Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UTEC 'Upgrade?'

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Havok_RLS2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone attempted to contact the creator of this program and ask if he'll add the 350z to the next version?
Old 05-06-2006, 06:47 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Actually he contacted some Z owners a while back to get logs for a Z version. Not sure whatever happened with it though. He did respond to email back then though and posts on the Evo forums.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Actually he contacted some Z owners a while back to get logs for a Z version. Not sure whatever happened with it though. He did respond to email back then though and posts on the Evo forums.
Could you try contacting him again to see if the Z version is still in the works? If he could release a version that could use the WB O2 sensors on the Z that would be just awsome and would require one less gadget to purchase.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
KPierson
Banned

Like I said above, the software works perfect for its intended purpose. I have logs now of my AEM wideband with my UTEC info.

I Emailed him and I haven't heard back from him yet. Like I said, the only two changes I could imagine would be to eliminate the spot for the OEM MAP since we don't have one and change one label from 'Hz' to 'VDC'.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:58 AM
aalzuhair

How did you manage that? ... I tried to have it to work with the UTEC but it does not .... or did I miss something?

Thanks,

Az

Last edited by aalzuhair; 05-07-2006 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:20 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I will try it myself first chance. Raining right now.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:43 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
How did you manage that? ... I tried to have it to work with the UTEC but it does not .... or did I miss something?

Thanks,

Az
What couldn't you get to work?

I got this software working with my UTEC and the UEGO guage.

I have the software set to EVO8 mode.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:53 AM
aalzuhair

I was talking about the software ... I have the UTEC on 9volts and the connected to my computer and that software is set on Evo8 with the correct port number .. but it does not work !!!
Old 05-07-2006, 12:45 PM
KPierson
Banned

It may not work outside of the car. You can't use the software to set any parimeters, just view and log them. I'm not sure if the UTEC will log when the car isn't running, and if it won't log then this software won't work.

The software works by sending a 1-6 to the UTEC (not sure which number). This sets the UTEC to log mode, and the UTEC shoots the data out of the port.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Havok_RLS2

We really need to have TurboXS take a look that this software. I'd reaaly like to see the UTEC's GUI look something like this one. The UTEC should have has a windows base GUI a long time ago IMHO.
If someone has a direct line to Tuboxs or Jermaine, could you please send hime the link to this thread and ask him to chime in with some information on future updates.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:50 PM
NETSHARK

Kevin, good news i was woundering if it will work for the Z Utec

I have good news too please could you try out this program, will do same as UTEC Logger maybe more ?

Its called UTEC Control Center UCC

http://www.geocities.com/biggerboogieman/ucc/

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Zexy

Sweet.

Does anybody know if the factory wideband o2 sensors for 04 and up Z's can be used for datalogging with this UTEC feature..If it works?

Last edited by Zexy; 05-07-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Zexy
Sweet.

Does anybody know if the factory wideband o2 sensors for 04 and up Z's can be used for datalogging with this UTEC feature..If it works?
Thats the question I wanna know.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:14 PM
KPierson
Banned

the software is set up to work with a wideband on a serial port, so I would assume it may work IF you can get a serial signal from your OEM wideband, which most likely won't happen.

The funny thing about this interface is that it was copyrighted from 2003-2006, meaning its been out for 3 years. TurboXS would have HAD to have seen this software at some point over the past three years.

UTEC has been very popular in the EVO and Suby world, and just because its new to us doesn't mean its new to the world.

I would love to know why TurboXS has yet to release a GUI interface for the UTEC.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by William@Altered
I can tell you guys that with our experience with the UTEC it is the way to go -
How do you mean?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:06 AM
jmussetter

Default MPS_UTECLogger author...

Hi guys, thank for bringing this forum to my attention. I have gotten several emails from some of you recently and they all pointed me here, so I figured this to be the best place to respond to everyone.

I am the author of the MPS_UTECLogger software.

This is true, however I wan't on these boards, but I did search around for posted logs samples which I came up empty handed. The ZUtec was pretty new, and all the searches ended up at a e-store who sold the utec but not any hits to someone who owned one that could send me logs.

Could you try contacting him again to see if the Z version is still in the works? If he could release a version that could use the WB O2 sensors on the Z that would be just awsome and would require one less gadget to purchase.
If someone were to send me logs (comma delimited format- aka Shift+1), along with the breakdown of all the column headers in order, it would be a good start to getting a ZUtec specific support added to the program.
Send log samples to UTECLogger@mpsav.com

The stock OEM WB O2 probably wouldn't be supported, because to be honest, they are not all that accurate, and I wouldn't tune to one for anything. You guys may have a better one than the Suby's are equipped with, but the WRX WB O2 sensors are reportedly 'only' good down to 12.0:1 AFR. However, personally, I wouldn't trust it with anything richer than 13.5:1 with my experience of comparing OEM sensor AFR (as reported by the UTEC) and a true WB like the LM-1 side by side.

-jason
Old 05-08-2006, 10:12 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

I'll try and grab you some logs on my way home tonight.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:16 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jmussetter
Hi guys, thank for bringing this forum to my attention. I have gotten several emails from some of you recently and they all pointed me here, so I figured this to be the best place to respond to everyone.

I am the author of the MPS_UTECLogger software.

This is true, however I wan't on these boards, but I did search around for posted logs samples which I came up empty handed. The ZUtec was pretty new, and all the searches ended up at a e-store who sold the utec but not any hits to someone who owned one that could send me logs.

If someone were to send me logs (comma delimited format- aka Shift+1), along with the breakdown of all the column headers in order, it would be a good start to getting a ZUtec specific support added to the program.
Send log samples to UTECLogger@mpsav.com

The stock OEM WB O2 probably wouldn't be supported, because to be honest, they are not all that accurate, and I wouldn't tune to one for anything. You guys may have a better one than the Suby's are equipped with, but the WRX WB O2 sensors are reportedly 'only' good down to 12.0:1 AFR. However, personally, I wouldn't trust it with anything richer than 13.5:1 with my experience of comparing OEM sensor AFR (as reported by the UTEC) and a true WB like the LM-1 side by side.

-jason
Thank you for taking an interest, and perhaps helping us. You rock.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a terrific find, and I appreciate the author getting involved.

Guys, this software is shareware, but honestly, I'd be willing to donate to the author. This guy put a ton of effort into creating this for the UTEC, and I noticed he will take PayPal donations. :thumbups:

Thanks again..

Quick Reply: UTEC 'Upgrade?'