Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

IQ3 and haltech display not showin gear/gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 02:19 AM
doomsdaydonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IQ3 and haltech display not showin gear/gas

Hi, have had the iq3 hooked up 2 ma haltech ems and it does not display which gear i am in usin the gear sensor and there aint no way of seein how much fuel is in the tank. Has anyone sorted these issues out? thanks in adv.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:49 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Haltech does not read fuel level readings and therefore it will not output it onto the IQ3. I'd contact whomever you purchased your dash from in order to get the correct sensor from Racepak.

As far as the gear sensor we've not even bothered to look into that feature.

Last edited by Kwame; 09-05-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:33 AM
doomsdaydonkey

Thank u, the fuel thing i can live with but the gear display is the largest one in the middle of the dash, who wants a big 0 there. Am gettin some help from the vendor but if anyone has this right please share
Old 10-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can turn it off if you want and then you don't have the 0 there

to set up the gear indicator on the dash, you must follow the instructions provided with the cluster itself - there are several details you need to input into the software such as gear ratio per gear, tire size, etc etc in order for it to work properly. I personally didn't have a use for it so I am not using this feature on mine
Old 12-07-2009, 03:30 AM
doomsdaydonkey

lets be frank here, the IQ3 is advertised as a FULL DASH Replacement, thats ********, I got some support from the guys who sold it to me, which is basically RTFM but I did read the manual thanx, this **** doesn't work, the picture on ur site has FUEL written on the dash... this kinda misleading crap is what makes my blood boil... as for the gear sensor... that shyte doesn't work either... so I bought a haltech Platinum with an IQ3 for what...

DDD
Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I don't think it's ******** at all - I have it in my car.

It is not car specific, so there are some things that display automatically (whatever info Haltech passes through) and some that require additional setup - none of it is any big deal to do however if you understand what you're doing and you have a factory service manual. It is like any other computer - it relies on the inputs in order to give you the outputs.

I have no use or need for gear indicator as I don't have a sequential gearbox, but their setup instructions in the instructions are very detailed for getting it to work.

You can moniter fuel level as well if you want...or any other sensor for that matter. It's just a matter of having the dash talk to whatever sensor you want it to moninter. For fuel level, you will need to purchase an additional module from Racepak and then program the dash to recognize the resistance ratings of the factory fuel level sensor, which are found in the factory service manual.

I would suggest contacting Racepak directly for any more in depth help you need, or, find a local motorsport oriented shop that can handle the programming for you

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-07-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:17 AM
doomsdaydonkey

Thank u 4 the info, did u get the fuel workin?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I have not purchased the module yet, it's something I plan to do over the winter