Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

News concerning TechnoSquare ECU...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 08:58 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Post News concerning TechnoSquare ECU...

UPDATE (its been a while)

10/24/03

Techos has informed me that they have programs for the Plenum, Headers, Test pipes, Exhaust, and Intakes and any combination of them for your car..

All trannys, all versions of: G35sedan, G35Coupe, Z33 are available for tuning

They are still developing the TT version ECU, and an SC version is on the way.. but awaiting testers for the ATI and/or Stillen..

Old 10-24-2003, 08:59 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheston- Is there a cost to upgrade for current TS owners?
Old 10-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Hey Jason-

I would advise you to call em to check.. typically they charge a 1 time flat fee for future changes.. but as far as the price goes.. give them a call...

--ches
Old 10-24-2003, 09:08 AM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a dyno with the plenum, intake, test pipes, and exhaust Vs car with same mods+ecu upgrade yet?
Old 10-24-2003, 09:10 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

there is a very generalized power increase measurements done via Gtech Pro from a Technosquare customer on 350zmotoring...

that link here: copy paste
350zmotoring.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4537

user showed fantastic gains..

this is Mike's quote, again this is HIS words taken from using GtechPro:

"Finally, I had my ECU remapped by Technosquare this week. As you can see from the chart, this made the greatest improvement. Technosquare isn't cheap but they seem to have done the job. I have only driven the car about 10 miles since the reflash but I haven't had a hiccup so far. The car runs perfectly and definitely has more power. It was also nice to not smack into the rev limiter as the tach approaches redline. The car made nice gains throughout the rpm range, not just at redline. The redline gains were awesome though. At 6500rpm there was almost a 30hp gain and 21 ft-lbs. Peak gains were 9 hp and 9 ft-lbs."
Old 10-24-2003, 09:24 AM
MustGoFastR

How about the program for the FX35? Is it available yet? Can they account for mods in it's program as well?
Old 10-24-2003, 11:58 AM
N4Spd

cheston,

How can the ecu help an ati installation besides upping the fuel cut? I'm looking for a way to remove the fmu.

thanks,
rob
Old 10-24-2003, 12:03 PM
jesseenglish

Originally posted by N4Spd
cheston,

How can the ecu help an ati installation besides upping the fuel cut? I'm looking for a way to remove the fmu.

thanks,
rob
The only thing they TS can do is increase pulse length. The ECU has no way of detecting boost, so I don't see it working very well, unless they add some sort of 2 Bar MAP sensor. You'd probably be better off with larger injectors and a Greddy E-manage with optional boost sensor.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:08 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

you can adjust the timing on the top end to reduce the risk of detonation, work with aftermarket injectors, and other stuff.. since ur SC'd youd probably want a high redline eh

if the Emanage is that good, i wonder why Greddy hasnt released their kit, if it was supposedly ready a year ago... imho, emanage wont work any better.

Originally posted by N4Spd
cheston,

thanks,
rob
Old 10-25-2003, 06:57 AM
Mikestro

Chebosto,

I have heard some people say that they have installed plenum/exhaust and then dyno'd and they were running a little lean. Will the TS ECU upgrade help return A/F ratio closer to optimal for those whom now have an engine with greater air flow?

Thanks,
Mike <---not an expert
Old 10-25-2003, 01:57 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Cheston.....is Technosquare removing the feedback loop, or just reducing it?

My thinking is along the same lines as jesse's......without being able to sense boost, there will be problem areas with an ECM reflash fix for the ATI system......yet the problem's that emanage has had makes me not want to go that way either........i find it highly disturbing that there are so many pending turbo systems, and yet none of them are available yet.......that tells me that the fuel management solution is a big, big problem
Old 10-25-2003, 09:27 PM
03 Z for ME

I know there are some older threads on the Flashed ECU, but I have a simple question. The procedures to ReSet the ECU will not remove any of the upgraded "flash" done to the programming will it? I assume that once the FLASH is done, the information is pernamently stored and a reset will not remove all the upgraded programming...

Have you done testing on specific intake / exhaust / header combos or do you now simply make a generic change in the programming for any brand of these specific mods?

I'm completely new to Fuel maps and ECU programming, I would simply assume that with the addition of headers, intake, exhaust, you would simply up the fuel as the airflow has certainly been increased by the mods. Am I close to being correct?
Old 10-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally posted by 03 Z for ME
[B]I know there are some older threads on the Flashed ECU, but I have a simple question. The procedures to ReSet the ECU will not remove any of the upgraded "flash" done to the programming will it? I assume that once the FLASH is done, the information is pernamently stored and a reset will not remove all the upgraded programming...

NO. resetting the computer with the reseting procedure will NOT erase the ReFlashing Program.

Originally posted by 03 Z for ME
[B]Have you done testing on specific intake / exhaust / header combos or do you now simply make a generic change in the programming for any brand of these specific mods?

Yes. THere are now 'specific' maps for combinations of PLenum, headers, intake, exhaust available.

EJ: feedback was significantly reduced and pretty much eliminated... but they still left a slight safety margin as not to create any safety problems with the car... i'm fully confident in my boost program for the ECU.... programming the stock ecu to handle the fuel imho is far better than a system thats trying to trick the computer..

until technos can get an ATI Z in their studios, the ATI fuel reprogram will still be unknown and ATI Z owners will have to stick with the FMU that came with the kit.. i'm just saying you guys can have more options.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:59 AM
mcduck

Cheston...

Has TechnoSquare done any ECU work for any of the aftermarket cams yet?
Old 10-26-2003, 08:10 AM
Mikestro

Chebesto, I think you missed my question...

I have heard some people say that they have installed plenum/exhaust and then dyno'd and they were running a little lean. Will the TS ECU upgrade help return A/F ratio closer to optimal for those whom now have an engine with greater air flow?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-26-2003, 09:09 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Mikestro
Chebesto, I think you missed my question...

Thanks,
Mike
That's exactly what this thread is about. Technosquare designed these upgrades to help richen the mixture when used with the plenum and other mods.

Victor
Old 10-26-2003, 09:24 AM
jesseenglish

Originally posted by Chebosto

until technos can get an ATI Z in their studios, the ATI fuel reprogram will still be unknown and ATI Z owners will have to stick with the FMU that came with the kit.. i'm just saying you guys can have more options.
I wish I could give them a shot at mine, but it's way too far for me. I just don't understand how the stock MAF can properly meter the air. Without a MAP, the ECU is blind.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:21 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by jesseenglish
I wish I could give them a shot at mine, but it's way too far for me. I just don't understand how the stock MAF can properly meter the air. Without a MAP, the ECU is blind.
It will probably rely mostly on the engine speed sensors, since the MAF sensor is already maxxed out on the Procharged Z's.....that's where the weak point is......there are times where the engine speed and airflow will not be what they normally are at a given RPM........but i still think this would be a better way to go than the FMU

Cheston, since you guys are leaving in a small bit of the feedback loop, that means that the ECM is still able to alter itself, even though the rate at which this occurs has been drastically reduced......are you guys recommending that the ECM's be reset after a certain period of time, or mileage?

Also....we both know that the stock injectors are not working very well above 6K RPM's for this application......for this prototyping of an ATI Z's ECM, would there be a set of injectors thrown into the deal also?
Old 10-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Mikestro

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
That's exactly what this thread is about. Technosquare designed these upgrades to help richen the mixture when used with the plenum and other mods.

Victor
Thanks, it was not clear from what Chebesto wrote that the ECU would richen the A/F ratio. He just said "Techos has informed me that they have programs for the Plenum, Headers, Test pipes, Exhaust, and Intakes and any combination of them for your car.."

I didn't know if the "program" addressed changing A/F ratio or simply adjusting the timing slightly or whatever. I've never purchased/researched ECU upgrades until now.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:23 PM
2003z

if someone donates a procharger to me, I will drive my car to cali and leave it as long as they need it. (for the good of the community, of course)

Quick Reply: News concerning TechnoSquare ECU...