Haltec tuning Set up questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:40 AM
tyrone coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haltec tuning Set up questions

Hi,

I have a APS TT on a built motor.
My car is the first one in South Africa to use the Haltec Platinum.

Unfortunately I have been having some issues with the tune.

Today I noiced the following that has concerned me:

1) Boost is set t 80kpa but it hit 110kpa before the boost cut of came in

My main page set up is
25% proportional
25% Intergral
5% derivative
50kpa cotrol piont before target

2) The car was extremely hot and refused to idle it was pig rich and i was logging 10.4 on my zeitronic which is the lowest value.

Noticed that coolant temp correction at 127 degree C was set to 100% is this correct?

3) Injector flow rate is 650cc but I am using the APS extreme kit with what I thought was 880cc injectors ,should i change it to reflect the APS injector flow rates?

4) Should I enable the O2 control for narrow band ? will it improve idle and cruising without boost? what will the effect be when I hit boost?

Sorry for all thi newb questions but I would like to research to ensure my tuner does not BS me or so I can give him some guidance as well.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Tyrone, please email me the map you are working with. It sounds like there are a number of things that need attention, and I would be happy to look over it and make the necessary changes.

1. For the boost PID controller, use P=25, I=25, D=0. Also what is your 'Output Start Point' - if it is too high then you will get a spike initially.
As for overboost cutoff, you can set that to whatever level you like in the Main Setup.

2. If you have 100% in the 127c row, then yes it will be doubling your fuel at that point. 127c is far too hot for the motor though, I hope you were not seeing those temps.

3. It is best to update your inj flow rate table to reflect what injectors are in the car. This will only change how the car fuels if you are in VE mode, not injector pulsewidth.

4. You need to get your base tune close before worrying about AF correction. Do you have a wideband(s) in the car - if so you can connect that to the Haltech and use the AF correction from it.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
tyrone coupe

Hi, I mailed the maps to you last week.

I will resend once I am back at work tomorrow.

Thanks for the help Hal.

The prouct is asolutely fantastic its just a pity that the tuner does not how to use its capabilities.

Regards
Old 02-10-2008, 12:48 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tyrone, I think the supplied map is a pure start up map and not a tuned map. Either way i'm sure Hal will get you sorted.

Hal on a side note do you enable closed loop on your customers cars? I have an 03 and have closed loop disabled. I have stable idle and a/f ratios at idle with decent throttle response. If I enable closed loop the idle, take off and throttle snap from idle are crap. Tried getting this tuned out without much success.

The reason I want to enable closed loop is that randomly I will get the below CEL codes and was hoping that closed loop may resolve this. I notice that the codes usually appear randomly during the crank cycle.

P0132 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0152 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Also randomly I will get the following codes. When I asked Haltech about this they mentioned they have seen this before but don't know why. Any chance you can shed some light on this.

P011 - Intake Camshaft Position Timing - Over Advanced (Bank 1)
P021 - Intake Camshaft Position Timing - Over Advanced (Bank 2)

Tuning with map/ve and tried narrowband target voltages between 0.6 and 0.8 volts. I also have the haltech wide band configured as lambda1 to monitor the AF's

Any info appreciated

Last edited by MR RIZK; 02-10-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 AM
tyrone coupe

Yup I know ,but I am having problems with my "tuned map" I think its down to the tuner not doing things correctly.

I have had nothing but great service from the guys at injected and i am 100% confident that Hal will help me out yet again.