Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Technosquare reflash question / issue...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:06 AM
kukles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technosquare reflash question / issue...

Ok, I have a Technosquare reflash done to my ECU. It was designed for when I was TT'd, with UTEC, etc. I have returned to car to almost stock (intake & exhaust only). The car hasn’t been run in about 6 months, and when I went to start it back up recently, I have an issue.

Under normal start-up conditions, the car will turn over, but then stall out within about 1-2 seconds. After realizing that it started without the intake/MAF installed, I unplugged the MAF and the car will idle fine, but obviously, it’s in limp mode. After testing and confirming that the MAF is in 100% working condition, it was brought to my attention about the reflash I have done to the ECU.

Is the reflash different enough from stock to cause an issue like this? I was told that most reflashes designed for UTEC come running rich and allow the UTEC to lean out the mixture as needed for tuning. So, is the engine basically flooding itself out? Is it possible for my local Nissan dealership to delete the Technosquare reflash and return my ECU to stock configuration?

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 AM
!prjctmax!

If you are tuned for TT and have gone back to "stock," then you are sure as hell running WAY rich.

And yes, Nissan should be able to reset your ECU

dan
Old 09-16-2007, 10:56 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

If you tried to start it without the MAF, unplug the battery and let it sit overnight.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:35 AM
kukles

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify as well, the UTEC is gone too, so its purely trying to run from the reflashed ECU.

Any more people with experience with something like this?
Old 09-17-2007, 07:49 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by kukles
Is it possible for my local Nissan dealership to delete the Technosquare reflash and return my ECU to stock configuration?
Yes.

Your local dealership should be able to re-flash the ECU back to stock parameters.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kukles
Is the reflash different enough from stock to cause an issue like this? I was told that most reflashes designed for UTEC come running rich and allow the UTEC to lean out the mixture as needed for tuning. So, is the engine basically flooding itself out? Is it possible for my local Nissan dealership to delete the Technosquare reflash and return my ECU to stock configuration?

what did u get, LSPEC or FSPEC?

if you were tuned for a turbo, then your timing and fuel mixture would be on the conservative/rich side.

what injectors do you have in the car now?

I'd be weary of the dealer being able to 'reflash' back to stock.

since you're already a Technosquare customer, you can get the car reflashed back to NA specs for a small fee, then you'd still be able to keep the rev limit bump, speed limiter removal, and all the other goodies.

call tadashi first before you go to the dealer. he might be able to save you some trouble and headache from the dealer trying to charge you an arm and leg for what they might claim you need a 'new' ecu.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 PM
hr2burn

I need my ECU put back to stock and having been working with a local shop and they do not have the equipment to reflash. I think TechnoSq has to do it. If someone KNOWS another way, I'm subscribing!