Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Emanage Ultimate install Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 02:05 PM
COJ_General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emanage Ultimate install Problems

What a messed up week! To make a long story short, my car was running fine but I wanted to get it tuned with the emanage ultimate so I brought it to a shop (which I heard was a good shop and have work with many nissans) that they were just to do the install and now my car doesn't work! First it was backfiring alot.... then the radiator dumped out fluid from the overflow.... the temp meter doesn't work anymore, then the car was starting and after cranking it like 15 times I got it running and it was running fine, but after leaving it to cool over night, it didn't start again and now it doesn't start at all. After complaining to the shop I got the owner to come to my house to take a look because he wanted me to pay for the towing to his shop....so he came over, put the factory settings back, we changed the spark plugs and still it doesn't start. We finally got it to start and supposedly he said that it was running on 4 cylinders. There was some oil on two of the spark plugs which are supposedly the 2 cylinders that are gone....so now i have a big problem. I called up Japtrix to see if they could help out but unless they see the car (which ill be taking it to them next week) they can't really tell....they informed me though that if the car was running perfectly fine before the install, that maybe it was just a crappy install....but i don't know. eitherway i just needed to vent a little and also see what people think it might be and could the engine possibly be gone?

PS- I know from now on to bring my car to a shop (like Japtrix) that I know for a fact has worked with the Z. It just sucks that there really isn't a good shop down in Miami.

Last edited by COJ_General; 10-06-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:19 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They prob. screwed up the wiring. Did you use an autosport harness or did they wire it directly in?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:45 PM
COJ_General

I used the harness.... im hoping that it is the wiring...I mean, there were two wires that they didn't know where they went and I spent almost 5 hours at the shop waiting for them to figure out where they go.... so hopefully thats the problem!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:37 PM
filanj
Banned

that sucks bro, good luck with it
Old 10-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you check the wiring versus the stock ECU wiring yourself or did you just trust someone to do it right?

Mine fired right up no problems (I checked each and every wire 2x) but the coolant temp reads too low...
Old 10-07-2006, 04:13 AM
Camarocane

We are getting spark to the plugs and fuel injected into the cylinder but no combustion, the guy(shadetree mechanic) said it might be an o-ring in which case he claims we might as well get a new engine because replacing the o-ring is just as expensive. I personally think thats a bunch of crap and im sure, if that is the case, we can do it ourselves.