Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Emange Ultimate NA Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:32 PM
zzzya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emange Ultimate NA Tuning

I just recently installed an Emanage Ultimate and I am having a lot of fun I got a great deal from Gman so I went with the EU over the UTEC. I am truly happy I did. I was worried about the timing differences but one thing that is nice about the Emanage is the data logging. It is very powerful and allows for easy tuning, even timing. I went into this blind without any base maps and was able to create my own maps to get my car running much stronger after only 3 runs on the highway. I had someone email me a copy of their map to see if I was truly going in the right direction, but the cars were too different and since I already have a specific TS reflash, my tuning needs were very different. I just wanted to post my experience thus far, because I have really found this product easy to use with excellent data logging capabilities. I can't stress this feature enough. For example, you can capture actual timing, rpms, inj duty cycle, A/F and various other inputs and put that against the map you have created to show you where in the map you should make changes. Very nice!! My car was pulling timing after 5000 rpms and not giving it back. That was quickly resolved by bumping the timing up at certain points along the map. The car was also running rich when I punched the throttle from low rpms until redline. Using the map tracing I was able to only change the A/F at specific points in the map to adjust the fuel during these events. Very good results!!! I am now going to need new rear tires much more often. I wish I had a local dyno, but there is no doubt the car is much more responsive and pulls hard until redline. Our local 1/4mile track opens in a few weeks, so I can compare my previous results to see the real world gains.

Last edited by zzzya; 03-30-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:37 AM
InsaneChink

i also have the custom TS reflash, but can you still run the EU over the flash? Does it help fine tune the car even more???
Old 03-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Dubai

I would love to see dyno numbers if possible..
Old 03-31-2006, 12:24 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds great, I'm assuming you hooked it up and tuned everything yourself. how difficult was it? I'm contemplating going this route myself.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:59 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by InsaneChink
i also have the custom TS reflash, but can you still run the EU over the flash? Does it help fine tune the car even more???
Yes, I have a lot of mods and worked with TS for a year through the mail trying to get everything right and we simply couldn't get it where it needed to be. We left it where I was getting the best results and I added the EU on top of the reflash to further fine tune.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:01 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by scarface9
I would love to see dyno numbers if possible..
My only dyno session was near Nashville when I visited Crawford's shop once. I am hoping I might be able to revisit in May sometime to see my current results.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:10 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
sounds great, I'm assuming you hooked it up and tuned everything yourself. how difficult was it? I'm contemplating going this route myself.
Yes, I was lucky on the install as I purchased an already wired autosport+greddy harnesses setup. Reading the manual, this would not have been hard, just time involved. I read through the manual and decided I only needed 2 maps to start, then left everything as was with no adjustments. I went out and logged data on some various type runs. Then I reviewed the runs and using the map tracing, I made adjustments where needed, then datalogged again with the same type of runs, made more adjustments and so on. Very easy and the datalogging features are worth the product itself as it makes the tuning fast and accurate.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:53 PM
Gman2004

zzzya I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the EU and that you figured it out pretty quick. I am especially happy to hear that you car is more responsive.

Did the mods ever fix the improper trader rating I gave you?
Old 03-31-2006, 06:56 PM
Gman2004

Make this your new sig.

I accidentally gave zzzya a negative trader rating. He was a pleasure to deal with and I would definately do business with him again.

I also made a thread asking to fix your rating.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....77#post2253177

Last edited by Gman2004; 03-31-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:08 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Make this your new sig.

I accidentally gave zzzya a negative trader rating. He was a pleasure to deal with and I would definately do business with him again.
Thank you, and thanks again for a great deal on this setup. I figured things out pretty quick and it really has made a big impact. I was a little scared at how much more the car was pulling in the upper rpms. The timing was simply not advanced enough. I have never felt like the rear end was going to kick out in the upper rpms of second gear while straight line accelerating .

It will be interesting to see how the stock ECU responds in the next week or two. If it does pull some timing or add some fuel back, it is pretty quick and easy to adjust the maps and yippy, back to where it needs to be. From what I have heard the stock ECU will only adjust so far until it gives up and map adjustments are no longer needed. My car has not been properly tuned since I had the cams installed, finally I am reaping the true benefits of all the mods I have spent money on
Old 03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are enjoying...and great deal.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:14 PM
InsaneChink

I already have the TS Reflash, but i want to NA tune my car a bit more. My question is if i take my car to a tuner like BSP, do i need to buy a UTEC or EU or does a tuner shop already have what they need to tune my car?? Sorry for the newb question but i couldnt quite find it in my "search".
Old 04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by InsaneChink
I already have the TS Reflash, but i want to NA tune my car a bit more. My question is if i take my car to a tuner like BSP, do i need to buy a UTEC or EU or does a tuner shop already have what they need to tune my car?? Sorry for the newb question but i couldnt quite find it in my "search".
You need an EU or UTEC to fine tune the A/F and timing with or without a reflash, or you could have standalone installed. Most reputable tuners should be able to work with the EU, the UTEC is a little more difficult and most standalones are pretty shop specific.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Question. Do you think you could have achieved where you are now w/o tuning on top of the TS reflash?
And sorry for a newbie question here. You have the EU and an extra harness? Does this extra harness make the EU install plug and play?

Thanks and great job on the install and tune. I have an 03 G sedan auto. It seems the early G autos might back off some ign timing inbetween shifts to help smooth out the shifting. I think this hurts performance and I was wondering of this device could eliminate some of these unneccessary timing retards?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Question. Do you think you could have achieved where you are now w/o tuning on top of the TS reflash?
And sorry for a newbie question here. You have the EU and an extra harness? Does this extra harness make the EU install plug and play?

Thanks and great job on the install and tune. I have an 03 G sedan auto. It seems the early G autos might back off some ign timing inbetween shifts to help smooth out the shifting. I think this hurts performance and I was wondering of this device could eliminate some of these unneccessary timing retards?
The additional harness is the Autosport harness which allows you to hook up the Greddy harnesses directly to it outside the car making the install easier and although not plug and play, this route doesn't mess with the stock wiring harness so that you can remove this setup without anyone having known it was there. This EU does allow for ignition adjustment for A/T shifts, which I am currently advancing timing just a little bit and like the results thus far.

The only way I could have gotten where I am with a reflash would be if I was on a dyno while they were making the adjustments to the ECU program. I worked with TS for over a year sending my ECU back and forth many many times and they said my program was already outside of all norms they were used to and since we had shipped the ECU so many times they would have to charge me more to keep going. I decided that I would stick with the best reflash to date and add another unit to tweak on top of the reflash. More money that way in the end, but I didn't see any real alternatives at that point. I keep datalogging and learning more and more about what seems to work and what doesn't with this car. I am also datalogging different driving conditions and different gears to see where the best overall balance needs to be. I wish I had access to a dyno here but still glad I have the empty back roads of Iowa to do some WOT runs on.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Thanks so much for your input. You having an auto really helps my research.
One more question. Is there anything that TS did to your ECU that you couldn't do (in theory) w/ the EU?
Old 04-12-2006, 08:55 AM
LaPuLaPu

Which wideband are you using to input the RPM signal into the EU?
Old 04-12-2006, 05:29 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Thanks so much for your input. You having an auto really helps my research.
One more question. Is there anything that TS did to your ECU that you couldn't do (in theory) w/ the EU?
They have adjusted the cam phasing which can not be done with the EU or UTEC.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:31 PM
zzzya

Originally Posted by LaPuLaPu
Which wideband are you using to input the RPM signal into the EU?
The RPM signal comes from the stock harness input going to the stock ECU. I am using the Innovate LC-1 wideband controller for A/F input.