Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Target AFR's for a Stock Block (APS TT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
jining

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm well thats a bummer to hear that the delay makes this software kinda pointless for tuning.....
Old 04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
jining

hmm doesnt 100ms-500ms seem a bit long of a delay to use in the first place? 1/10 to 1/2 of a second seems like a LOT of delay... is the delay to compensate for the distance that the exhaust gas has to travel from the cylinder to the wideband? Seems like that would probably only take a fewhundredths of a second or even a few thousandths?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:00 PM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jining
hmm well thats a bummer to hear that the delay makes this software kinda pointless for tuning.....
You can still look at the raw logs and figure out how much the delay Well, I still uses UTI coz of the other feature and I usually look at the raw logs and make sure everything is in the low 11's. If I see something jump then that is were I take my time analyzing how much the delay and figure out what part of the Map is out of whack... It can be done but lots of trial and error..lol
Old 04-18-2008, 06:03 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by athenG
It can be done but lots of trial and error..lol
+1

That's why tuning in general is so tedious. Lots of trial & error. The trick is to not go too far outside of the envelope and break something~ :-)
Old 04-18-2008, 02:17 PM
jining

not breaking something is always number one priority. Ill do a few pulls sunday night and see whats up. (have monday off, otherwise I would do it sooner.) My tunes pretty solid as it is, just a few spots im curious about (hard to watch the wideband while trying keep the beast on the road)
Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IAT's dont change much during a pull? I guess if 20+*c (~70F) isnt alot. LOL

Originally Posted by gothchick
Cipher is probably the better way to go for logging IATs in a "traditional" manner. There's no lag with Cipher trying to insert external data values into a real time UTEC log, because it doesn't even know UTEC is there.

I think that's where UTI is getting hung up, but for logging IATs, UTI should be just fine since IATs don't change that much during a pull...

Of course, the downside to a Cipher log is that it isn't a UTEC/Tuner log. I pretty much just use Cipher to validate my UTEC tune, plus it came with my Orisis ECU Flash.

Attached:
Attached Thumbnails Target AFR's for a Stock Block (APS TT)-dyno-iat-vs-hp.jpg  
Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 AM
athenG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1

What PSI is that? Mine climb about 5-9 Deg Celsius at full boost (around 8 psi) and I thought that was to much
Old 04-21-2008, 10:42 AM
gothchick

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Wow, that is a lot... Guess sharriff should get a bigger fan for his dyno tuning. Lol~ Are you sure that 20C delta isn't a result of heatsoak in between pulls? Are you running a short ram with an open filter? Is your intake heat shielded? Are your headers wrapped/ coated?

I ask because my IATs never deviate more than +/- 3~5C during a pull. Probably in part because my entire intake/ airbox is heat shielded. Headers are also wrapped.

Of coarse, IATs will go up substantially as a result of heatsoak when the car is just sitting there idling in between pulls, sitting at stop lights, staging at the drag strip, etc.

Edit: I'm NA BTW.

Last edited by gothchick; 04-22-2008 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:24 AM
jining

Hey can anyone with the uego hooked up to serial tell me if when they look @ the AFR's in hyperterminal, if it does random **** like this?

This is not an exact copy, but i recall something like random symbols in between some of the values... not sure if its normal or if my ground is bad or something.

$%

$%
$$ $ $

$x&