Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Some basic Uprev questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Engloid

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Some basic Uprev questions

Background: I bought a turbo kit used. I also have the Uprev Tuner cable and a G35 ECU, both with license on them.

1) Uprev said I could send my 350z ecu and the g35 ecu and they could transfer the license to my ecu. With me wanting to go to turbo at the same time, I will have to do (or pay for) my own tune. They indicated there is a way I could transfer the license from one ecu to the other myself and not have to send it in. This would be great, as it would cut back on downtime waiting on shipping and turnaround at their place. Anybody know how I can do this? My biggest fear is losing my stock settings so that I can't even drive the car till I send off the ECU and install the turbo setup. Even helping me get to this step would be a great help.

2) I would like to go ahead and hook up the laptop and cable to my current STOCK ECU and be able to play with it a bit, if possible. I don't care if it's a bone stock tune that I can look at, make small change, etc...just to learn some. Can I get a N/A tune from somebody else, and tinker with it before I go turbo? Anybody have one? Of course I know I have to be very careful with A/F ratio and such. As I understand, I can "dump" the factory settings to a file on my laptop, as a backup, then load another one. Correct?

3) What size are stock injectors? yes, I know I can search, but many of you likely know it right off top of your head. I wouldn't post a thread only for that, but while I'm here..

4) I know that many motorcycle guys will share their mods and tunes for power commanders. Is there a place I can go to find some?

I primarily need osiris specific software tips and help...not so much help with the basics of tuning...timing, duration, etc.

Yes, I do have the user manual, but to be honest, it's good if you are familiar with using softwares like this already, but not much of a tuning 101. I know I can just take it to a shop and pay $400 for a full dyno tune, but I want to learn myself..so please...no smartass answers about searching and reading on my own. I already am, and I don't want to just pay somebody to do the work. I want to learn it so that *I* can tweak it after doing future mods.

Thanks!

Last edited by Engloid; 04-27-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Engloid

I believe I have figured out how to download the factory ROM file. I'm looking it over, studying it. It's pretty interesting, and a bit over my head, but I hope to at least get familiar enough with it that if I pay $400 for a dynotune at a local shop, I can make changes in the future.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:21 PM
kilogram

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Find the pinouts for the ECU, connect power and jump the OBD2 terminals to the cable, then flash away.

2. I think you figured this one out, just download it from the ROM editor.

3. I've never actually found legit flow rate AND pressure listed in the same source, but I used 320cc for my calculations and had no trouble.

4. Not many people "share" tunes with uprev because there are so many different ROM bases. There aren't going to be many canned tunes out there that will work as well for your car as just datalogging and making appropriate changes. Most people tune the car with the MAF table, and that will be specific to the particular car.

You'll probably need to sort out the AFR, and you can play with the throttle control table to get better response. Timing is something you should log as much of as you can, but don't play with it much until you get to a dyno.

If you just want to dig through someone else's tune, you can download the ROM that's currently in my ECU here. Only mods so far are GTR injectors and a 40kΩ resistor on the MAF signal line to extend its range. This is the tune, pre boost (vortech going in whenever I find time). It's a CE806, so don't try to flash it to your ECU unless you're the same ROM base or you could brick your ECU. If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Engloid

Originally Posted by kilogram
1. Find the pinouts for the ECU, connect power and jump the OBD2 terminals to the cable, then flash away.

2. I think you figured this one out, just download it from the ROM editor.

3. I've never actually found legit flow rate AND pressure listed in the same source, but I used 320cc for my calculations and had no trouble.

4. Not many people "share" tunes with uprev because there are so many different ROM bases. There aren't going to be many canned tunes out there that will work as well for your car as just datalogging and making appropriate changes. Most people tune the car with the MAF table, and that will be specific to the particular car.

You'll probably need to sort out the AFR, and you can play with the throttle control table to get better response. Timing is something you should log as much of as you can, but don't play with it much until you get to a dyno.

If you just want to dig through someone else's tune, you can download the ROM that's currently in my ECU here. Only mods so far are GTR injectors and a 40kΩ resistor on the MAF signal line to extend its range. This is the tune, pre boost (vortech going in whenever I find time). It's a CE806, so don't try to flash it to your ECU unless you're the same ROM base or you could brick your ECU. If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.
Thanks for the reply. I read it the other day but didn't have time to reply...and was on my phone.

When you say your ecu is a CE806, that means what? Is it like a model of ecu, and no other model ecu will be able to use the tune from it? I would have to use one from my particular model? Seems I do remember seeing some combination of letters like that on mine (either G or Z).

Everybody always says to search for answers, but I can't find anything on osiris tuning. I only find advanced stuff with no explanations, or things so basic as what injectors do, what timing is, and afr definitions...not specific to osiris at all.