Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Haltech issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:56 PM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Haltech issues

Ok, I got the car tuned and it's running goor right now. The problem:

When I enable O2 correction my O2 sensors are off when the load is under 25% (where O2 correction takes place). There is as much as 1.5 difference between the two A/F readings. When I am under load over 25% they read the same.

Any ideas? I have the Haltech dual widebands with controller, the two widebands are averaged and displayed on one gauge.

When I disable the O2 correction I am no longer able to see the two wideband on the laptop. How can I enable that? They just rea zero. So I really don't know how close they are at this point.

Also, how do i view the datalog files?

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 05-02-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:21 PM
wannabuy350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for datalog its a seperate program. for O2 I honestly cant see them my Z have narrow bands.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 AM
frankie945

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To view data logs:

Go to the ECU Manager with the usb hooked up car in the on position.
Click the setup at the top then you will see data logger. Click that, then a box will pop up and download the logs. The data viewer will open automatic after you click view. Once the green bar is all the way full you will need to erase or save the logs to make room for more.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:27 AM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by frankie945
To view data logs:

Go to the ECU Manager with the usb hooked up car in the on position.
Click the setup at the top then you will see data logger. Click that, then a box will pop up and download the logs. The data viewer will open automatic after you click view. Once the green bar is all the way full you will need to erase or save the logs to make room for more.
I have gone throught that, and I am able to save a data log. The problems is I can't open it and view it, don't have the sofware that will recognize the format.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:04 AM
frankie945

Here's the link with the data log viewer if you don't have it. You can download it.
http://www.injectedperformance.com/haltech/
Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Honestly, i bet you have the banks backwards. The haltech grabs each signal and adjusts 135 or 246 accordingly. Check and make sure with Hal.

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe

When I enable O2 correction my O2 sensors are off when the load is under 25% (where O2 correction takes place). There is as much as 1.5 difference between the two A/F readings. When I am under load over 25% they read the same.

Any ideas? I have the Haltech dual widebands with controller, the two widebands are averaged and displayed on one gauge.

When I disable the O2 correction I am no longer able to see the two wideband on the laptop. How can I enable that? They just rea zero. So I really don't know how close they are at this point.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:04 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

o2 calibrations could be off. you should be able to see whatever the Haltech sees with a laptop hooked up via usb. Just set up a gauge in the ECU manager, right click, choose channel, type in O2 to filter the long list and pick O2S1 or O2S2 (I think that's what it's called).
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Honestly, i bet you have the banks backwards. The haltech grabs each signal and adjusts 135 or 246 accordingly. Check and make sure with Hal.
Hal and I have been PMing back and forth. I am 100% sure that the two banks are not mixed up. It would be very difficult to mess them up, I bought it all new (from Injected) and it was all nicely labled. Hal wired both the widebands too, I doubt that he would make a mistake like that.

Thanks for the input though. My biggest problem is the dam oil in the compressor housing:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...r-ic-pipe.html

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 05-04-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 AM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by rcdash
o2 calibrations could be off. you should be able to see whatever the Haltech sees with a laptop hooked up via usb. Just set up a gauge in the ECU manager, right click, choose channel, type in O2 to filter the long list and pick O2S1 or O2S2 (I think that's what it's called).
I calibrated the O2 sensor according to the instructions, they were side by side as I was adjusting the O2 controller for calibration.

I updated to the 1.03V on the haltech so now I have to enter the following as suggested by Hal:

P - 8
I - 0.028
D - 0

These adjustments were not available to me prior to the uprgrade for some reason. I will play with it tonight.

HAL FTW, awesome support.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess I am late to the thread, but just for future reference for anyone who finds this thread... You can view the wideband AFRs at anytime in ECU Manager under channel names 'Calibrations - O2 Wideband Sensor 1' and 'Calibrations - O2 Wideband Sensor 2'

Also, PID settings for O2 control are adjustable in ECU Manager v1.03+.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM
BoostedProbe

So, I just spent about an hour with the car and the laptop. When we did the initial street tune (starting with Hals base map which was nuts on) the car ran great, so after a few minor adjustments we saved it and calle it a night. With that tune the car runs just awesome, under light load/cruising the A/F is between 14.3 and 14.7, so basicaly perfect. Under full load/boost it drops down to 11:1 or so, so that is great too.

When I go and swith things over and enable auto correction, things go down the craper. The two widebands are off (bankd 1 richer than bank 2 by 1.5 or so) and it simply does not adjust to 14.6 A/F like it is set to do. I also had a look at what is hapening with the max enrichment/disenrichment and it is adjusting at the max setpoint of 15 and -15. This is where I am really confuesed. If it trying to correct the map with which the car runs 14.5:1, why would it go to such a high percentage of enrichment/disenrichment?

I will leave it with the current map for now as the car runs great, and when my tuner friend gets back from holidays we will try to figure it out.

PS: Hal, how do you fee about visiting the great white north..lol.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 05-04-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Give me a call tomorrow if possible when you and your laptop are with the car. And I'll be in Vancouver in the next couple weeks doing some tuning... why not venture on up further right?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 PM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Give me a call tomorrow if possible when you and your laptop are with the car. And I'll be in Vancouver in the next couple weeks doing some tuning... why not venture on up further right?
I will try to call you tommorow, I think it will be 6:00pm your time by the time I get home from work though. Don't think you work that late.

If only Vancouver wasn't so far away..
Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

so did you ever figure out why the 2 banks are off with auto correction? i'm experiencing that now since i switched over to turbo. It was fine when hal tuned it in may with my vortech though.

sometimes i'll have a 10% difference in correction between the 2 banks.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
so did you ever figure out why the 2 banks are off with auto correction? i'm experiencing that now since i switched over to turbo. It was fine when hal tuned it in may with my vortech though.

sometimes i'll have a 10% difference in correction between the 2 banks.
Yeah it's all fixed up now, but that was well over a year ago, and I can't remember what I did to correct it. Sorry.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

dang it
Old 09-17-2010, 04:19 AM
marra23

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe

Please try to remember mate.

I hooked up the wideband with one sensor in the down pipe and exactly this happens.

It only displays AFR's when O2 correction is enabled.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by marra23
Please try to remember mate.

I hooked up the wideband with one sensor in the down pipe and exactly this happens.

It only displays AFR's when O2 correction is enabled.
Use the channels "Calibrations - O2 Sensor 1" and "Calibrations - O2 Sensor 2" to view the AFR readings at all times. You are probably using "Actual O2 Value Bank 1" which is a function of o2 control, so it is disabled when o2 control is disabled.

Also, you need to make sure you wired the 1 o2 sensor into both banks on the Haltech, otherwise o2 control will not function properly.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:38 PM
marra23

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Use the channels "Calibrations - O2 Sensor 1" and "Calibrations - O2 Sensor 2" to view the AFR readings at all times. You are probably using "Actual O2 Value Bank 1" which is a function of o2 control, so it is disabled when o2 control is disabled.

Also, you need to make sure you wired the 1 o2 sensor into both banks on the Haltech, otherwise o2 control will not function properly.
Cool, thanks.
One problem, the AFR shows a 1 point difference to the shops one which is mounted at the back of the exhaust.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by marra23
Cool, thanks.
One problem, the AFR shows a 1 point difference to the shops one which is mounted at the back of the exhaust.
I had this too. The dyno wideband was reading 13:1 and both of my widebands on the Haltech were at 11.7:1.

I trusted both of my over the one on the dyno. The dyno wideband was about 20" down stream from the turbo, not at the exhaust tip.

Quick Reply: Haltech issues