Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UpRev CEL/SES came back on

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default UpRev CEL/SES came back on

Anyone with an 07+ HR that had UpRev tune disable their o2 sensor (because it threw a CEL/SES) and have the light come back on?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:06 AM
R350Zz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deteria
Anyone with an 07+ HR that had UpRev tune disable their o2 sensor (because it threw a CEL/SES) and have the light come back on?
happened to me call your tuner and go back they just forgot to do turn off that on my car took 5 mins to re flash.
unless its a different code so go get the code scanned first
Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 AM
ashram

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had mine disabled about a week ago and it hasnt came back on. How long did the light stay off?
Old 06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Deteria

Mine was off since June 2nd.

My tuner disabled the sensors though, on top of clearing the codes.

Also I was using some dummy sensors at 1st because my OEM ones off my cat were stripped and just used them to plug the holes in my ART pipes. My Z was tuned with those dummy sensors in place.

2 days ago I had the dummy sensors swapped with new working o2 downstream sensors. Could that have caused the problem?

I was just cruising to work with cruise control set @ 70mph and lights came on.

Also my mpg feels really bad on highway driving. I don't think I am driving particularly harder than before, but I drive 70% highway and I'm getting about 50-70 miles less to a tank after the tune. Unless the hot TX weather has something to do with it too... It recently got 5-10 degrees hotter. I used to avg 370miles a tank. Now I'm getting like 300.

Last edited by Deteria; 06-12-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:25 AM
R350Zz33

Mine was off since June 2nd.

My tuner disabled the sensors though, on top of clearing the codes.

Also I was using some dummy sensors at 1st because my OEM ones off my cat were stripped and just used them to plug the holes in my ART pipes. My Z was tuned with those dummy sensors in place.

2 days ago I had the dummy sensors swapped with new working o2 downstream sensors. Could that have caused the problem?

I was just cruising to work with cruise control set @ 70mph and lights came on.

Also my mpg feels really bad on highway driving. I don't think I am driving particularly harder than before, but I drive 70% highway and I'm getting about 50-70 miles less to a tank after the tune. Unless the hot TX weather has something to do with it too... It recently got 5-10 degrees hotter. I used to avg 370miles a tank. Now I'm getting like 300.
get it scanned when you know the code report back
Old 06-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Deteria

It was throwing some Bank 2 code for the downstream o2 sensor.

Originally my tuner had the 2 downstream disabled because I just had dummy sensors in place as plugs as my factory o2 sensors were stripped, and with the 2 downstream sensors disabled, it was throwing the car into a closed loop or w/e. I think some other people had similar issues before.

Anyways, this caused horrible mpg as the ecu thinks it's not getting enough fuel and kept feeding more. My tuner said my car was consuming about 10% more fuel. But since I have working sensors in place, he re-enabled the sensors and so far, no CEL. Maybe time to get emissions testing done b4 it comes back on lol. So far this morning, driving to work, the gas mileage seems better than before. 21mpg with about mostly highway with a bit of stop n go traffic. Before I was avging like 18mpg similar driving conditions.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM
R350Zz33

It was throwing some Bank 2 code for the downstream o2 sensor.

Originally my tuner had the 2 downstream disabled because I just had dummy sensors in place as plugs as my factory o2 sensors were stripped, and with the 2 downstream sensors disabled, it was throwing the car into a closed loop or w/e. I think some other people had similar issues before.

Anyways, this caused horrible mpg as the ecu thinks it's not getting enough fuel and kept feeding more. My tuner said my car was consuming about 10% more fuel. But since I have working sensors in place, he re-enabled the sensors and so far, no CEL. Maybe time to get emissions testing done b4 it comes back on lol. So far this morning, driving to work, the gas mileage seems better than before. 21mpg with about mostly highway with a bit of stop n go traffic. Before I was avging like 18mpg similar driving conditions.
make sure you drive it a good amount or you will get the emissions systeam not ready
Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Deteria

I don't think it matters in TX. We just care if car is throwing a CEL/SES or not. I'm more concerned about horrible mpg + CEL/SES. Hopefully re-enabling the o2 downstream sensors fix the problem.

Though I did drive a good 4-500 miles after I got tuned and it threw a light while on cruise control.