Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris from Uprev

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:05 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With some of the stuff in it you could really fck up your car if you do not know what you are doing. There are some settings they tell you not to touch, and some I wont mess with like the cam timing.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:45 PM
undrgnd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mmmmm, cam timing...
Old 02-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Peak350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its probably still months and months out, but any update on the HR stuff?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
josh846

Rocks, You have Osiris and tuned by you with a built engine? If so are you running turbos or anything or just N/A? If more than N/A what HP are you at and with what size injectors.

Last edited by josh846; 02-24-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 PM
GrayG35

is the user end tuner availible yet???
Old 02-26-2008, 02:07 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by GrayG35
is the user end tuner availible yet???
Did you read anything? No its in Beta testing.. Wow people amaze me..
Old 02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ok. So today I stopped by the shop that installs all my Mods. The guy there has an 07 Titan Base model auto. He has installed K&N intake with custom Catback setup.
I went a head an advanced his timing +2 degrees with Cipher. This thing is now spinning the tires into second gear from a stand still.
I would like to see it on a full tune.

Well never the less I need to log some data for my e-tune.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
rocks

Originally Posted by josh846
Rocks, You have Osiris and tuned by you with a built engine? If so are you running turbos or anything or just N/A? If more than N/A what HP are you at and with what size injectors.
Its just NA right now, I made over 230whp on a mustang dyno last time but I had to stop tuning due to random missfires from a wideband going out on the dyno. These damn o2 sensor from nissan are like a 2 week wait. I also have to change a header gasket, then ill retune it and post my results. Even with it running shitty it burns the tires all the way through first from a roll .

Osiris currently uses hexadecimal code to alter the settings in the ecu. You dont have to know hexa but its displayed on the screen like it, its easy to tune with though. Just hit the spacebar to start a map trace, then use the +- key to add or remove fuel in those areas. There is no down time tuning fuel and timing with it. As soon as you change the value its done. My friend with a subaru wishes he has something like it for his car so bad. It blows a utec away for ease and speed of tuning.

Last edited by rocks; 02-28-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:36 AM
josh846

Originally Posted by rocks
Its just NA right now, I made over 230whp on a mustang dyno last time but I had to stop tuning due to random missfires from a wideband going out on the dyno. These damn o2 sensor from nissan are like a 2 week wait. I also have to change a header gasket, then ill retune it and post my results. Even with it running shitty it burns the tires all the way through first from a roll .

Osiris currently uses hexadecimal code to alter the settings in the ecu. You dont have to know hexa but its displayed on the screen like it, its easy to tune with though. Just hit the spacebar to start a map trace, then use the +- key to add or remove fuel in those areas. There is no down time tuning fuel and timing with it. As soon as you change the value its done. My friend with a subaru wishes he has something like it for his car so bad. It blows a utec away for ease and speed of tuning.
Yeah, I know a little about UPREV, they are doing my car(Greddy w/ built long block). They had some issues with the injectors, but I think they have figured it out now. Thanks
Old 02-29-2008, 11:42 AM
App6MT

I just emailed them about returning to stock so I can sell it off. It's a great product but I will be using the Haltech with my Greddy's so there will be no need for it.

I definitely suggest it to everyone staying NA and possibly FI when that's done.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by App6MT
I just emailed them about returning to stock so I can sell it off. It's a great product but I will be using the Haltech with my Greddy's so there will be no need for it.

I definitely suggest it to everyone staying NA and possibly FI when that's done.
Do you realize that you will still benefit from Osiris even with a Haltech?

The Haltech does not control the drive-by-wire part of the ECU... therefore, it can not control the rev limiter on a RevUp because it is controlled by the throttle body.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 PM
billybrun

I can't remember, but will the tuner update be able to adjust cam timing?
Impatiently waiting for this. Updates? Jared?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:16 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by billybrun
I can't remember, but will the tuner update be able to adjust cam timing?
Impatiently waiting for this. Updates? Jared?
yes
Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
cdoxp800

Updates, Updates, Updates. Anyone heard anything?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM
BabyZiLLa

Nothing. I was planning on calling this week to try get some info..

I went with the Osiris cause i was told it'd be user tuneable By Jan/Feb of 08.. I can deal with delays but if I still can't tune my car come spring/summer. I won't be impressed.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Updates, Updates, Updates. Anyone heard anything?
Nothing yet. I'm really, really, really fighting the urge to get a UTEC for fine tuning .
Old 03-05-2008, 05:57 PM
cdoxp800

I wish one of the UPREV guys would post an update for us all.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:25 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
I wish one of the UPREV guys would post an update for us all.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 AM
SilverTrack03

Trying to to be a dick.

But let me get this straight, All you can do is log with this? And you cant tune **** yourself, you cant make any changes yourself, all you can do is look at it? Then send off your logs and get back a tune from them to flash yourself, for 700 dollars? What is wrong with the Z world. If they can find tune the maps there, why cant we? To me this "upgrade" makes no sence, Go to the dyno spend what 75 bucks for 3 pulls. mail them the logs, (lets hope nothing is scary on the dyno and have to shut down early b/c you cant change anything) and get logs back and then spend another 75 dollars to see if it actually did anything?

Not that im ******* on them that their tunes wont do anything but damn this is basicly a logging program thats it. Woopdie do! The only plus is for minor changes you dont have to send the ecu off.

I fail to see the point. Please enlighten me... sorry again not trying to be the dick maybe im overlooking somthing.

Last edited by SilverTrack03; 03-06-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Conceyted

Originally Posted by SilverTrack03
Trying to to be a dick.

But let me get this straight, All you can do is log with this? And you cant tune **** yourself, you cant make any changes yourself, all you can do is look at it? Then send off your logs and get back a tune from them to flash yourself, for 700 dollars? What is wrong with the Z world. If they can find tune the maps there, why cant we? To me this "upgrade" makes no sence, Go to the dyno spend what 75 bucks for 3 pulls. mail them the logs, (lets hope nothing is scary on the dyno and have to shut down early b/c you cant change anything) and get logs back and then spend another 75 dollars to see if it actually did anything?

Not that im ******* on them that their tunes wont do anything but damn this is basicly a logging program thats it. Woopdie do! The only plus is for minor changes you dont have to send the ecu off.

I fail to see the point. Please enlighten me... sorry again not trying to be the dick maybe im overlooking somthing.
First of all, please spell-check your posts because you MURDERED some really simple words. Secondly, before the development of the Osiris Cable the Z community had nothing like this. The closest we had to this was the ECU re-flash. This re-flash was a one time deal that you ordered with a list of your mods, you had to remove the ECU, send the ECU in, the reflashed ECU would come back to you (a week or more later), then you would reinstall the ECU and hope that the tune they gave you benefited you. With this cable you cut out the week of downtime while the ECU was sent off, you could log your sensors in your vehicle and see how your car responded to mods and the tune, you could adjust your tunes by simply sending back the logs to UpRev and allowing them to tune around the logs. Maybe you fail to see an improvement with this process, but any intelligent human can see the usefulness of this product and its obvious benefits over other tuning options. Further, they have even developed the product further to allow for a user tunable version of the same cable. Personally, I believe the product is great. I have used it for months, it has never given me an ounce of trouble, and I believe the price was reasonable. Lastly, are you really comparing the price of a DSM based tuning solution to one developed for a Z? Take some time to compare the prices of aftermarket products for both Z’s and DSM’s and you will quickly see that the Z’s aftermarket is MUCH more expensive.

Quick Reply: Osiris from Uprev