Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

FisherSpeed ECU Review.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 08:03 PM
zimbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saying that it took 8 dynos to get from start to finish is not stupid. It's fact. It took them 8 dynos.

--Steve
Old 01-09-2004, 08:26 PM
FLY BY Z

Oh you called and discussed this with them. If so, then that's fine, if not then it's a major assumption and assumptions are stupid. Even if they simply did eight runs, who cares? Does everyone use the first dyno that pops out? No. By the way, you didn't say it took them 8 to get from start to finish. You said they needed 8 runs to get one "good enough" to put on the website. Two different statements. One is an assumption and the other is a fair statement. Nothing against you, zimbo. I assume things a lot too. But I try not to on a public forum just because it can easily spread misinfo and screw things up.

Last edited by FLY BY Z; 01-09-2004 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Wedge

Wow..those are some nice gains liquid Z........looks like they even used your dyno for their web site. Must have been the tune they were most proud of. Is the date right on the dyno? 11/29?

I think Technosquare should get a dyno at their shop.......seems like a good thing to be able to make final tuning adjustments.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:14 PM
FLY BY Z

Yeah I agree! The dyno tune is def. something I am excited about! It's a def. plus.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:45 PM
KJY9

Default Re: FisherSpeed ECU Review.

Originally posted by LiquidZee
Well I finally did it, made a modification to the Z which actually made a difference that I could feel.

Do you have the A/F part of the dyno printed out that you could post as well?
Thanks
Old 01-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't care if it took 30 dynoes to get my result...or 3...the result is the important part, not the number of tries it takes.

Still WAY less time consuming than programming full standalone.

I think this is great for you guys in and around the TX area. As many of you know, I have been recommending for some time that ANY mods to an ecu, be they SAFC settings, E Manage settings or a reflash, needs to be done on ones particular car. Doing it any other way, IMHO, is shortsighted and far from ideal. Hopefully more and more places will get singed uo to do the TS tuning on their premesis and the knowledge base will grow. We have been contemplating it for some time, but lack of parrant demand is what is holding off for right now.

Good work!
Old 01-10-2004, 03:54 PM
chazzg

This will be my next Mod, in a week or so
Old 01-10-2004, 11:06 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who cares about 8 dynos?! if anything that means that they wanted to put the time in to get the ecu flash just perfect!! it's sweet that a shop in tx is doing the flash as well as a shop in ca now.... NOW the question is who is going to start doing the flash in FL. while by comparison CA may be a 4-5 day drive and a whole lot nicer is the drive to texas being only 20-22 hours straight it'd be a whole lot nicer if someone in FL started flashing the ecu for our Z's! i definitely think tuning the ecu is the most important part of any engine upgrades and if anyone knows where i can get my ecu tuned in any part of florida that would be awesome. and if there isn't already a place to get it tuned if someone was to start i'd be more than willing to pay for the upgrade and the ability to be finely dyno tuned with any other engine upgrade!

Rajiv
Old 01-11-2004, 11:43 AM
little_rod

Does anyone else notice that this flash seems to give much more HP than the TS flash?? Doesn't seem like that point has been mentioned, but maybe I missed it.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:19 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by hndumafia
NOW the question is who is going to start doing the flash in FL. while by comparison CA may be a 4-5 day drive and a whole lot nicer is the drive to texas being only 20-22 hours straight it'd be a whole lot nicer if someone in FL started flashing the ecu for our Z's!
I'm with you
Old 01-11-2004, 03:12 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not going to get in the middle of a big war on this one but..........hear me now and believe me later!!!!
If what I hear is true (and belive it is ) then a lot of people should put some serious respect aside for the guys at TechnoSquare.
I am not going to let the cat out of the bag but.......TS has got some "SERIOUS" stuff going on that will make alot of people very happy in the VQ3.5 world.
Luv ya guys!
BJZ
Old 01-11-2004, 03:49 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by dwnshift
I am not going to get in the middle of a big war on this one but..........hear me now and believe me later!!!!
If what I hear is true (and belive it is ) then a lot of people should put some serious respect aside for the guys at TechnoSquare.
I am not going to let the cat out of the bag but.......TS has got some "SERIOUS" stuff going on that will make alot of people very happy in the VQ3.5 world.
Luv ya guys!
BJZ
Well, their flash making as much power as this one would be a good start. Hopefully it is something great, hope to hear about it soon.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:32 PM
zimbo

Originally posted by little_rod
Does anyone else notice that this flash seems to give much more HP than the TS flash?? Doesn't seem like that point has been mentioned, but maybe I missed it.
It IS the TS flash, for crying out loud!!!

--Steve
Old 01-11-2004, 05:42 PM
chazzg

I emailed thes guys this

I just read about your 350Z re-flash ECU on My350Z.com, and I was wondering how many of these have you done? and do you have Experience with Modified 350Z's? As of now I have an AEM CAI, Borla Cat-back, RT HI-Flow Cats, UR Pulleys and more. I am a Z club of Texas member and can send you allot of business. I would also like you to Maybe come and speak at one of the ZCOT meetings if you could. How Long Does the Re-flash and Tuning take? I was going to wait to get my ECU reflashed @ Strictly Z in June when I will be out in the LA area for the 17th Annual International Z Convention, But now that there is a local tuner ( I live in Flower Mound) that can do the re-flash I will get it done Now. Also, I am thinking of putting headers on my Z, Should I Install headers Before the re-flash? Do you Offer support with the re-flash, Like if I add cams down the road, can i come back in get my Z re-tuned for free or a small additional fee?

And this was there reply

Chazz,

Thanks for inquiring about our 350z flash program. We've done several 350z's at the moment with modifications ranging from stock to modified. The whole tuning process takes roughly 1-2 hours depending on your modifications and if we have a close baseline map. We do have existing maps for cars with modifications that you've listed, so tuning should be on the shorter end of the scale. Headers should not make an impact large enough to warrant a retune, but if you have the option, get the ecu tuned in after the header install.

Additional tunes for you car would be covered under the dyno tuning service and you would not be charged an additional flash fee. We currently perform the tuning work at Rotary Performance in Garland and have an agreement with the owner to be able to use the dyno as needed. We hope to have our own storefront with dyno very shortly and I apologize for this inconvenience.

I've been looking forward to going to one of the Z club meetings, but haven't taken the time yet. I'm definitely up for going, if only to sit back and hang out with everybody. Let me know when the next meeting is and I'll make every effort to attend.

I sent him the Info no the next ZCOT meeting, and I will let everybody know if he can show up to it.

The next ZCOT meeting is Thurs Jan. 15th at 7:30 @ Juan's Hacienda in Plano. Juan's is located one (1) block west of I-75 (Central Expressway) on Plano Parkway. It is approximately 4 miles north from the previous location. Take the Plano Parkway exit off of Central Expressway (Hwy. 75) and go west one block. The restaurant is on the south west corner of the intersection. you can also Check out the web site for more Info www.zcluboftexas.org
Old 01-11-2004, 06:02 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by zimbo

--Steve
Well, the TS showed results of 7rwhp and this one has shown 14rwhp. That ain't the same, that is twice as much.

Last edited by little_rod; 01-11-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:28 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by zimbo

--Steve

The Technosquare programmer does not mean the Technosquare flash.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Ultimateone

Well dwnshft just layed a big secret on the line up in this post and we have to know whats going on now at TS!!! Dont we
Old 01-11-2004, 08:00 PM
kvjacobz

Originally posted by ZU L8R
I'm with you

me too!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:10 PM
F2dmfine

Originally posted by ZU L8R
I'm with you

me too.... it would be great to have someone in FL. Plus there is definitely alot of potential clients $$$ in FL
Old 01-11-2004, 08:37 PM
Glude

You wouldnt happen to be doing these flashes for the 04maxima would you? Im looking for some power mods for my cars and im in the TX area.

Quick Reply: FisherSpeed ECU Review.