Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

best utec logger?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best utec logger?

looking for a logger tool to use with my utec. there are a couple out there so i was just wondering which one is the easiest to use. back when i got my utec i did all the tuning myself and since then have additional mods so i want to tune it better this time around.

also, i will not be upgrading my utec to another tuner...it is not worth it to me as i am running na and plan to stay that way.

thanks in advance

rw
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

I'm going to be using MPS Utec Logger. You can integrate a wideband with it without having to use the tuner pro and it maps AFR you are running in every window.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Road Warrior

i downloaded that one but do not yet have it installed. i also have the tuner pro with my utec and i understand you can hook that up as well when running the mps logger. there are other logger tools out there, some you can download for free and others require payment...just trying to get some info before hand.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Jime
Banned

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
i downloaded that one but do not yet have it installed. i also have the tuner pro with my utec and i understand you can hook that up as well when running the mps logger. there are other logger tools out there, some you can download for free and others require payment...just trying to get some info before hand.
I have mps logger and UTI from Jeffsoftware. I gave up on MPS and just use UTI now. Just came back from some road tuning to get my A/F in the ballpark before hitting the dyno.

Neither are perfect but do make it easier than using the UTEC logs. I can't remember what they cost but its very minimal. They both support my UTEC Tuner.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jime
I have mps logger and UTI from Jeffsoftware. I gave up on MPS and just use UTI now. Just came back from some road tuning to get my A/F in the ballpark before hitting the dyno.

Neither are perfect but do make it easier than using the UTEC logs. I can't remember what they cost but its very minimal. They both support my UTEC Tuner.
thanks man. that was one of the other loggers out there that i was hoping to get some info on. most of them range from $25-$35 from what i have seen.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had bad luck with UTI. Buggy and crashy, never even really got to use it. No reply to support questions on their forum, contact form, or email... buy at your own risk.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Road Warrior

appreciate the replies...