Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Would like some input?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
XIceDragonX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like some input?

So far my 350z is naturally aspirated with about all the bells and whistles you can really get for not being turbo. But the input I would like is, I had the car tuned for being naturally aspirated, and have plans of eventually going turbo. I'd like to get something that I can adjust my tune myself for the little stuff I do... hopefully a new intake manifold in a couple weeks.

I was thinking of maybe the consult II or something like it, something that when I go to turbo, I can reflash back to stock... than when I go turbo getting something like the UTEC for boost referenced timing retard?

All input is greatly appreciated as I don't quite know too much currently about engine management... but I am looking into and doing research, but there is just SOOOO much to cover. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
chefrey

you can always just get the utec now and use it n/a and when you go turbo just retune it for that
Old 10-06-2007, 04:32 PM
XIceDragonX

I am honostly looking for the easiest and best N/A tune I can get with the adjustability to eventually go turbo and HOPEFULLY use the same device to tune everything. I was thinking of going to MRC and seeing what they offer since they are the closest tuning facility to the north of philly area of PA.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:35 AM
chefrey

yeah the utec is great for n/a and f/i it will save you money in the long run from not buying multiple tuning devices. there ids quite a few places local to you that will sell, install and tune a utec n/a or f/i.

there is also a place by me in delaware that does great work called carv2, bit on the expensive side but you know you are getting good quality work and they stand fully behind everything they do. worth paying every penny in my eyes cant beat finding a good shop that you can rely on
Old 10-07-2007, 03:12 PM
XIceDragonX

thats the key, i want a shop i can entrust my car to, not one i think is gonna joy ride in it, or half *ss it... I want it to be atleast full *ssed