Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If u PM me a addy ,,I will send a pic of the Vortech mounted in the bay
----I cant upload cuz Im dial up but I can EM pics
Old 12-24-2006, 12:37 AM
Eazzy

Originally Posted by DJMatrix1067
could it have hurt my engine though? im scared lol
We have to first find out if it is still hooked up, then next talk to ---I think Mark at SS
Old 12-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Eazzy

Sent
Old 12-24-2006, 12:48 AM
DJMatrix1067

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so the supercharger is definitly not there.

I went to SS website and It looks like the box is a FTC1 Fuel timing calibrator?

I can't call until after the holidays.

But could this explain why the guy who owned this car previously changed intake manifolds? and why my engine cover has been removed?

If he had a supercharger on there what internal things would have been required for the car to handle the increased pressure? forged pistons? cams? anything like that?
Old 12-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Eazzy

Intakes have nothing to do with it.

Engine cover cuz it has to be modified to clear the belt

Internal would have been his call---Its not neccessary to do that unless he was running 10 ++ Boost, Hard to say.Dont worry bout it
Old 12-24-2006, 12:57 AM
DJMatrix1067

so i think its time to take it to jo-tech (local performance shop) and get them to check it out.

so is that box doing anything or not? is tehre any clear way to tell?
Old 12-24-2006, 01:03 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I told you and your buddy, zspectrum, to come to the dyno day, but neither of you showed up. We could've figured out everything there by putting it on a lift, asking other z owners, etc.

BTW, how hard could it be to look under your car and check to see if you have TP, HFC, or regular cats? If you know what headers you have, how do you not know about what's after the headers? Are the mods you listed in your sig even right (some don't read right)?
Old 12-24-2006, 01:07 AM
DJMatrix1067

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I told you and your buddy, zspectrum, to come to the dyno day, but neither of you showed up. We could've figured out everything there by putting it on a lift, asking other z owners, etc.

BTW, how hard could it be to look under your car and check to see if you have TP, HFC, or regular cats? If you know what headers you have, how do you not know about what's after the headers? Are the mods you listed in your sig even right?
I didn't realize it had come up that fast. I just found out i had all this stuff two days ago. Sorry i didn't show. is there another one coming up soon? I might just have Jotech dyno it.

And its not hard to look up under the car. thats easy. but i dont know what i'm looking for. I wouldn't know if i had TP, HFC or stock cats. i can try and take a pic, but i doubt it would come out very well cuz of the angles. i'll try tomorrow though. And ill get a better pic of my entire engine bay + the little black box.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Eazzy

so is that box doing anything or not? is tehre any clear way to tell?
We have to first find out if it is still hooked up, then next talk to ---I think Mark at SS

I repeat
Old 12-24-2006, 01:13 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I didn't realize it had come up that fast. I just found out i had all this stuff two days ago. Sorry i didn't show. is there another one coming up soon? I might just have Jotech dyno it.

And its not hard to look up under the car. thats easy. but i dont know what i'm looking for. I wouldn't know if i had TP, HFC or stock cats. i can try and take a pic, but i doubt it would come out very well cuz of the angles. i'll try tomorrow though. And ill get a better pic of my entire engine bay + the little black box.
Well, I did tell both of you guys in more than one post.. Oh well. And no, there isn't one coming up soon. And I would not take it to Jotech to dyno, as they're pretty cocky about themselves are very expensive.

And as far as looking for your mods, you should leave that up to others (professional and/or experienced) to decide what you have instead of guessing or assuming what you have. Just wondering, do you know what a plenum spacer is? I don't see a spacer on your plenum, yet you list "5/16th Motordyne Plenum" as one of your mods.

I highly recommend you get your mod list straight, for yourself. You can do that by coming to our meets or going to a shop that has knowledge on Zs.

BTW, didn't you wreck your Z not too long ago?
Old 12-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Eazzy

If need be --It is easy enough to take it out---Just a question of disconnect and resplicing back to OEM---But dont bother calling SS til u have chked--they will ask.Im 100% sure it is but -----

Then ask them what effect it is having on ur system

No need to panic, Just take one step at a time
Old 12-24-2006, 09:47 AM
DJMatrix1067

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I highly recommend you get your mod list straight, for yourself. You can do that by coming to our meets or going to a shop that has knowledge on Zs.

BTW, didn't you wreck your Z not too long ago?
I'll come to the meets if you tell me when the next one is.

I didn't wreck mine. i was the one who refused to race. stewart wrecked his.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:07 PM
dTor

To answer one of your previous questions - if the previous owner had "issues" with his supercharger (high boost, poor tuning, improper installation, or a combo of any of these things and others) then you may indeed have problems with your engine down the road. If everything was done properly though, and it wasn't fed a bunch of boost (8+ psi, esp. on a stock motor), then you should be ok.

You may be better off taking it to a "regular" (non-performance) shop and have a compression/leak-down test done to make sure your cylinders/pistons/rings are ok. Also have them check for vacuum leaks. A "regular" mechanic will probably charge less for these types of typical inspections than a tuner shop will. I know there are other things that should be checked, but I had about 5 too many eggnogs tonight and can't think very clearly. Somebody else will chime in.

Have them check the sparkplugs as that may be another clue. Most F/I (forced induction - supercharger or turbocharger) engines use one-step colder spark plugs than stock. If the previous owner did not change the spark plugs back to stock, then that is good evidence to reinforce the F/I theory (besides the fact that it had a dedicated fuel controller that is included with the S/C kit ).

Have you noticed any unusually high oil comsumption? Smoke from exhaust at WOT or at cold or warm startup? These are signs of a few different things, all of which are bad.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:00 AM
ZSpectrum

see post below

Last edited by ZSpectrum; 12-25-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:11 AM
ZSpectrum

Ok heres the deal.

Djmatrix was supposed to race stewartz(his name is stewart)

I had nothing to do with that i am not stewart, i am mackie.

Stewartz(Stewart) wrecked his z while being chased by mexicans

I should not be included in this discussion about going to the dyno days, or the racing of djmatrix and stewart.

3hree5ive0ero check your pms you should have one from me.