Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Hks Twin Power Dl II

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 AM
wilric44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hks Twin Power Dl II

I was told by a vendor that this upgrade would be great for a SC/FI vehicle. Does anyone have this installed on thier vehicle? I did a search and it did not bring up anything on this part. It is an ignition upgrade. Just looking for some thoughts before I spend the bucks. Any vendors with good prices for this part.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:40 AM
mistaboosta

I used this on some other cars. It helps the car with the high rpms when stock ignition system is unable to supply enough spark for the car during those rpms and causing misfires. I wonder if I could use my DLI-1 with 350z. dont wanna toss my ecu with it.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:43 AM
Bullitproof

Altered atmosphere has a special on the unit with harness for $493. I think the post is in the regional or vendor forums.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:52 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There have been 3 or 4 threads now where many have posted thoughts and even pics-myself included. I know the search isnt always great though so Ill review it again...

Install - Its very easy to install, the DLI unit simply needs 1 ground, and then simply unplug the stock coil pack harness, plug into DLI then plug other end into stock coil pack. Took me about 30-40 minuutes-most of that was because I had to take off the turbo piping.

Impressions - Car is a little smoother daily driving. Up top I felt a better pull, and I didnt even regap my spark plugs (wider) to take full advantage of the unit. Id think on a FI Z with a large gap and a retune it would provide solid gains. For what its worth my car trapped 1-2mph higher after I installed the DLI and did a slight retune of the UTEC-again without even touching the spark plug gap.

I like the unit, its proven in other applications, and it certainly cant hurt, especially if your FI. For less than $500 how can you not do it, when people spend $1500 on Titanium exhuast that although may save weight may not add the power and the extra safety of the DLI...

And yes AAM has a GREAT deal on the unit-usually sells for around $550-580, they are selling for under $500---> click the link in my signature and call and ask for Noah...
Old 07-13-2006, 07:13 AM
wilric44

Thanks Alberto. I will do just that. With the right info a thread can end real quickly
Old 07-13-2006, 08:04 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
There have been 3 or 4 threads now where many have posted thoughts and even pics-myself included. I know the search isnt always great though so Ill review it again...

Install - Its very easy to install, the DLI unit simply needs 1 ground, and then simply unplug the stock coil pack harness, plug into DLI then plug other end into stock coil pack. Took me about 30-40 minuutes-most of that was because I had to take off the turbo piping.

Impressions - Car is a little smoother daily driving. Up top I felt a better pull, and I didnt even regap my spark plugs (wider) to take full advantage of the unit. Id think on a FI Z with a large gap and a retune it would provide solid gains. For what its worth my car trapped 1-2mph higher after I installed the DLI and did a slight retune of the UTEC-again without even touching the spark plug gap.

I like the unit, its proven in other applications, and it certainly cant hurt, especially if your FI. For less than $500 how can you not do it, when people spend $1500 on Titanium exhuast that although may save weight may not add the power and the extra safety of the DLI...

And yes AAM has a GREAT deal on the unit-usually sells for around $550-580, they are selling for under $500---> click the link in my signature and call and ask for Noah...
OT but how's your car doing? Any word on the build?