Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

My best UpRev tune so far!

Old 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts
Default My best UpRev tune so far!

My mechanic is also an UpRev dealer (No. Utah) and he was down here in So. Ut. (St. George) 2 weeks ago; we pluged his laptop in, hit the road and with his dealer/tuner software he could see all of the #'s in real time; I already had a very good tune on it so he was focusing on timing. He tweaked the timing #'s some to "smooth out" the timing from 1st through 4th gear; 7,500 rpms per. Last night he emailed my new tune; this a.m. I reflashed it onto my ecu using Osiris in one minute. Took my '07 out on a road where I know I can romp and the first thing I realized is how smooth the power was and it feels so strong. I'm very impressed; we've done about 5 tunes on my car so far, but now this is the best. I use map #2 as my performance map and the MD exhaust was roaring as it likes to do.

Anyway, for you guys that do the e-tunes with UpRev, I'd highly recommend that you give my mechanic a call or email; you can go to UpRev's site, click on dealers and there is only one (I think) in No. Utah, click on the "bubble" and it brings up his Import Auto Clinic info. and site. He's a cool guy who has raced a variety of cars for many years; has a 630 whp SC 1970 Z28 Camaro that he races and I finally talked him into buying a Z33 so he recently bought an '03, rebuilt the motor, added an SC kit and is barely breaking the car in; will soon do an UpRev tune on it and dial it in for about 12 lbs. boost. He's a master mechanic, gear head, and was a Jaguar tech. for 10 yrs. and knows his stuff. You can check my mods out and if you have similar, he can email any of my tunes; even this new tune for my car. He wants me to use Cipher and make a good log to email to him to check all of my #'s out with this new tune. PM me if you would like more info.,etc. I wouldn't even mess with the e-tunes to and from UpRev; this guy is most likely better than any of them; like I say, plenty of racing/tuning experience, just getting turned on to the Z world!

Last edited by BigBlue; 03-08-2013 at 09:25 AM.