Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Your Uprev Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
=Cerberus=

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your Uprev Experience

I have purchased the tuner version of uprev, and at first I was excited, but now as I get ready to have my car tuned, I am getting more frustrated by the minute.

First, I got a box with a cable in it, no instructions, no CD, just a box with a cable. I paid for the license, and the other benefits, so I let it slide. Jump to today. Granted I probably should have given myself more time, but I waited till today to flash my car over to the Uprev ROM, which took till 5pm because no where did they say that I had to e-mail them a copy of my ECU part number to get a ROM to flash. So I asked for a back to stock ROM just in case.

So now my car is flashed over, which worked surprisingly well. No problems yet (fingers crossed) but now I am getting very frustrated because the button that is supposed to be for tuning my car in Osiris is not active. Did I just pay all this money so I could data log?

Also, in the official instructions the ROM editor is supposed to be version 2, and the one that actually installs is only version 1.xx. When I try and open the ROM I was sent, it gives me a license error. My cable is up to the latest firmware and said uprev and osirus are both enabled.

Now before someone comes in here and gives me a line of shat, I am no tuner. I never claim to be, but what I can do is run software. I would like to be able to at least look at (read not edit) the areas where is going to go, so I know what is going on.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 PM
adamciya350

Originally Posted by =Cerberus=

Now before someone comes in here and gives me a line of shat, I am no tuner. I never claim to be, but what I can do is run software. I would like to be able to at least look at (read not edit) the areas where is going to go, so I know what is going on.

Maybe thats why
Old 04-30-2010, 04:32 PM
=Cerberus=

Originally Posted by adamciya350
Maybe thats why
Shouldn't matter. I should be able to run the software just like anyone else. Just because I do not adjust tables, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to navigate to where they are supposed to be to be adjusted.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:41 PM
adamciya350

Ohh...okay re-read last sentence..can't help you out man, I'm getting Osiris in July hopefully someone helps you out cause it's kinda pricey

Good luck though!
Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 PM
kacz07

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to update your software. Go to the WEBSITE and DL the latest versions of everything.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:14 PM
hellsoldiers08

ya, the site gives you the soft ware you just need the cable and stuff.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:57 PM
tylerxfire

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

c
a
l
l

u
p
r
e
v
Old 05-01-2010, 02:59 AM
=Cerberus=

Originally Posted by kacz07
You need to update your software. Go to the WEBSITE and DL the latest versions of everything.
That was done several times.

Originally Posted by hellsoldiers08
ya, the site gives you the soft ware you just need the cable and stuff.
Originally Posted by tylerxfire
c
a
l
l

u
p
r
e
v
Thanks for that lovely bit of information. I wonder why I did not think of that, where have you been all my life?

*Update*
After several late night e-mails with Rich at Uprev, it turns out my cable was sent with incorrect licensing data on it and needed to have the cable upgraded with a new .TXT file that he sent. I just updated the cable this morning and tested it out and all is working as it should.