 01-12-2005, 06:45 PM
King Tut

Good plan. Use that money to invest in a good wideband O2 setup, then get yourself something to tune the car with, find an open road and do about 20 runs down it tuning the car. . Then take it back to the dyno and do some fine tuning.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:00 AM
backagain

exactly what i said , glad to see you are doing the right thing... perhaps vortech sc with r4 software ?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:59 AM
TECHNOSQUARE

I will reflash your ECU back to stock if you'd like. It'll be sent back tonight.
Btw, here is a dyno from a 2004.5 with the exact same original program I intially installed on your car. Notice the A/F is right where it's supposed to be. This is also a tail-pipe sniffer and someone noted the A/F readings from this dyno were showing a little higher than what his wideband gauge read. But all in all, I will suggest you check for leaks in your exhaust system and I will send your ECU back with the stock program.
Attached Thumbnails 04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!-ronjung.jpg  
Old 01-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by TECHNOSQUARE
I will reflash your ECU back to stock if you'd like. It'll be sent back tonight.
Btw, here is a dyno from a 2004.5 with the exact same original program I intially installed on your car. Notice the A/F is right where it's supposed to be. This is also a tail-pipe sniffer and someone noted the A/F readings from this dyno were showing a little higher than what his wideband gauge read. But all in all, I will suggest you check for leaks in your exhaust system and I will send your ECU back with the stock program.

Tailpipe sniffer isnt as accurate?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:32 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
Tailpipe sniffer isnt as accurate?
wideband sensor before the cats is more accurate
Old 01-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by sentry65
wideband sensor before the cats is more accurate
Exactly my point...
Old 01-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hopefully it gets worked out for you..I know it can be a royal PIA, but its always best to ask the operator when the sniffer and filters (if the dyno is so equipped) were changed...not to bust *****, but to ensure you are getting accurate info

Adam
Old 01-13-2005, 09:55 PM
___DJK___

Originally posted by TECHNOSQUARE
Was this dyno chart from the Huntington beach dyno day last Saturday? His a/f was ok, but he was blowing black smoke and pinging at high RPMs. In fact, there were 4 Z's at that dyno that had a TS reflash and 3 of them were pinging, and 2 didnt even go all the way to redline because the pinging was so bad. Do you have an explanation for this? Is it the timing? How do you address timing and a/f exactly without dyno tuning?

Sorry for all the questions, its just I was very very interested in getting a TS reflash before that dyno day, now I am pretty skeptical about the whole thing.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:57 PM
TECHNOSQUARE

Hi DJK. We actually do dyno tune our cars. Of course, we cannot dyno tune everyone's ECU if their cars are across the nation. So we have maps made on cars with mods similar to what he has. With Ron's ECU, we still have things to tweak out because we just threw in screaminz' flash in there to see how it ran. As you can see, it's pretty darn rich.
As for the timing, I now know that our curve is a little aggressive after 5k. I will start changing that so people will be able to dyno their cars without the computer retarding the car. As far as I know, on street driving or racing, there isn't any pinging. Just on high load applications like a dyno.
Also, it was decently humid in the shop. If you have any more questions, please give me a call.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:10 PM
screaminz
Banned

Well as of now I have talked to Brian at Ts to have him put the last map back into the car. The only bad thing is now Brian promised I would have the ecu back today and now I have to wait until Monday. If I were to do it all again I would spend my $600+ on other mods because in my opinion the Reflash for the 2004 models is just not worth it. Now don't get me wrong I'm not flaming Ts but I believe they have alot of bugs to work out on the Reflash before it will be worth while. I do plan on having my car redynoed at another shop just to see where my A/F is so I will you all posted. On that note if my A/F readings are the same as above then without a doubt I will then know after using 2 different dynoes that the reflash is bad..

Yammy2
Old 01-14-2005, 03:14 PM
TECHNOSQUARE

FedEx experience. For you, we have to use $40 priority overnight (3 times now we ate the cost and you used our account 2 times too) to send you because regular overnight won't get to your house. Anyway, I showed up at 5:55pm and the latest they accept express is 6:15. So I don't know if that girl was having a bad day or not, but she would not let me drop yours off, while the other regular overnights I could leave. I asked for the manager, and of course, she's the manager. So I was SOL and went early to work today to drop off your package. All in all, all your posts of the reflash have been pointing fingers and I'm sorry if you feel that way. I now see that no matter how much I try to show other examples of our reflash or bend our company's rules to accomodate you, I get no where. I still believe you should get a wideband to know what your A/F is for sure and to check your exhaust for leaks.

Quick Reply: 04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!