Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Greddy E-Manage....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:18 PM
nismo14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy E-Manage....

Hey guys i'm actually heading to SGP Racing in Houston this weekend to dyno tune my 05 base 350Z..... I know for a fact that UTEC tuning software is 100 times better than most if not all but my friend just sold me his complete greddy EManage system for $75.00..... Can't beat that!!! My question is.... what gains can i expect or problems with that as well.... any help is appreciated...... especially from people that already have done this...... by the way my car is naturally aspirated no forced induction till next year....... please help......
Old 04-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

I cant really help you but, maybe some other ppl here will... what kind of mods do you have anyway?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:41 PM
f00man88

I heard that the e-manage is difficult to use? Could be wrong. From what i was told it takes some pretty vast knowledge to use that?????
Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
punish_her

E-Blue or EU. It makes a HUGE diffrence. I would personaly never EVER let the Blue touch my ECU. The EU is Pretty reliable for low and medium hp. Not saying it cant handle the High HP but no one has realy tested it out.

You said for $75 you cant beat it..... um yeah if the engine goes pop with the E-blue. If your planning on going FI either save up for the EU or UTEC. They are in the similar price range. Basicly it depends on what your final power is going to be. If you are staying arround 400-450 EU or UTEC are both fine. If your going for forged internals and higher HP the UTEC has been more proven.

Bottom line if its an E-blue pass on that deal like she has Herpe's.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
turbo-maxima

Seems like you are spewing a lot of ****ty info punish_her. But the time to install the emanage and effort to tune it with laptop on the freeway or on a dyno and the $200+ SGP charged an hour to tune your car it wouldn't be worth it for maybe 5 horsepower. If you have a couple mods to free up horsepower like an intake, intake manifold, headers, exhaust, pullies, then it might be worth the effort.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would throw the emanage blue in the trash. unless you are going to spend the 300 dollars for the autosport patch harness, if so then you should just get a utec.

the emanage blue sucks, you have to cut up your stock wiring, i have three cars right now at my shop with issues with the wiring and all i can tell them is, "you cut up your wiring, we are going to replace the whole harness" the harness is 300 used plus my labor to install it.

dont do this, leave it stock and save for a different computer that is plug and play. its not worth the gains
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 AM
Lakelandkev

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
i would throw the emanage blue in the trash. unless you are going to spend the 300 dollars for the autosport patch harness, if so then you should just get a utec.

the emanage blue sucks, you have to cut up your stock wiring, i have three cars right now at my shop with issues with the wiring and all i can tell them is, "you cut up your wiring, we are going to replace the whole harness" the harness is 300 used plus my labor to install it.

dont do this, leave it stock and save for a different computer that is plug and play. its not worth the gains
2nd that also heard horror stories..
Old 04-12-2007, 04:48 AM
nismo14

well right now as far as mods... i have a AAM plenum spacer... Stillen True Dual Exhaust.... JWT Pop Filter.... Stillen GRound Kit..... High Flow Cats..... And as far as JGP in houston...well i'm paying $175.00 for install of the blue and the total including installing and tuning as well as dyno comes out to $515.00... I know that i won't see a huge gain but i feel and hear that the mods i have are not performing to their extent because of the stock ecu leaning out at WOT.....
Old 04-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Three5oZee

Well.... I will be the first to say that its all about tunning and installation. I have the crappy emanage blue stacked with my Turbonetics reflash which has helped maintain my timing.

I have been boosting at 9 psi for a year now plus additional mods ie intake manifold and such.

The car runs like a beast and has been for all this time. Plus we have to realize that when you go forced induction with an NA motor... you will eventually have to break it apart and port the block and may as well have to upgrade the rods, pistons and such.

As for the emanage blue, i had a separated wire harness with the proper clamps made so that my factory harness was never touched. At any time i choose i can un clip it and plug directly back into my computer without the em blue.

But its all about proper installation and tunning. Plain and simple.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
nismo14

whats the big deal with the patch harness???? i have no idea what this is......
Old 04-12-2007, 10:07 AM
rich harris

then leave it alone if you don't know...
Old 04-12-2007, 10:09 AM
nismo14

very good point...... lol.... i also heard around that this emanage does not allow timing changes... how would this affect me??? to my understanding this means that say for some odd reason it gets really cold one day... then this will ultimately hurt me right??