Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Cobb Access Port... Any updates??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Triji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobb Access Port... Any updates??

Anyone have any updates on the Cobb Access Port? I was considering a Utec for awhile there but I think this is the way to go since it is just around the corner.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=2215

No cutting / splicing / installing / just plug and play right into the ECU... Cant beat that!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it has been just around the corner for over a year now.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:02 PM
IMPORTIMAGE
Sponsor
Import Image

yep, when cobb says 2 weeks...its turns out to be 4...then when that comes..its another 2 weeks...so on and so fourth. They make great products, but when it comes to real eta's...if i was a betting man i'd bet against the date they say...because something always comes up...
Old 07-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Triji

It says Summer 2007.....

Well IT'S SUMMMMMMMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
yep, when cobb says 2 weeks...its turns out to be 4...then when that comes..its another 2 weeks...so on and so fourth. They make great products, but when it comes to real eta's...if i was a betting man i'd bet against the date they say...because something always comes up...

Hey, your 1st post.... Welcome aboard!

Unless this is an alt.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Triji
Anyone have any updates on the Cobb Access Port? I was considering a Utec for awhile there but I think this is the way to go since it is just around the corner.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/categories/?id=2215

No cutting / splicing / installing / just plug and play right into the ECU... Cant beat that!
Not trying to hijack your thread, but check out Osiris, by UpRev.

http://uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

It appears to be very similar to the Cobb system, but it is available now.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:14 PM
unchi

its coming soon, ill have the beta version as soon as they finish the hardware.

Trust me i badger them every week

helps to have their tuners/ developer's cell phone #
Old 07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by unchi
its coming soon, ill have the beta version as soon as they finish the hardware.

Trust me i badger them every week

helps to have their tuners/ developer's cell phone #
Hey..... Dont bogart that info!!! Publicly post it!!!

JK
Old 07-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by __jb
Not trying to hijack your thread, but check out Osiris, by UpRev.

http://uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

It appears to be very similar to the Cobb system, but it is available now.
Oiris looks like Cypher and a flash...

Cobb has actual tuner capabilities where you can "live tune" your car without the need for a flash. It talks live to your ECU and changes paramiters ie: timing / AF / boost / remove speed limiter / increase idle and more.

I am not a fan of flashes myself, I like to have the ability to change my tune if needed. LIke when I go from a 101 / 91 octane mix to a tune for 91.

I hope the Cobb will have the ability to store more than one tune tho to make it easier to go between them.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:23 PM
unchi

The AccessPORT by COBB Tuning, Inc. is a handheld programmer that allows you to unlock your vehicle's hidden potential by reprogramming the stock Engine Control Unit (ECU).

With a short and guided installation process you can upgrade the ECU in your car from stock to one of our performance oriented tuning maps. The unit uses the OBD-2 diagnostic port, and requires no cutting, wiring, or other such modifications, simply plug-and-play.

The crowning function of the AccessPORT is COBB's unique 'Real-Time' mapping, which allows you to change the tuning data within seconds, as opposed to minutes. Simply park, switch realtime, and resume driving, it's literally that easy.

Using our off-the-shelf staged maps, the AccessPORT can unlock the potential of your vehicle by as much as 50hp, and more based on further modifications. The possibilities are endless since the AccessPORT is a short ProTUNE away from giving your car even more potential from the staged maps.

The AccessPORT's features include:

» On-the-fly map switching
» Monitor vehicle sensor data and display in analog or digital format
» Vibrant color graphic display with First-Ever full 260,000 color OLED, high-resolution screen
» Read/Clear engine trouble codes
» Preloaded with performance, economy and convenience maps
» Update via the Internet
» Measure 0-60 and ¼ mile times
» Adjustable on-screen Shift Light functionality
» Estimates horsepower and torque
» Displays current and averaged fuel economy
» Drag race simulation with reaction time and “time slip” data
» Built in on-screen help mode function
» Multi-Language support
» RoHS compliant (Lead Free design)
» Custom performance tuning for your specific vehicle and modifications as provided by an
authorized AccessPORT ProTUNER™ center
meaning I can tune your car (LIVE)
store many maps
etc etc

It works using the ECU's ram to make live adjustments
then once done flash the ROM with the final image
You can also run "realtime" tunes which are the RAM tunes for say 100 oct or whatever.

I tune the accesport on Subaru's 3-4 times a day 5 days a week and have done so for the last 2.5 years. Its a great product, and well worth the wait

I was going to get technosquare software ($$ eep) to tune mine(and others) but i figured ill wait since the cobb stuff is sooooo much better

-jon
Old 07-15-2007, 10:31 PM
ssgohan434

Oiris looks like Cypher and a flash...

Cobb has actual tuner capabilities where you can "live tune" your car without the need for a flash. It talks live to your ECU and changes paramiters ie: timing / AF / boost / remove speed limiter / increase idle and more.

I am not a fan of flashes myself, I like to have the ability to change my tune if needed. LIke when I go from a 101 / 91 octane mix to a tune for 91.

I hope the Cobb will have the ability to store more than one tune tho to make it easier to go between them.
I believe that Osiris has the "live tuning" software thing in development phase currently. I think they said that that portion of the software should be out soon. I'm not sure though, so dont quote me
Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Triji

meaning I can tune your car (LIVE)
store many maps
etc etc

It works using the ECU's ram to make live adjustments
then once done flash the ROM with the final image
You can also run "realtime" tunes which are the RAM tunes for say 100 oct or whatever.

I tune the accesport on Subaru's 3-4 times a day 5 days a week and have done so for the last 2.5 years. Its a great product, and well worth the wait

I was going to get technosquare software ($$ eep) to tune mine(and others) but i figured ill wait since the cobb stuff is sooooo much better

-jon

Nice, that is what I thought .... Can you also up the idle?... I buy this and take it to my tuner, correct? I can also store 2 or more "custom" tunes that I can change myself without having to go back in to the tuner?

I am in dire need of this so I can get rid of my archane SS Box...
Old 07-16-2007, 06:59 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by ssgohan434
I believe that Osiris has the "live tuning" software thing in development phase currently. I think they said that that portion of the software should be out soon. I'm not sure though, so dont quote me
I'm not sure if the Osiris Tuner Kit has the ability to tune "Live" like you are talking about. I was under the impression that it created ROM files that could then be uploaded to the ECU with Osiris. It is currently in Beta and being tested/used by a few engine builders.

I don't work for UpRev, I just use their products. The combinatiion of Cipher and Osiris seems to do most of what you listed in the quote above. I don't think it's going to have the horsepower measurement or 1/4 mile time gathering code.

AccessPORT looks interesting. If it was available, I'd check it out. I can see why you might want to wait for it, since you're already familiar with it. I hope it comes out soon.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:36 AM
ssgohan434

"You guys will be the first to know when and end user tunable version is ready, and I'm sure we will be able to offer an upgrade path for current Osiris users. Honestly, it will be the same software suite, just with the addition of a ROM editor so you can make your own adjustments."
- Posted By Punkidd in the UpRev Osiris thread.

^ that's what I was thinking.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
it has been just around the corner for over a year now.
+1
it was supposed to be released last nov
Old 07-16-2007, 02:10 PM
unchi

The AP is quite a nice peice
the physical parts are nothing special its the Tuning software that is the best

i have tuned many many other Types of software and this is by far my favorite
and the fact its on the stock ecu is what makes it even better.

If up rev becomes available, thats cool too
the more options the better.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:07 PM
IMPORTIMAGE
Sponsor
Import Image

thanks bud!

im not an official cobb dealer as of...well actually tomorrow i just did the super huge buy in...and of course they have the subaru accessports, but the 350z...I'll have to do some digging with scott over there tomorrow

if anyone needs a utec... i'll do $745 shipped new
Old 07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Triji

Quote from G35Asian over on G35Driver...

What are the thoughts on this?

"Whats going on Art? So your looking to upgrade from the ss box? Good decision buddy. As you know I have had the UTEC for a while and am loving it. I'm going to boost my G in a few months and have been researching like crazy, lol. As for the tuning port you are looking at, i don't know if it is a good option for you since you are sc'ed, seems more for a NA application. Our cars only come with a MAF sensor from the factory not a MAP sensor. Tuning wise on the stock ecu, a MAF sensor can only read up to about 6psi then fuel map adjustment is maxed. A MAP sensor reads boost and not vacuum which usually comes with cars that are FI from the factory. I don't know if COBB is integrating something to add in a MAP sensor to connect with the stock ecu, obviously more to come from COBB. The main take away here is that with the tuning port you will be maxed out at 6psi for tuning the stock ecu's fuel maps unless COBB finds a way to adapt a MAP sensor to the stock ecu (don't see it happening). Just spend your money on something proven like a UTEC or FCON VPRO if your wallet allows

p.s. you got my number, feel free to call me if you ever have any questions"
Old 07-16-2007, 08:45 PM
unchi

Quote from G35Asian over on G35Driver...

What are the thoughts on this?

"Whats going on Art? So your looking to upgrade from the ss box? Good decision buddy. As you know I have had the UTEC for a while and am loving it. I'm going to boost my G in a few months and have been researching like crazy, lol. As for the tuning port you are looking at, i don't know if it is a good option for you since you are sc'ed, seems more for a NA application. Our cars only come with a MAF sensor from the factory not a MAP sensor. Tuning wise on the stock ecu, a MAF sensor can only read up to about 6psi then fuel map adjustment is maxed. A MAP sensor reads boost and not vacuum which usually comes with cars that are FI from the factory. I don't know if COBB is integrating something to add in a MAP sensor to connect with the stock ecu, obviously more to come from COBB. The main take away here is that with the tuning port you will be maxed out at 6psi for tuning the stock ecu's fuel maps unless COBB finds a way to adapt a MAP sensor to the stock ecu (don't see it happening). Just spend your money on something proven like a UTEC or FCON VPRO if your wallet allows

p.s. you got my number, feel free to call me if you ever have any questions"
sounds to me like he has no idea what cobb is capable of

I tune maf cars (subarus) every day that "should have maxxed out the maf"
there are ways around it, trust me
Old 07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds to me like he has no idea what cobb is capable of

I tune maf cars (subarus) every day that "should have maxxed out the maf"
there are ways around it, trust me

on the subie's is it possible to get rid of the maf and just use a map sensor using the COBB??

Quick Reply: Cobb Access Port... Any updates??