Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Technosquare ECU flash

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Big Woo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Technosquare ECU flash

I recently had Technosquare re-flash the ECU for my 2008 350Z. My current mods include a Greddy dual exhaust, AEM intake, and AAM cat delete pipes. After adding the modifications but prior to the ECU re-flash there was a noticeable but small improvement to the top end. I then had Technosquare re-flash the ECU, the improvements after the flash were noticeable everywhere, but mostly before 3000rpm and above 6000 rpm.

Other improvements from the re-flash include higher rev limit, but by far the most noticeable improvement is to the fly by wire throttle. Now with the TCS off the throttles mimic the movements of your foot, and it responds as one would expect with a normal throttle cable. With the TCS on the pauses or breaks in the throttle initiated by the ECU are less severe, frequent, and take less time.

I have a date with the dyno next week to see where things stand, will post results then.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:28 AM
BLK350GT

Welcome to the site. Let us know what the dyno says!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:42 AM
tohSeRuS

yes please show numbers!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:18 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The Technosquare flash-in-the-mail was once the only game in town. Unfortunately there is no before and after dyno involved. Any performance improvement is in your head. There are other options.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Big Woo

Yep you must be right, what could I have possibly learned in the past twenty plus years building engines for and working with CART, IRL, IMSA, SCCA, and world of Outlaws teams. It must be all in my head, even the changes in throttle responce, must be figments of my imagination. You continue on with your efforts to be the king post'er boy with your 31K plus punk a$$ responces. I'm sure that if you spent less time trying to subject everyone to your personal opinions (and we all know the saying about opinions) you might someday have more time to actually do something constructive, or god fobid contribute.

Well I can see where this is going, this is my second post on a new forum 5 months after purchasing a new Z, later.

Last edited by Big Woo; 07-22-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

at least come back and post your dyno sheets next week. get some thicker skin.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Jeff92se

Received 1,072 Likes on 964 Posts

Does TS have the ability to change the Drive by wire map?

It's curious that you choose the TS route when an UpRev Osiris dealer could have done a custom dyno tune to maximize your gains.

But yes, post your results. I'm curious as TS IS the only game in town for my older G sedan ecu
Old 07-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Does TS have the ability to change the Drive by wire map?

It's curious that you choose the TS route when an UpRev Osiris dealer could have done a custom dyno tune to maximize your gains.

But yes, post your results. I'm curious as TS IS the only game in town for my older G sedan ecu

Drive by wire map: yes
Old 07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Jeff92se

Wow cool. Thanks Cheston. You happen to know if they have a standard drive by wire ramp modification? When using gizmos like sprint boosters, altering the map deletes the downshift saftey feater in manumatic mode. But I'll assume since TS alters the map on the ecu level, this safety feature isn't deleted?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Big Woo

A fairly good description of the Technosruare HR ECU re-flashing can be found here. This is a Sport compact car article.

http://sportcompactcar.automotive.co...ash/index.html

From my conversations with Technosquare they have a standard re-map for the fly by wire system.

My dyno date is July 31, I will post results when I have them.

My skins fine but thanks for asking!

I did not find out about the Osiris option until after joining this site, which unfortunitly was after I had sent my ECU the Technosquare.

Technosquare will re-flash previous TS customers ECU's to compensate for additional modifications for $150. You can also send them a log from a dyno run to help them make the necessary adjustments.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:54 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Woo
Yep you must be right, what could I have possibly learned in the past twenty plus years building engines for and working with CART, IRL, IMSA, SCCA, and world of Outlaws teams. It must be all in my head, even the changes in throttle responce, must be figments of my imagination. You continue on with your efforts to be the king post'er boy with your 31K plus punk a$$ responces. I'm sure that if you spent less time trying to subject everyone to your personal opinions (and we all know the saying about opinions) you might someday have more time to actually do something constructive, or god fobid contribute.

Well I can see where this is going, this is my second post on a new forum 5 months after purchasing a new Z, later.
My bad. I left out one important word from my reply:

The Technosquare flash-in-the-mail was once the only game in town. Unfortunately there is no before and after dyno involved. Any performance improvement may be in your head. There are other options.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Jeff92se

Originally Posted by davidv
My bad. I left out one important word from my reply:

The Technosquare flash-in-the-mail was once the only game in town. Unfortunately there is no before and after dyno involved. Any performance improvement may be in your head. There are other options.
I don't understand. It's your impression that TS isn't a legitimate Z/G tuning company?

The underlined implies that there is no improvements after a reflash.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
BLK350GT

Originally Posted by Big Woo

Very well said.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM
OCG35
Banned

FWIW - I’ve had TS in past and currently have Osiris… when I got TS it was one of the only available (and had great reviews)… I decided to try Osiris for the helluvit to see if the gains were comparable.

I was very pleased with TS and as stated, Tadashi updates flash to accommodate added mods (when I had it I think it cost $100 for each update) – My initial flash was very good and gains were there undoubtedly – a while later I added HFC and the car was a slug from running lean, Tadashi adjusted a/f and I gained a bunch of trq... I should mention, it was very convenient for me since TS is relatively local.

I was curious about Orisis so had my TS flash written over… the gains were comparable. The benefit from Osiris is the versatility (multiple maps)… I use valet mode more as a theft prevention (in case someone figured out a way to start the car they aren’t going fast (and probably not far), also, I can run very aggressive timing with race gas at the track… and 2 maps for street driving, one for spirited and one for fuel efficiency (even though I don’t drive it much, I have been able to determine the econo mode helps a bit).

So IMO, both flashes are completely worthwhile. TS is a very viable choice – and Osiris is every bit as good with a few more bells & whistles and the convenience of not sending in your ECU (for those that aren’t local to TS). I wouldn’t have anything negative to say about someone going with TS, it’s a good choice. As Jeff indicated, they are the only choice for very earlier 03 ECU.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Jeff92se

Nice writeup Mike. You notice that TS fiddles with the drive by wire map? Sure beats paying $300 for that stupid sprintbooster!

I heard TS lowered their pricing. What is their pricing structure? Mike already mentioned that reflashes are in the $100 range (although it could be slightly more now)

TS's site doesn't have pricing or I couldn't find it
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Nice writeup Mike. You notice that TS fiddles with the drive by wire map? Sure beats paying $300 for that stupid sprintbooster!

I heard TS lowered their pricing. What is their pricing structure? Mike already mentioned that reflashes are in the $100 range (although it could be slightly more now)

TS's site doesn't have pricing or I couldn't find it
This should help you get a feel for the pricing, although its not direct to TS:

http://www.importpartspro.com/ecustpiandre.html

Also, im considering TS or Osiris as well. I like how Osiris comes to you and does the tune, however i dont know alot about tuning so im not too keen on the multiple maps.

With Osiris, how do you go about switching between preset maps? (ie. Valet)

Keep in mind i am very new to ECU tuning in general. i know much about what a tune can accomplish, i just have very little personal application experience.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 07-30-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Jeff92se

Thanks. the only reason I going with the TS is because they know their stuff and because it's my only option. I'd look into the UpRev if I could. In fact, I have an Osiris reflash stuff at home thinking I'd get UpRev to work with my uniquie G ecu. But they won't so I have to try to sell it.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 AM
Big Woo

By comparison (from what others have posted) I would say this is low for an HR motor car.

Current mods on the car are AEM intake, AAM test pipes, and a Greddy dual exhaust, and of course the Technosquare re-flash.

The dyno results are from a local place that has no experience with Nissan's or Japanese cars in general.

The dnyo used is a Mustang 250, and the establishment is well respected in the area, but mostly for GM 3800's and EcoTech's.

The numbers are 256hp and 232 tq. Currently there are 3600 miles on my car and I have no run-ability or drive-ability issues. No CEL's have ever been present.

Irrespective of the results I can't deny that the A/F ratio after the Techno square re-flash. The run starts ok with a 12.8:1 A/F but it quickly goes south to the 11's and bottoms out at 11.3:1.

Testing with my LM-1 prior the re-flash revealed a 10.8:1 A/F at 7000rpm's, therefore the reflash changed little at the top end. Certainly no where near their advertised 12.5:1 to 13:1 through red line. Re-testing with my LM-1 after the re-flash confirms the dyno reportd A/F ratios. In a nut shell it is still way fat.

I may try a differnt place for a comparitive dyno run, but I do not expect much.
Attached Thumbnails Technosquare ECU flash-dyno73109.jpg  

Last edited by Big Woo; 08-03-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:31 AM
MilitaryMan13

Default Access Port/Cobb tuning

Has anyone used or know anything about the "do it yourself" Cobb tuning module? Easy? worth it?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
This should help you get a feel for the pricing, although its not direct to TS:

http://www.importpartspro.com/ecustpiandre.html

Also, im considering TS or Osiris as well. I like how Osiris comes to you and does the tune, however i dont know alot about tuning so im not too keen on the multiple maps.

With Osiris, how do you go about switching between preset maps? (ie. Valet)

Keep in mind i am very new to ECU tuning in general. i know much about what a tune can accomplish, i just have very little personal application experience.
you hold down the cruise control deal down on the deceleration part, then you push the cancel button once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc..

the 'SET' button on your dash flashes to match the map number you selected, after you release the button, so you know you're on the right map.

Quick Reply: Technosquare ECU flash