Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

G35 & Rev up ECU???

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:07 PM
bhori

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 & Rev up ECU???

can i put a G35 4 door ECU(techno square reflash ) into a 05 35th ann. REv up ? anyone>? thnks. will it help ? my car is the revup up with crawford cats, crawford header, jic Y pipe, nismo exhaust, hks suction intake...
Old 10-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Brian@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I can tell you that the 287hp computer will not work with your rev-up application as there is actual hardware differences between the two.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:39 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by Brian@Performance
I can tell you that the 287hp computer will not work with your rev-up application as there is actual hardware differences between the two.
Related - can you tell me if the 2004 G Coupe computer had the sandbagging like the G35 Sedan where it would not give full throttle around 0-30 and then let it get "true" full throttle? I believe it has been called "swell", a gimmick (or safety item) that produces a sensation of increased acelleration in 2nd and 3rd gear speed range.

Also this ECU/ECM has been described has "learning" - if so, when the battery is not connected for a long time, does it get "dumb"? Reason I ask is my battery was disconnected for service for 6 hours or so and then I noticed a lot of power delivery differences (same or less down low, feels like more from 3k rpms up, etc.). Can it go back to a default state w/o being flashed?

Thanks...
Old 10-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

don't forget, the immobilzer code will be different from the ECUs even if you happen to find a flashed ecu for the same type of car you have.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:44 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by SteveZ
Also this ECU/ECM has been described has "learning" - if so, when the battery is not connected for a long time, does it get "dumb"? Reason I ask is my battery was disconnected for service for 6 hours or so and then I noticed a lot of power delivery differences (same or less down low, feels like more from 3k rpms up, etc.). Can it go back to a default state w/o being flashed?
What you are describing is the ECU trimming the fuel. The ECU can add or subtract a decent amount of fuel, and through reading the 02 sensors it determins what amount of fuel it is going to add or subtract.

So, when the ECU is reset these values will not be there. When you have your ECU Flashed http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_EM the feedback target is modified for maximum performance (so the car will "learn" to where we set it to make the most power).

Hope this helps,
Old 10-10-2006, 06:33 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
What you are describing is the ECU trimming the fuel. The ECU can add or subtract a decent amount of fuel, and through reading the 02 sensors it determins what amount of fuel it is going to add or subtract.

So, when the ECU is reset these values will not be there. When you have your ECU Flashed http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_EM the feedback target is modified for maximum performance (so the car will "learn" to where we set it to make the most power).

Hope this helps,
Yes, very informative - thanks. Usually the conversation ends with "it learns...", but never answered what exactly learning entails.

Thanks,
SteveZ