35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

logs sent
Old 05-08-2006, 01:55 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the ball rolling on this software back in April. I am testing it out now. Works pretty good so far. Needs to be updated alittle more to work with the 350z. But all in all great job on his part.

http://www.dezignduo.com/UTI/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118

http://www.dezignduo.com/UTI/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127

You will need to create a user name to down load the file for the 350z.

Later
Aceman
Old 05-08-2006, 02:01 PM
KPierson
Banned

Jason,

Welcome to the boards!

As I posted at the beginning, the EVO settings all work fine, I can read vacuum/boost, AEM wideband, RPM, TPS, Timing, MAF (voltage, NOT Hz), and inj. duty cycle.

Although the dashboard shows the unit of measure to be Hz for the MAf the correct voltage is displayed (as compared to the voltage in Hyperterminal).

Also, we do not have a stock MAP sensor, so the guage constantly reads 0 for it. Finally, I noticed that in the logging tables, under vacuum, that any negative number had a - sign before each digit of each particular number (ie -1.4 reads -1.-4). Other then that, I have made several logs from the software and it works great!

Originally Posted by jmussetter
Hi guys, thank for bringing this forum to my attention. I have gotten several emails from some of you recently and they all pointed me here, so I figured this to be the best place to respond to everyone.

I am the author of the MPS_UTECLogger software.

This is true, however I wan't on these boards, but I did search around for posted logs samples which I came up empty handed. The ZUtec was pretty new, and all the searches ended up at a e-store who sold the utec but not any hits to someone who owned one that could send me logs.

If someone were to send me logs (comma delimited format- aka Shift+1), along with the breakdown of all the column headers in order, it would be a good start to getting a ZUtec specific support added to the program.
Send log samples to UTECLogger@mpsav.com

The stock OEM WB O2 probably wouldn't be supported, because to be honest, they are not all that accurate, and I wouldn't tune to one for anything. You guys may have a better one than the Suby's are equipped with, but the WRX WB O2 sensors are reportedly 'only' good down to 12.0:1 AFR. However, personally, I wouldn't trust it with anything richer than 13.5:1 with my experience of comparing OEM sensor AFR (as reported by the UTEC) and a true WB like the LM-1 side by side.

-jason
Old 05-08-2006, 03:39 PM
USED

I'll try the EVO8 version tomorrow on a UTEC dyno tune and cross it against the UTEC logs and the DynaPack logs. Update pending.

Someone please sticky this thread.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Midnyte

we're gonna get our own version....SWEEEEEET!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by jmussetter
Hi guys, thank for bringing this forum to my attention. I have gotten several emails from some of you recently and they all pointed me here, so I figured this to be the best place to respond to everyone.

I am the author of the MPS_UTECLogger software.

This is true, however I wan't on these boards, but I did search around for posted logs samples which I came up empty handed. The ZUtec was pretty new, and all the searches ended up at a e-store who sold the utec but not any hits to someone who owned one that could send me logs.

If someone were to send me logs (comma delimited format- aka Shift+1), along with the breakdown of all the column headers in order, it would be a good start to getting a ZUtec specific support added to the program.
Send log samples to UTECLogger@mpsav.com

The stock OEM WB O2 probably wouldn't be supported, because to be honest, they are not all that accurate, and I wouldn't tune to one for anything. You guys may have a better one than the Suby's are equipped with, but the WRX WB O2 sensors are reportedly 'only' good down to 12.0:1 AFR. However, personally, I wouldn't trust it with anything richer than 13.5:1 with my experience of comparing OEM sensor AFR (as reported by the UTEC) and a true WB like the LM-1 side by side.

-jason
Outstanding!!! Welcome to the forums Jason. Looking forward to sharing our Z knowledge with you and learning new things from you as well. Your software came to our attention a very sort time ago and as you can see it's already cause quite a welcomed stir from our UTEC owners and tuners. Thanks you so very much for creating such a wonderful and powerful UTEC tuning tool. Looking forward to your Z updates.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:23 AM
jmussetter

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome here...

35ounces: logs sent
Thanks, I got them.

-jason
Old 05-09-2006, 01:01 PM
USED

My findings:

The MPS software for the EVO 8 will log properly as noted by others.

When using the TXS gen 2 tuner box with UTEC, the MPS logger will not display AFR in the log map or gauge display. It will only display the AFR info in the Realtime UTEC log window when the tuner box is connected as intended to work w/ the UTEC only (output to laptop via R12-to-serial connector from tuner box gen 2).

It should display the AFR info in the log map/gauge display if it is inputed directly on a seperate com port. I do not have the correct connectors to attemp that right now.

It would be great if it could be configured to work directly w/ just the output from the R12-to-serial connector. One less input = one less cable.

I'll have to play with it more when I get a chance.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:50 PM
jmussetter

It should display the AFR info in the log map/gauge display if it is inputed directly on a seperate com port. I do not have the correct connectors to attemp that right now.
That's right, it only supports connecting them seperately right now. The next version, I'm trying to implement the ability to do a UTEC->Tuner inline connection. I have to re-write some of the original core code though, because it was originally designed to be bridging software only.

Hopefully inline connection of the Tuner and UTEC will be suported in the same release as the 350z addition.

-jason
Old 05-09-2006, 02:26 PM
KPierson
Banned

Any chance that with the new release you'll actually be able to tune the UTEC directly? Its rather cumbersome to continuley shut down the logging software to start the tuning software then shut down the tuning software to go back to the logging software!
Old 05-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by KPierson
Any chance that with the new release you'll actually be able to tune the UTEC directly? Its rather cumbersome to continuley shut down the logging software to start the tuning software then shut down the tuning software to go back to the logging software!
Now that would just be awsome!
Old 05-10-2006, 04:39 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice if it could use both the Tuner GEN 2 AFR and the AEM - so I can log AFR from both sides of the engine.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
MurphysZ

This is making it easy to justify buying a UTEC.....Keep us updated.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Havok_RLS2

Lets try to keep this thread alive as long as possible and not allow the software to fall through the cracks. If you have any new information from testing that maybe useful to the rest of our forum members... Please post it.
If your a software programer that has gotten a chance to take a closer look at the software and you have ideas that may improve some functions of the program.... Please post it.

If you're a newb with a stupid question because you either don't know what this software does and have on idea what the UTEC is. Don't post it. Use the search function.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:08 AM
KPierson
Banned

On a somewhat related note, has anyone been able to successfully use the USB cable to program the UTEC?

I'm thinking that if I attempt to make the USB connection work then I can use the MPS software on my comm ports and the UTEC software on my USB port, which would prevent me from having to shut one down to use the other.

The downside is I will have to dig up a USB cable, and I'll have to tear my entire dash apart again to install said cable. Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-12-2006, 07:26 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

LOL, yeah I was going to use the USB until I realized I was going to have to take everything apart to get to the back of the UTEC again to plug in. But others on the boards have used the USB connection successfully.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:28 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the USB connection works perfectly.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Damn... I'm block from seeing the link. Ill subscribe and check it out when I return to the states.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:57 PM
jmussetter

Default Update

Well I've been working on the code, and it's comming along nicely. The final release is still a little time away, however the wait will be worth it I hope. I've decided that with the 350z support, that it was time to step the program up to a 3.0 release version. With that said, I'm stepping up some of the other features as well, more wide-band options and inline tuner support. Hopefully a couple other nice surprises too (unless development starts taking longer than anticipated).

To answer some questions...

Nice if it could use both the Tuner GEN 2 AFR and the AEM - so I can log AFR from both sides of the engine.
Theoretically, with the changes I've done to the internal parsing codes, this *should* be possible. In theory, the Tuner can be connected in-line and an AEM (or any of the avail WB) could also be used. The new version of the program will now append the AFR column to the end of the log line from the secondary WB meter rather than mangle the column order. This means that your resulting log would show the Tuner's AFR in the normal column plus an additional column after that showing the secondary WB meter AFR. The LogMaps and Guages for AFR however will only show the value of 1 of the meters. This is more of a side-effect of the new logging methods, rather than a specific feature however, so this theory would have to be put to practice to know for sure...

Also, we do not have a stock MAP sensor, so the guage constantly reads 0 for it.
The MAP is not from an actual map sensor, it actually shows what column the UTEC is running in from 0-100.

That's it for now, the 350z is pretty much completed, just trying to finish everything else up at ths point...

-jason

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UTEC 'Upgrade?'