sbZenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
Nothing new to report on the '07's yet.
man... im waiting impatiently haha.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:27 AM
3FIDDYZED

Will this be something that can be shipped to the UK? And what sort of tuner intervention will be needed?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by 3FIDDYZED
Will this be something that can be shipped to the UK? And what sort of tuner intervention will be needed?
Not at this time. But we are looking at moving into the UK market. Which is why we displayed at the Autosport show this year. When we will make our move over there is not known at this time.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:48 AM
diablo25mn

when will you guys release the exhaust actually? When the Beta tune is complete?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by diablo25mn
when will you guys release the exhaust actually? When the Beta tune is complete?
Well, the HFC's should be available within a month. But the Cat-back is still not a sure thing. We may just make it for the newest cars like the GTR. Our prototype for the GTR is started. Just waiting for the custom muffler to get here to finish it up.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
sbZenth

I see the AccessPort is finally up for sale on the website? Nice!
So when do you think you are expecting to work on 07s?
Old 03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
ggrjr

When do you believe the the G35 tuner wil be available?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by ggrjr
When do you believe the the G35 tuner wil be available?
We don't have a date on the tuning software for the Nissans.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:07 AM
05Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the Access Port Perform on FI? Can you scale injectors?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
babo1004

^ I would like to know about this too .. thx
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,078 Likes on 970 Posts

Originally Posted by 05Z33
Looks like it: ie.. they have the ability to. Not sure if it made it into production

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/...ors#post396854
Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Ziggyrama

Originally Posted by 05Z33
That will most likely be done by StreetTuner or ProTuner software. AP is just a map delivery device and gives you some logging capabilities. It is not a tuning device where you can freely custom tune your car. Can they scale your injectors? Sure. But you probably won't be able to initially. Initially, they will offer maps for most common setups. People will buy the AP, download the maps to it from their site and flash the right one onto the their car. That's it. If you're FI, the AP will probably not be a good choice for you initially....at least until StreetTuner is available for the Z. Also, I see another problem with the AP and FI. The AP uses stock programming that's been modified, no external hardware. So, how will FI people deal with MAF restriction? If AP is going to be useful for FI on the Z, external MAP sensor control will have to be part of it. I don't see Cobb tackling that one for a while. My gut feeling tells me that if you're FI, you really should not hold your breath on this one. Stick with UTEC or whatever else you got until AP is ready for full FI applications on the Z. AP for Subarus and Mitsus works well because those cars are FI from factory and have the correct mechanisms in place (boost target maps, wastegate control maps, fueling and timing compensations) in the ECU from the start which is why Cobb most likely developed those APs first. An NA ECU is a lot different than FI one and making it do FI may not even be possible, depending on the hardware architecture of the ECU.

Last edited by Ziggyrama; 03-13-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by Ziggyrama
That will most likely be done by StreetTuner or ProTuner software. AP is just a map delivery device and gives you some logging capabilities. It is not a tuning device where you can freely custom tune your car. Can they scale your injectors? Sure. But you probably won't be able to initially. Initially, they will offer maps for most common setups. People will buy the AP, download the maps to it from their site and flash the right one onto the their car. That's it. If you're FI, the AP will probably not be a good choice for you initially....at least until StreetTuner is available for the Z. Also, I see another problem with the AP and FI. The AP uses stock programming that's been modified, no external hardware. So, how will FI people deal with MAF restriction? If AP is going to be useful for FI on the Z, external MAP sensor control will have to be part of it. I don't see Cobb tackling that one for a while. My gut feeling tells me that if you're FI, you really should not hold your breath on this one. Stick with UTEC or whatever else you got until AP is ready for full FI applications on the Z. AP for Subarus and Mitsus works well because those cars are FI from factory and have the correct mechanisms in place (boost target maps, wastegate control maps, fueling and timing compensations) in the ECU from the start which is why Cobb most likely developed those APs first. An NA ECU is a lot different than FI one and making it do FI may not even be possible, depending on the hardware architecture of the ECU.
For the most part, you are correct. Tuning software is quite a ways out. Custom tuning is not the primary function of the AP. If you want to see how the AP performs on a FI version of a NA car, check out the RX8 forums. I don't know how many people are doing it yet. It was just released for them with tuning software. But in the next couple months, you should be able to see quite a few of these showing up.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Ziggyrama

Originally Posted by COBB Tuning
For the most part, you are correct. Tuning software is quite a ways out. Custom tuning is not the primary function of the AP. If you want to see how the AP performs on a FI version of a NA car, check out the RX8 forums. I don't know how many people are doing it yet. It was just released for them with tuning software. But in the next couple months, you should be able to see quite a few of these showing up.
Thanks for the reply. That sounds very interesting. Getting an NA ECU to do FI functions is no trivial task unless provisions were already made for this sort of thing. There are just no maps in NA ECU for things that are needed for FI. I probably will check the RX8 forum out and see how you guys tackled that problem. I don't know much about RX8 platform and how it controls air metering, but my guess is it uses a MAF sensor. I'll have to read up and see how far RX8 guys are pushing their motors as far as power to see if they're running up against MAF sensor limitations. I know a lot of Subaru guys work with big MAF setups to move past 300g/s limitation. Again, thanks for the info.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Jeff92se

Received 1,078 Likes on 970 Posts

You wouldn't need to run MAP to get around any MAF restrictions. As with the injectors, all you would need to do is run a bigger maf and have the ability to scale for it.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You wouldn't need to run MAP to get around any MAF restrictions. As with the injectors, all you would need to do is run a bigger maf and have the ability to scale for it.
You guys are right. You just have to have a MAF sensor map. It's similar to the injector scaler, just a bit more involved. So if you want to throw a 5" tube in for your intake, you just calibrate the MAF for that. Of course doing a 5" tube would probably make your car idle like it had epilepsy, but you could do it.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:58 AM
06MagneticZ

So are you guys all done with the beta testing?
Old 03-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by 06MagneticZ
So are you guys all done with the beta testing?
Yes we are. Beta testing is pretty simple when you are not involving the tuning software. So I am sure the beta period for that when it comes will be much longer.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Well, Justin should be hosting a dyno chart for you soon. But the numbers we are getting from our released versions of the off-the-shelf maps are: Stage 1 - +9 HP, Stage 2 - +17 HP. These numbers are from our Mustang dyno at 4500 ft altitude. I am sure Justin will start a new thread with the dyno chart.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Dave B

I hope you guys can help us with the 2003 G35s.

Quick Reply: Cobb Tuning AccessPORT beta testing