Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

uprev cranking enrichment

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
You're right, it is lean. You installed a higher flowing cam and have tiny stock injectors. Increase the cranking enrichment. For a first try make a wild change (increase it a lot) and see what that does. If it still has a problem then only increase it half of what you did hte first time and try again. After that you can start fine tuning it with small numbers. If you start fine tuning with small numbers you'll be tuning forever.
Sounds good... one thing I noticed is if you're misfiring or stumbling on a cold start, it's almost always due to a VERY lean condition. You can be nasty pig rich on a cold start without much fuss.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
SH Luciano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bringing back this old thread. those that have had issues with hot start on a osiris tune - did you ever check your plugs to see if they were pretty damp? if so what were the results? my car is having this basically this hot start issue and i want to rule out any other possibilities as the cause.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:38 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SH Luciano
bringing back this old thread. those that have had issues with hot start on a osiris tune - did you ever check your plugs to see if they were pretty damp? if so what were the results? my car is having this basically this hot start issue and i want to rule out any other possibilities as the cause.
Pulling the plugs after cranking to check the plugs would be a waste of time.

If you want to see if it is rich on cranking then hard wire 12v to the widebands so they stay on and do not reset when cranking. Then you can see a solid a/f during cranking.

The simplest thing is trial by error. Reduce fuel in those cells and test. Repeat. If it gets worse then that's not the issue.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have someone stand behind the car on a sunny day when you start it. If there's dark smoke puff when it fires up (or stumbles) you're way rich.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:02 PM
SH Luciano

thanks for the replies guys. fairly sure tuner has it figured out. car pretty much fires right up now, but i do need to give it a little gas when starting it. car has built motor with 300 miles on it, aps twins, cjm stage 2 fuel system, 830cc deatchwerks injectors, and bc 272 cams. i do get some white smoke...not dark like you mention djamps.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you are not giving it gas when its cranking, you are leaning it out by opening the throttle body
Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 AM
SH Luciano

so with that being said, should i be asking the tuner to adjust the appropriate tables to decrease fueling at startup?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM
AndrewMHo

Originally Posted by SH Luciano
so with that being said, should i be asking the tuner to adjust the appropriate tables to decrease fueling at startup?
Your tuner should know if he should adjust those tables or not given the symptoms/conditions you may have. Who's your tuner if you don't mind me asking?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 AM
SH Luciano

project x is doing all the work. i have the car now and am putting break in miles on the motor and they are doing the rest of the tune friday. ill be sure to mention to him the couple small symptoms the car is having, hopefully he can get it sorted friday.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:34 AM
crd00

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably a stupid question but Im going to ask it anyways. I am currently in this situation on the cranking enrichment values being too high so I'm going to play around with the values to see if it will help.

My situation is I tuned my 350 using the rom editor, saved the rom files and flashed them to the ecu then I tuned the car using cipher and saved the files which are RTT files. The car is currently dialed in perfectly except for the hot start issue.

My question is, if I go into the rom editor, change the values that I want, save the file, then flash the ecu, will it affect the RTT file that I edited and saved via cipher?

Am I correct in saying theres 2 different files uploaded to the ecu? The ROM file and RTT file?

Last edited by crd00; 09-12-2014 at 11:41 AM.