Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:24 AM
screaminz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!

Well after having to send back my ecu to Technosquare for the second time here are my Results. I still just can't believe this crap.. Sorry the pic is so small but it wouldn't let me post any bigger. The yellow line is 11.5 and as you can see I'm WAY Lean.....
screaminz
Attached Thumbnails 04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!-350z-dyno-3-resized-1.jpg  
Old 01-09-2005, 08:40 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah join the club - mine's an 03 though, but still have the same lean problems with their flash

looking into the greddy emanage asap for my car. Just need money

just be glad you weren't in the 18's and 16's like me

Last edited by sentry65; 01-09-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:03 AM
ssc

i've not heard too much about the greddy emanage...this can be used instead of the TC reflash? is it supposed to be better?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:11 AM
johanna1

Why don't you try the Altered Atmosphere reflash? They seem to know alot about how it works. They did a great job on a Z that was on tuner transformation on speed channel. I would also check out the F-Con. Its $500-650 more then the emange, but is worth it too me.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:26 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't seem to find an f-con for the 350Z - they have all sorts of other cars it's available for though.

I've already paid technosquare $600 to do my flash, wouldn't altered atmosphere charge me full price also?

I'd just like my car to stop misfiring - which has been happening ever since I had my technosquare flash...

Last edited by sentry65; 01-09-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

there is an f con for the Z....must be tuned by a pro dealer though

the Altered Flash and Tech flash use the same technology
Old 01-09-2005, 09:48 AM
zzzya

Without having the car on a dyno and hooked up to Consult II as changes are being made, it is pretty damn hard to nail the tune just right. This is something that has been known for a very long time when doing an ECU reflash through the mail. It is simply part of the process. Once you have it right, you will be very happy. I was very happy with TS. Their turnaround time was stellar and their willingness to make the adjustments were no-nonsense.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:56 AM
johanna1

Altered uses the same stuff, but I think they have better maps. They have been doing some really good tuning. Altered is also a HKS F-CON Dealer and they can tune it. They said that they like the way it works and is easy for them to tune. Give them a call. They will help you with anything you need.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:27 AM
screaminz
Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't AA buy the hardware from TS so they can do it themselves? If thats the case one wouldn't be better than the other...
screaminz
Old 01-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Yes screaminz you are correct - all the flashing software comes from TS as they are the importer. However one thing to keep in mind is that the results of the flash are only as good as the data they have to work with (ie dryno runs, AFR plots, and as mentioned, preferably a datalog of some sort), as well as the person punching the keys.

Think of it like music - you can have this awesome band in the studio, with great mixer and the best equipment. If the guy working the board does not know how to turn it on though, what does it all mean?

I agree AA does good work with the flashes - Mike used my car as the base for lots of the maps they use as mine was one of the first NA cars they did a little over a year ago. But the best results will always come with a flash being done in person.

I would not dispair sentry - you are at least working with a good company. Remember their 04 flash is a new item so it may take a bit longer for them to complete than you want. But I would almost guarantee that if you work with them, they will work with you. I know it stinks to be down without a car each time you send the ecu out, but its cheaper to rent a car each day you do that than it is to ditch the flash and go with some other form of ecu tuning.

When we did my car at AA, I was literally there for 11 hours.....I cannot even tell you how many times we flashed the car to get it to the point where it is now, and I have been nothing short of happy since getting the car back.

Adam
Old 01-09-2005, 04:51 PM
screaminz
Banned

Thanks Adam for your help with my situation. I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if they want to try it again but with a A/F dyno so they can see what they are working with.. By the way Adam could you PM me a price on a UR Pulley for my 350z? I was qouted $550 for one at z1motorsports..
Cheersand thanks again,
screaminz
Old 01-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

you mean flywheel?

When you send your ecu back, send the dyno sheet, and request TS to send you back with the datalogs, to ensure you are not pulling timing (not sure if they can send this, but hopefully they can).
Old 01-09-2005, 07:00 PM
screaminz
Banned

I'm sorry I meant flywheel.
screaminz
Old 01-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

We have the flywheels in stock for $599 shipped

Let me know how you make out on the ecu....even though you are far, I'm happy to help anyway I can

Adam
Old 01-10-2005, 09:10 PM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!

Originally posted by screaminz
Well after having to send back my ecu to Technosquare for the second time here are my Results. I still just can't believe this crap.. Sorry the pic is so small but it wouldn't let me post any bigger. The yellow line is 11.5 and as you can see I'm WAY Lean.....
screaminz
You've given em a couple shots now Harry. I think its time to buy a SAFC or other air fuel tuner and give yourself a shot at tuning the car.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:52 AM
screaminz
Banned

I just might decide to do that if this doesn't work out Chris!!!
screaminz
Old 01-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

How do you know that dyno's 02 is working properly? When was the last time it was changed ?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:35 AM
screaminz
Banned

What do you mean changed? Whats to change?
screaminz
Old 01-11-2005, 06:12 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is talking about the air fuel sniffer that is attached to the Dynojet and gives the readings. I don't think they used an actuall O2 sensor, they use the dynojet sniffer in the tail pipe. I hope for the sake of the other 10+ cars that dynoed that day that the O2 was working properly.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:07 AM
screaminz
Banned

On the follow-up on my situation about my 04 reflash I have found that after having my car dynoed by Z1motoring in Carrollton, GA and having my A/F measured that the readings were WRONG. This is the 3rd time having my ecu reflashed from TS and going off of the A/F readings from the dyno chart I had Brian ricken it up but turns out it got alot Worse. My car now feels like a Fat-Pig with a Huge Loss in Power. Brian from TS is going to reflash my ecu again based on the last settings to when it was dynoed. Z1motoring has cost me & TS time and money for there inconvenience of not knowing or having the ability to run a decent shop. Those other dyno's that day I'm sure are off as well so to the others who had there's done don't trust the A/F readings much less the dyno numbers. This is my opinion based on my facts over the last week about this matter. Thanks again to TS for allowing me to send it back again to be fixed once and for all...
screaminz

Quick Reply: 04 Reflash Dyno Results!!!