Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

emanage ultimate??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 08:12 PM
NeverBoneStock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default emanage ultimate??

i know u guys are going to flame me but i did a search and it came up with just people wanting to sell.. does anyone have the emanage ultimate and what do they like about it and not like ?? cant find any threads helpful on this!! thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by neverbonestock
i know u guys are going to flame me but i did a search and it came up with just people wanting to sell.. does anyone have the emanage ultimate and what do they like about it and not like ?? cant find any threads helpful on this!! thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I've done the same myself. I think it's a fantastic unit, honestly for the price you can't go wrong. The biggest draw back though is that you don't have full control of timing. If and once this gets added to their software it will be the best EMS for the money. I'm currently running it on my Greddy TT kit and have had no problems and the car feels great! I'm data logging to see where my A/F is at. My friend Gurgen who some of you know on the forums tuned it conservative for reliability. EMU has a lot of nice functions and very easy to use. I hope they add full timing control soon and I can see Greddy getting a big chunk of market share back from people jumping to the HKS FCON and others. HKS FCON is such magnificent EMS but is out of reach for many people because of its heafty price tag. I'm not comparing both as they are totally different units but again for the price of the EMU its a nice Engine managment.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:46 PM
NeverBoneStock

i know greddy came out with a 2.0 version . does that have full control of the timing??? thanx for the positive info!!! really helps!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Wicked4u2c

i know greddy came out with a 2.0 version . does that have full control of the timing??? thanx for the positive info!!! really helps!!!!!!!!!
Nope, believe me I'm always looking at their website and for the latest updates. What are you currently running and what are your goals?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:07 PM
NeverBoneStock

i have a 2006 with fujita intake ,strup headers ,greddy evo 2 exhaust,plentum spacer,and mrev2. i had a is300 and i tuned it with a apexi neo and pulled a xtra 19hp, so i thought with the z i would go with the neo again , but my friend owns a import shop and i can get the emanage ultimate at his cost. my goal is to squeeze the most out of na mods and no boost in the near future
Old 01-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

biggest problem with the emanage series is the wiring. sure it seems like a bargain at first but most people end up getting the autosports harness for $200. then its a matter or wiring it properly to the harness. pain in the butt and very dangerous if you're not experienced doing such work. at that point the utec is right there in the same price range and does not need the harness or anything wiring. its plug and play as is. plus utec has full timing control. i see no reason to shell out $400 to $500 for a emanage ultimate when you can get the utec for $700 to 800.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by Nexx
biggest problem with the emanage series is the wiring. sure it seems like a bargain at first but most people end up getting the autosports harness for $200. then its a matter or wiring it properly to the harness. pain in the butt and very dangerous if you're not experienced doing such work. at that point the utec is right there in the same price range and does not need the harness or anything wiring. its plug and play as is. plus utec has full timing control. i see no reason to shell out $400 to $500 for a emanage ultimate when you can get the utec for $700 to 800.

The only reason why people go with the UTEC or other engine management under 1K is because the EMU doesn't have timing control. Other than that the EMU is a much complete unit then the UTEC. Timing control is a big issue and Greddy is losing out big time. If they had this available in their software EMU would be a bad a$$ unit. Sure the UTEC may be "plug and play" but any major changes to your car and your pretty much screwed. Meaning you have to take it to a tuner to get the car at least fired up and tuned. On my car the injectors were changed to 550cc we put the EMU on Auto Target A/F and it begins to build a base map automatically which is very efficient, we ran the car for a few miles then did some hard runs and the EMU shelled out a good base map to start. We locked it and begin to fine tune it. It's really easy to use but at the same time really easy to F*ck up if you don't know what your doing, but then again that goes with any system.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

if you search for threads started by me, you will find some stuff on emanage ultimate.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:08 PM
NeverBoneStock

wired 24/7 i went through ur threads and they were helpful!! since u have emanage ultimate do u agree if it had full timing control it would be the best , or do u wish u bought something else??????
Old 01-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Wicked4u2c

wired 24/7 i went through ur threads and they were helpful!! since u have emanage ultimate do u agree if it had full timing control it would be the best , or do u wish u bought something else??????
Sorry to chime in, I never said it was "the best" since you said "do u agree if it had full timing control it would be the best" meaning he was agreeing to something somebody said on the thread. I said it would be "the best EMS for the money". There will always be a better system out there unless you go crazy and buy something like a MOTEC. But for the money if it had full timing control it would be the best hands down for what the unit cost. Right now the EMU has what's called Timing Adjustment. So you can add or take away timing in your map but the ECU sets the timing first then the EMU adds or takes away. The problem with that is if one day your ECU decides to add timing because its COLD or your running higher octane so their is less knock. Then the ECU advances the timing and the EMU still keeps the same variables and can do some serious damage if its too advanced. Their is a knock feedback you can hook up that will retard timing, I haven't messed with that yet, but I want too to see how good it works.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:38 PM
NeverBoneStock

all i was asking wired 24/7 if the emu had full timing control would he agree that it would be the best or does he wish he bought something else the more he learned about it?? what about u?????
Old 01-09-2007, 10:49 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all i was asking wired 24/7 if the emu had full timing control would he agree that it would be the best or does he wish he bought something else the more he learned about it?? what about u?????
What do you mean by "the best"? Would it be the most value as far as what you get for your money, yes. Would it be the best EMS available for our platform No. At the end of the day it is still a piggy back EMS and will not have the capabilites of say a Vpro or MoTeC.

So unless you plan on spending over 4K on a EMS, then the EU Should work fine.

What information were you trying to gather from this thread?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Wicked4u2c

I think it depends on what your goals are? If your going to fully build your engine and want serious power then your better off going with a more detailed system like the FCON VPRO. The only drawback about the VPRO is that you can't mess with it, everytime you want to make changes it has to be done by an authorize HKS Dealer and believe me it can be very expensive. For me the EMU seems to be working for me so far and I'm pulling extra timing all across the board for a safety cushion. Sure, I may be losing potential horsepower but reliability is worth more to me then an extra 30HP. The car feels very strong and is safe to say the least.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:28 PM
spdkils

I have the ultimate, and while I would LOVE to hard set timing, and as it has been pointed out that is lacking.

There are several functions that I would like to have working out of the box that just didn't work. (Injector Scaling with pulse adjustments rather then MAF signal adjustment.)

The other thing that I find disappointing is that you can't correct for voltage drop on the lines...

For example, I have a Greddy pressure sensor, and a LMII wide band. If you don't ground everything to a common ground, the voltages can be slightly off. .1 here and there makes for your boost pressure, and your A/F in the Greddy to read off what the gauge in the car reads. If you could nudge the voltages and correct. You could get all your gauges and the ultimate reading rock solid. (The most common suggestion I hear to try and fix this type of problem is using a common ground.)

I'm also running a custom WI setup. (50/50 meth water). The Greddy does allow me to setup a switch map and turn on/off my meth injectors when ever I set.

It's simplicity and covering the basics make it a good choice in my mind. Also for the well read, and foolhardy it will allow you to do everything it can yourself.

My Wish List for the EU
  • Timing Set
  • Sensor Fine Tuning
  • Better external Boost Control
  • Interpolate the MAPs when you change scale
  • Plug and play wire harness
  • Others I can't think of right now, I'll have to play with the tune again.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have given up waiting for full timing control on EU.

I would probably go with utec if i could buy again