Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

News concerning TechnoSquare ECU...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 08:29 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would like to add that TS did a wonderful job with my ECU also. i had them remove timing to avoid detonation.. i also had them raise the redline, and speed limiter... they also did the other mods of keeping the TB open at top rpm and stuff..

what i did not do is have them touch the fuel maps. right now PE 380cc injectors run a tad over a grand, and is not attractive since the next step for me is a motec m600 (out in 1-2 months) and 720cc injectors.

i chose to stick with the dfmu, as we have had zero problems with it, and fine tune using a super afc2.

anyways, 400hp (with a sub 12 a/f ratio) is livable for now

back to the topic..: one big thumbs up for technosquare!!

m

Originally posted by Chebosto
more info on that Technos ECU, PE injectors and ATI SC..

taken from 350zmotoring:

"Cheston,
My car runs extremely well. For the most part, it runs as smoothly as it did when the car was stock. The car now pulls like crazy from 3k to redline. There is a slight problem with the idle. However, this started only after I installed my flywheel and new clutch. (I had to install the new clutch because the factory clutch would start to slip when the boost kicked in). BTW - This was not an issue when I ran with the FMU.

I can't begin to stress what a difference the TS ECU and PE 380 injectors made. It’s like the car came out of the factory with this supercharger built in. I can’t wait till TS gets a Z in there shop and tunes the ECU specifically for the Procharger.

Zed

/////

The FMU is gone and so is the inline fuel pump. I hated that FMU. It felt like I was driving with a bomb under my hood.

Zed"

hopefully Zed will give me a dyno soon. but they have successfully avoided the use of the FMU....

--Cheston
Old 10-30-2003, 12:04 PM
Zakira

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheston, I'm really glad to see you and TS finally vindicated. You guys sure didn't deserve all that bashing.

Woops, I hope I didn't start anything or rehashed old wounds. But, I've had my TS ECU for months and still lovin' it!
Old 10-30-2003, 12:30 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by Zakira
Cheston, I'm really glad to see you and TS finally vindicated. You guys sure didn't deserve all that bashing.

Woops, I hope I didn't start anything or rehashed old wounds. But, I've had my TS ECU for months and still lovin' it!

Zakira-

Thanks -- its all about timing.. those individuals just needed time to realize that i wasnt BSin' when i was posting. Im glad at those ppl that believed in me and TS enough to see for themselves.

glad u like urs man-

Cheston

Last edited by Chebosto; 10-30-2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:01 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Zakira's right........and i apologize Cheston for the bashing i did.......i was wrong

Congratulations on fixing the weak link in the ATI set-up......you did what they should have done before they started selling this thing
Old 10-31-2003, 03:09 AM
Sz28r

Question: How does the ECU perform in a stock Z with Nismo exhaust? Will I have any problems using stock injectors, 93 octane fuel, etc. I really want the ECU upgrade but my Z is a daily driver so I don't want any headaches just to get a better performing Z - - thanks

Steve
Old 10-31-2003, 01:09 PM
AREITU

It should perform fine. Cheston's car is far from stock. ihatebobbarker's car is a G35C with removed cats and the TS flash works fine on it. Where the powerband used to go flat, is now a great surge of power.

I wish I coulda' seen Cheston's downpipes. Heard TS did a great job fabbing them.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:02 PM
2003z

Originally posted by Sz28r
Question: How does the ECU perform in a stock Z with Nismo exhaust? Will I have any problems using stock injectors, 93 octane fuel, etc. I really want the ECU upgrade but my Z is a daily driver so I don't want any headaches just to get a better performing Z - - thanks

Steve
I have it on both cars. My Z with borla dual (I just realized thats the only mod, since I only use the injen aluminum pipe) and my wifes g35c auto both run great with the TS ecu upgrade.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:18 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by AREITU
It should perform fine. Cheston's car is far from stock. ihatebobbarker's car is a G35C with removed cats and the TS flash works fine on it. Where the powerband used to go flat, is now a great surge of power.

I wish I coulda' seen Cheston's downpipes. Heard TS did a great job fabbing them.

yea, ihabobbarker's car ran realy well tih chestons downpipes... i hade a chance to take a ride in the g35c(which is now for sale) and it impressed me very much!! very good mod and i will be sure to have one once i start modding!!
Old 10-31-2003, 03:31 PM
cbsuper

I'm going to go ahead and get it next week. I'm tired of hitting the redline when I floor it.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:33 PM
Sz28r

what is the cost? I know I'm lazy, I could go to the site - - also, how much is another ECU (spare) with TS flash?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 11-01-2003, 04:45 AM
2003z

600. cant really get a spare ecu, as their is a built in immobilizer, and it would have to be sent back and reset every time you wanted to change out.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:13 AM
AREITU

Originally posted by daytona350z
yea, ihabobbarker's car ran realy well tih chestons downpipes... i hade a chance to take a ride in the g35c(which is now for sale) and it impressed me very much!! very good mod and i will be sure to have one once i start modding!!
I rode in it tonight, and he has the cats back in...the sound is back to the classic gruffy growl (it was smooth like Barry White with the DPs) but it still pulls nice and hard to redline (and a little over)

About TS's high initial price for the flash...if you get major mods, they'll reflash the chip for you, no charge. Think of it as a one-time fee. Also, they're extremely good at what they do. Just take a look at the DPs and y-pipe they made for Cheston. Extremely well-made...they do very good work.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Zakira

So cool of you, EJ!
Old 11-07-2003, 08:13 PM
03 Z for ME

Hey Cheston,

I'm thinking about sending you my ECU this winter, since I'll have the Z garaged anyway. I'm from the East Coast and have 93 and 94 octane readily available. Will you're ECU reset take the higher octane into account? (I also have Borla dual and Injen intake)
Old 11-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

yea.. the program will work with 91+ octane levels...

those on the east cost could ask for a slightly more aggressive coding from the higher octane available.. but its also the quality of the gas you're getting will contribute to the power gained...

you should always give Technos a ring first just to make sure...
Old 11-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Update...

Maxhax had his car tuned at Technosquare with the PE injectors, stock fuel pump, and tuned ECU reflash..
.. he was successful in dumping his FMU

it is reported that all imporant levels (a/f, egt, boost) levels are in order and temps are good.

oh yea.. and he has an auto!
Old 11-14-2003, 07:12 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

These kind of information are very helpful.. thanks Cheston! I think I will give in and become a TS customer now..
Old 11-14-2003, 07:22 AM
jeffw

Originally posted by Chebosto
Update...

Maxhax had his car tuned at Technosquare with the PE injectors, stock fuel pump, and tuned ECU reflash..
.. he was successful in dumping his FMU

it is reported that all imporant levels (a/f, egt, boost) levels are in order and temps are good.

oh yea.. and he has an auto!

Chebosto,

How does the Technosquare ECU add the extra fuel if it doesn't know how much boost there is? I can see how it would be less of a problem with a supercharger but with turbos it seems like it would be a difficult problem. Is a piggy back being used in conjunction with the reflash to trim fuel according to boost?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

hey Jeff-

no piggy back... Tadashi did several dyno pulls on the car to get A/F ratio numbers to work with.... then he adjusted the fuel maps accordingly to try to get the 12.5 a/f.... this is based on WOT, with boost being generatred by whatever FI system you have... then Tadashi will retard the timing up top to prevent any chance of detonation at high psi.... it is difficult to get the right fuel ratios and everything running safely... plus our cars dont have a boost sensor.....for the S/C tuning.... we tried to use our TT program, and since the TT program forces alot more air in at lower RPM. max's car originally ran alittle rich... so they leaned it a little more .. and a little more.. until they got the AF ratio that max was happy with.... his car even idles perfectly at 750rpms.. "just like stock" he said.. hehe.. so i'm happy for him..

--Ches
Old 11-14-2003, 09:38 AM
jeffw

Hey, that's cool. Sounds like a perfect fix for the ATI S/C. Everyone will be buying tuner kits now and also buying the injectors and ECU flash. I wonder how that price compares? ATI tuner + TS + injectors vs ATI complete ???

Since we don't have boost sensors in our Zs, I was wondering if you ever had any problems with running too rich (back when your turbos were still in)?

For instance, if you were at say 4500 RPM full throttle and then fully lifted the throttle to blow off boost and then slam the pedal back down? Wouldn't you be running really rich while waiting that brief moment for boost to build again? I guess it's not really that bad of a problem as long as the engine doesn't severely stumble on the rich condition. And too rich is better than too lean anyways.

--
Jeff

Quick Reply: News concerning TechnoSquare ECU...