Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Osiris Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
05Z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by projektZ
aparently this does not work with the 2003 350z ECU so my car will be at Japtrix for now going on 2 weeks due to this...
I saw your Z there today, nice looking ride. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:28 AM
projektZ

Thank you! I did the install myself (with the help of my b/f) in his driveway so the car has been down for like 3 months and now when I finally thought it was over and the tune is taking 2 more weeks on top of that b/c the ECU keeps locking up everytime they try to do anything so they have to send it back to uprev again. blah. I want to take this beast down the 1/4 mile already! lol
Old 03-23-2009, 02:17 PM
UpRev
Banned

Thank you! I did the install myself (with the help of my b/f) in his driveway so the car has been down for like 3 months and now when I finally thought it was over and the tune is taking 2 more weeks on top of that b/c the ECU keeps locking up everytime they try to do anything so they have to send it back to uprev again. blah. I want to take this beast down the 1/4 mile already! lol
We actually fixed the issue with it crashing the older Z's the day after they crashed it last. Jared will be calling down there today to see if we can get it to recover.

It took John about a month of work to get the flashing scheme to work on the older (03-early 04) ECUs so that it has nearly no chance of crashing them now, like the newer ECUs enjoy. Basically we fixed the Nissan flashing scheme. But it seems it happened a day late d'oh.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
projektZ

Whoot. Rich is awesome. He has answered all my q's about my ECU.

Thank you!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess my question got ignore by UpRev. Oh well! I guess silence speaks volumes.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 AM
onagao

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
I guess my question got ignore by UpRev. Oh well! I guess silence speaks volumes.
About the warranty?

The answer is probably. With any ECU mods, the dealer will blame you for any problems the engine has. However, there is law that states that the dealer must be able to PROVE that whatever mod you put in there - whatever thing you did to your car - was the cause of the damage. Otherwise, if it's just speculation and conjecture, your warranty is fine.

You can find full discussions of this topic all over the internet in various forums and threads. That's probably why you didn't get a direct response.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Japtrix
Banned

aparently this does not work with the 2003 350z ECU so my car will be at Japtrix for now going on 2 weeks due to this...
Just a reminder

Originally Posted by westpak
just to clarify jack and the dyno are part of Horsepower Logic now not Japtrix

before anyone gets the panties in a wad
Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
UpRev
Banned

Seriously? Man wtf. Then don't buy the product. I do my best to answer questions on forums, but you never got off your lazy *** to contact me via phone, e-mail or our own website, nor did you contact the 20+ Pro Tuners to ask, so obviously you didn't need to know that bad.

The warranty situation is up to the independent Car Dealer. Nissan has not taken a stance on it either way with regard to our tuning product. We do offer a "back to stock" ability with our product if your car will run with the stock ROM (obviously won't work with turbo cars). Pretty much the same with all ECU flash providers, with the exception of Technosquare as you'd need to mail of your ECU to have them flash it back to stock.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by UpRev
Seriously? Man wtf. Then don't buy the product. I do my best to answer questions on forums, but you never got off your lazy *** to contact me via phone, e-mail or our own website, nor did you contact the 20+ Pro Tuners to ask, so obviously you didn't need to know that bad.

The warranty situation is up to the independent Car Dealer. Nissan has not taken a stance on it either way with regard to our tuning product. We do offer a "back to stock" ability with our product if your car will run with the stock ROM (obviously won't work with turbo cars). Pretty much the same with all ECU flash providers, with the exception of Technosquare as you'd need to mail of your ECU to have them flash it back to stock.
First of all, I am just trying to educate myself on a product that you are selling. There's no need for your FOUL language and attitude. If you dont like for people to ask questions about a product that you are selling then you are in the wrong business.

And second of all, my personal tuner did educated me on the Osiris tune when I did get it. However, that was a question that I wanted to hear your answer on.

Thanks you!

Last edited by Nismospeed4life; 03-24-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:01 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by onagao
About the warranty?

The answer is probably. With any ECU mods, the dealer will blame you for any problems the engine has. However, there is law that states that the dealer must be able to PROVE that whatever mod you put in there - whatever thing you did to your car - was the cause of the damage. Otherwise, if it's just speculation and conjecture, your warranty is fine.

You can find full discussions of this topic all over the internet in various forums and threads. That's probably why you didn't get a direct response.
Thanks for clarifying that for me... I greatly apreciated! I am very happy with the Osiris tune thus far, I just hope that I dont ever have to tune back to stock if ever in a situation where there may be warranty work involve.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:21 PM
UpRev
Banned

Thanks for clarifying that for me... I greatly apreciated! I am very happy with the Osiris tune thus far, I just hope that I dont ever have to tune back to stock if ever in a situation where there may be warranty work involve.
Di you have the Osiris Standard or Osiris Tuner (with the Cipher cable)? If so Jared can send out the back to stock ROM incase you ever need it.

If you had a Pro Tuner do a dyno tune on your car you can always go back to their shop to have them flash back to stock for you.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Nismospeed4life

^^Thanks! I did had it Pro Tuned or Dyno Tuned. I will check with my tuner to see what's the cost in returning to stock tune should I require it.