Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Hydra EMU next week ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:44 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started this thread to find out info on when this EMS would be released . I havent followed this thread much since I found out the Hydra doesnt support [ or what ever ] the AT5 tranny . But it is good to know that they do have one in a 350z and are testing it .

It seems it would be a good idea that if you ddint realy like the Hydra as a EMS that you just wouldnt post in this thread . Or if you have a problem with some one who is testing the EMS in his car . That you would keep your differences in PM's . Lets not turn this thread into a pissing match between two people that have differences that have nothing to do with this thread PLEASE !!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:54 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I got caught up with this digression; I sincerely apologize for hijacking your thread, booger.

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
The 3 facts you posted above are irrelevant to anything I said.Tunnel vision at its best..
1)You may have a Hydra on your car, but this makes you no expert...
a)Example-I have tires on my cars, this does not make me an expert in rubber compound and tread design,nor does it qualify me to be a tire marketing/spokesman on the forums.
The above example is for illustrative purpose only..

2)You operated an Evo on an occasion, thats great.
a)This also makes you no expert on Evo III Engine management systems
b)It further does not make you an expert in Hydra EMS evo systems
c)Nor does it put you in charge of marketing and research for such..
d) I believe I reffered to a WRX/STI never an Evo..Can you tell the difference between the 3 vehicles?
3)So you went to Singapore to watch a WRX be tuned on a Hydra.. a)Once again this does not make you an expert in the WRX, nor the Hydra..I watched a doctor performe a breast augmentation on TV, does it qualify me to sell, and install fake breasts?No....Reminds me of the "Im no expert,but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night" line..
b)How does you witnessing a Hydra be tune in Singapore on a WRX last year relate to the following
I) Hydra EMS currently is not on the market for the 350Z
II)Hydra EMS systems did not sell as well as their compeditors
III) You have no vast knowledge or experience in installing,working on, and or tuning any vehicle or EMS system..

So I ask again the following questions:

1) How did the Hydra sales do in the US in the WRX/STI market?
2)How did Hydra's compeditors sales do at the same time in the same market
3)is the Hydra released to the 350Z market yet? If not please stop blowing smoke up our A$$e$ Gerald, please...

Now there is no Name calling or bickering or thrashing on my end..A simple debate on someone stating something based strictly on hearsay, and no experience in the field whatsoever to drive up Hype and sales of a product that was supposed to have been released over 5 months ago..I just hate it when people claim to know sutff they dont know..
Now Gerald, I know your next tactic, when your proven to be wrong or cant debate intelligently about something, you shall resort to name dropping and comparing accomplishments of a third party to mine..Im debating with you, not a 3rd party Gerald.

Julian you're right I am wrong, this is only my hobby, but your business; therefore more knowledgeable than I am. I bear no grudge against you or any one, peace.

G
Old 08-30-2007, 04:42 AM
booger

350Zzz
I hope you keep us informed on the progress of the Hydra EMS that is installed in your car . The good , the bad , and when it is released to the public . Any new EMS gives us all more choices and in the end , brings down prices .
It seems there are several shops that seem to not like this EMS or [ for some reason ] dont want to see it released . Why ...I dont know . Thanks for sharing !!!
Old 08-30-2007, 04:46 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by booger
350Zzz
I hope you keep us informed on the progress of the Hydra EMS that is installed in your car . The good , the bad , and when it is released to the public . Any new EMS gives us all more choices and in the end , brings down prices .
It seems there are several shops that seem to not like this EMS or [ for some reason ] dont want to see it released . Why ...I dont know . Thanks for sharing !!!
Thats not the case at all.But when one particular misinformed person, such as Gerals, pop up in every Fcon,Haltech,Utec theread bashing those units and fluffing up a unit that failed miserably in the previous markets, it make me a bit mad.
Not saying the Hydra wont work just fine and have some nice features, however lets get the unit released first. Look at the title of this thread..Its been WAAAAAAAY longer than 2 weeks. I will have no problem letting Gerald talk all the fluff in the world, AFTER the unit has proven itself like the UTEC,EManage,And Fcon PRO..As of now, Gerald "mystery car" is the only one supposidly running it.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:53 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

^ well said. Boo to vaporware. Though keep in mind that an official company rep. never really said it was coming out right away (as far as I recall).
Old 08-30-2007, 06:06 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
^ Though keep in mind that an official company rep. never really said it was coming out right away (as far as I recall).
Correct. But a customer with an odd vested interest , has be fluffing it for months now. Lets see some real world results first, then smack talk all they want.Everytime I talked to anyone in regards to it, I got the same old comment "Oh were just finalizing some base maps", Cmon..It takes 2 days tops to completly tune a car from scratch on a working EMS system.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by booger
350Zzz
Will keep you informed. There are good reasons for the delayed launch, more of a time issue. The wait is frustrating, but timing of the launch is critical.

G

PS: And, as for you Julian, you can pick any management unit you want, I could not care less. I don't have the time to waste debating with knuckle heads. Go get a life!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Will keep you informed. There are good reasons for the delayed launch, more of a time issue. The wait is frustrating, but timing of the launch is critical.

G

PS: And, as for you Julian, you can pick any management unit you want, I could not care less. I don't have the time to waste debating with knuckle heads. Go get a life!
LOL..Name calling from a grown man....Wanna race next Gerald??
Old 08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
booger

Well I went back and looked at my first post that started this thread . I had emailed Hydra and asked when it would be released . The emailed I recieved back stated that the units were being sent out for release the next week . [ told you I had forgot about it ...lol ] All I can say is ..that wouldnt be the way I would do buisness . My god it has been 7 months since that email . If this EMS gets released...great ! But from one week to 7 months......uuuummmm . Doesnt look good !
Old 09-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Vinny@VTR

Hey Booger,

to be perfectly honest with you, here is the real scenario... the first unit is being tested and is being tuned as we speak, we have built base maps a couple of months ago but some minor setbacks put a hold on the project. had nothing to do with the units, but mostly with setting up a new eddy current dynojet in our new facility. that is the truth. as I type we are in full swing with Gerald's car and will be working on it extensively till it is PERFECTED. Vinny is in the car and tuning as I type and believe me we did not intend to be delayed this much with the release of the Hydra but we won't compromise perfection and 100% confidence with the setup just to meet a deadline. The ultimate Goal of this setup is to make it the a hassle free, user friendly, reliable EMS setup for the Z33/CPV35 platforms. stay tuned... =)
Old 09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Old 09-06-2007, 04:19 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by Alex@VTR
Hey Booger,

to be perfectly honest with you, here is the real scenario... the first unit is being tested and is being tuned as we speak, we have built base maps a couple of months ago but some minor setbacks put a hold on the project. had nothing to do with the units, but mostly with setting up a new eddy current dynojet in our new facility. that is the truth. as I type we are in full swing with Gerald's car and will be working on it extensively till it is PERFECTED. Vinny is in the car and tuning as I type and believe me we did not intend to be delayed this much with the release of the Hydra but we won't compromise perfection and 100% confidence with the setup just to meet a deadline. The ultimate Goal of this setup is to make it the a hassle free, user friendly, reliable EMS setup for the Z33/CPV35 platforms. stay tuned... =)
Hey Alex,

I was too tired to come over to the shop and bust Vinny's chops The rwhp & torque #/s yesterday at low boost were super impressive. And, seeing those powerline curves zoom way past the redline, and still going, was WOW.

It is amazing to see those maps being developed from ground up, and then tweaked was absolutely thrilling, a bit disappointed, that I got there later in the day. He must be somewhere up in the higher boost, are we anywhere closer to the peak that we are shooting for?

I hope that you will get the Michelins in time for the 16's auto show.

Later

G
Old 09-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Hey Alex,

I was too tired to come over to the shop and bust Vinny's chops The rwhp & torque #/s yesterday at low boost were super impressive. And, seeing those powerline curves zoom way past the redline, and still going, was WOW.

It is amazing to see those maps being developed from ground up, and then tweaked was absolutely thrilling, a bit disappointed, that I got there later in the day. He must be somewhere up in the higher boost, are we anywhere closer to the peak that we are shooting for?

I hope that you will get the Michelins in time for the 16's auto show.

Later

G
Im glad to see all is well.Perhaps You can Join us on the 21st.We rented out Mason Dixon Dragway in Maryland for the night.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

So......................Whats the update?Any word on the release date? How is it running on the multiple cars it is on? Its been about 32 weeks since this thread started, any word??
I am looking foward to seeing some real world results.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:56 PM
rythex

lol, oh man, i just saw this thread, this thing still hasn't been released? It's the Duke Nukem Forever of 350Z management systems... :P
Old 09-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

I am tired of waiting. I am going to sell my car
Old 09-16-2007, 04:16 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
I am tired of waiting. I am going to sell my car
LOLZ
Old 09-16-2007, 10:57 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by rythex
lol, oh man, i just saw this thread, this thing still hasn't been released? It's the Duke Nukem Forever of 350Z management systems... :P
Haha... That's funny...
Old 09-19-2007, 07:19 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

update
Old 09-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
update
They are still working out the bugs and doing base maps for easy start up.

Quick Reply: Hydra EMU next week ?